Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Reading that Zouma has had issues with his medical for West Ham.

Should be back in for Lingard now then with a bit of luck.
And West Ham have shown their hand, in that they had £30m available to spend on Zouma...!!

FerociousCorgis

i mean at this point is there really any point in keeping lingard? Get whatever the hell you can for him. Know he is on high wages but should be able to get something for him after his pretty decent form for WHU. What position would he even be 2nd or 3rd choice for in the lineup? Even for backup to bruno would just put pogba in there

RedDevil@84

So West Ham can pay 25M for Zouma, but cant pay that for JLingz. Despite Lingard playing with them and doing well last season.

It seems always weird (borderline fishy) that when it comes to players that Chelsea are actively pushing out, everyone wants to pay the big money. In some cases, even break club records.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It does seem baffling that we can't even sell Lingard to a team that he had a superb spell with last season.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We have to slim down the squad. At least one of Martial or Lingard, if not both have to go.

GoldanoGraham

Can see Jesse moving on now - he’s not going to get much game time so fully expect him to be gone before the end of the window.

Ollie Derbyshire

I’d boot the pair of them in the next three days. They won’t get a kick and their small number of minutes can go to Elanga and Shoretire.

Then invest that money in a midfielder.
We should move on Lingard, James, Martial, Matic, Dalot & VDB (only due to never being used) if we can, get in two midfielders (Ndidi/Saul) and a right back (Trippier).

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am probably wrong but he strikes me as just happy to be a Man Utd player.
I am surprised he's not pushing for a move.

hobbers

Ideally Martial would be the first one out the door but Lingard is still the most sellable so you'd have to think he'll leave with Ronaldo coming in.

Between Lingard, Mata and Martial that's 500k a week in wasted wages for players who aren't even good enough for the bench if everyone is fit. Shambles.

AneRu

We have to slim down the squad. At least one of Martial or Lingard, if not both have to go.
Martial, James and Lingard have to go but with Ronaldo coming back I think Lingard will stick around just to enjoy the vibe and buzz of this transfer.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Martial, James and Lingard have to go but with Ronaldo coming back I think Lingard will stick around just to enjoy the vibe and buzz of this transfer.
Yea i forgot James alright. Certainly two of those three have to go.

Redlyn

So is lingard actually going to stay with that front line we have? And then leave on a free barely playing? Why do we do this? Just let go already.

Redlyn

We should move on Lingard, James, Martial, Matic, Dalot & VDB (only due to never being used) if we can, get in two midfielders (Ndidi/Saul) and a right back (Trippier).
Perfect. Since its a given Jones will never leave. Ever.

Seij

So West Ham can pay 25M for Zouma, but cant pay that for JLingz. Despite Lingard playing with them and doing well last season.

It seems always weird (borderline fishy) that when it comes to players that Chelsea are actively pushing out, everyone wants to pay the big money. In some cases, even break club records.
Maybe they're competent at selling players?

There's also that Zouma is on half of Lingard's wages.

Last edited:

432JuanMata

He might of came on against Southampton but with Ronaldo then Rashford and Cavani coming back he won’t get a look in we should sell

DoomSlayer

Two of Lingard, Mata and DVB are surplus to requirements at this point. We have to sell Lingard, because the squad is too bloated now with the signings of Sancho and Ronaldo.

Red_toad

46k a week v 75k a week, wages are a cost that's included in deals, plus somewhere like West ham they'll want a sell on value, Jesse is 29 in a few months, so it's his last big contract

FromTheBench

Two of Lingard, Mata and DVB are surplus to requirements at this point. We have to sell Lingard, because the squad is too bloated now with the signings of Sancho and Ronaldo.
Really don't get why we even gave mata a new deal.

Lingard should be sold now. Or James whoever gets a higher value. Can even sell both

Classical Mechanic

46k a week v 75k a week, wages are a cost that's included in deals, plus somewhere like West ham they'll want a sell on value, Jesse is 29 in a few months, so it's his last big contract
Think they're happy to let the Lingard transfer run to the last days of the window because we'll be under increasing pressure to sell him.

adam118

Lingard, Martial and James surely are in danger now to be sold? I would actually prefer James and Martial to go first. Not Jesse's biggest fan but he has more to offer in my opinion.

Not sure I can endure James hitting the side netting rather than feeding Ronaldo

Redlyn

Lingard, Martial and James surely are in danger now to be sold? I would actually prefer James and Martial to go first. Not Jesse's biggest fan but he has more to offer in my opinion.

Not sure I can endure James hitting the side netting rather than feeding Ronaldo
At least we can get something back for JLingz if we act now. We also have Mata earning free cash. Really bloated squad and wage bill for nothing.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Probably too sentimental, but I’d keep him just due to how happy he seemed that Ronaldo was coming back. :lol: He probably is our best no 10 when we don’t play Bruno too, if he can score goals for us like he did for West Ham I’d be happy.

crossy1686

career ending
At least we can get something back for JLingz if we act now. We also have Mata earning free cash. Really bloated squad and wage bill for nothing.
Fecking hell, Mata took a massive pay cut to stay on and do his coaching badges this year so he can move into coaching, he’s on nothing comparatively.

People should really be worrying about Bailly, Martial, Pereria, De Gea and Dalot if we’re talking wages. We’ll never fecking shift these lads and they’re all on way more than Mata and offer less.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Probably too sentimental, but I’d keep him just due to how happy he seemed that Ronaldo was coming back. :lol: He probably is our best no 10 when we don’t play Bruno too, if he can score goals for us like he did for West Ham I’d be happy.
No he is not. What makes you think that?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Gary Neville put it best. I am surprised he isn't banging doors to get out.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No he is not. What makes you think that?
Who would you say is? I’d pick him over Mata who I like but is getting on, and VDB who although I think could be good never seems to get a go.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Now that we have a very good squad, it isn't an issue if he stays as he won't be playing much anyway.

Robbie Boy

Honestly, we should take about 15m for him at this point. I really hope he goes in the next few days for him as much as us.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I personally think that West Ham want Lingard but don't want to sell Rice due to them being part of the Europa League.

They will only sell Rice for that 100mil type offer; which even Rice has supposedly said is too much for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.