Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Issue is that I think Lingard has been quite clear that he won't move there on a permanent deal under any circumstances right now. The loan deal option is best for all parties and I am struggling to see the problem at this point. Newcastle are clearly willing to meet our financial demands for a player we don't plan to use and will lose for nothing in 4 months, JLingz gets to play regularly to maintain his value ahead of a bumper free agent deal and potentially can force his way back into the England side ahead of the Wrold Cup and Newcastle of course get a proven PL player to help them in their bid to absolve MBS of his crimes against humanity.
If money is his objective, there’s literally not a better club on the planet for him to be bending over a barrel. The circumstances are unique, and if they stay up, will never arise again: them being desperate and therefore riper for the taking than they will be again.

Of course, if the level of the club and its potential to elevate his status (to possibly get him on the plane to Qatar) are genuinely important to him, then things alter quite significantly.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Free up the wage structure for propper players. We're going nowhere with Jesse, that's been evident for years. Time for a big clean out.

darko

I wouldn’t loan him to Newcastle regardless of their offer. Why help them avoid relegation?

Jesse can leave on a free in the summer to wherever he wants. I’d pay his wages for 4 more months if it meant Newcastle going down.
I agree. Why help Newcastle? They've got the cash. If they want him, they can buy him. It's not like he isn't getting any playing time at United.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
But he doesn't want to go there on a perm who can blame him? They might very well be in the champo next year. From his POV a loan is a better option. If he helps them stay up he would very likely sign permanently in the summer. If they go down he can pick a prem club on a free.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
If he can go there and do anywhere near as well as he did when he was at West Ham then he'll be in a position to sign a deal on big money in the summer, either at Newcastle or somewhere else.

darko

As long as he doesn't have to stay on if they get relegated, it shouldn't make a difference to him. I can see the point of view of all sides on this. Newcastle wants to stay up. Lingard wants to play. He doesn't want to stay on if they get relegated. Newcastle doesn't want to spend and lose the player in five months. Manchester United doesn't want to help Newcastle with no compensation.

My guess is Lingard has his eye on going to West Ham. He doesn't want to play in Newcastle.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
We should reject it.

Either they buy him for 30m or he's warming the bench here and seeing out his contract.

A loan move would benefit us slightly but it would benefit lingard and newcastle much more. Feck both of them, yes i dislike both of them.

Would newcastle like to be stingy with a few million when relegation is on the line ? I think not, alternatively they could give us 30m for a loan if lingard doesn't fancy them or maybe they should add a release clause in his contract if they get relegated, which gets activated if another club is willing to buy him for 10-20m, they would get back half the amount anyways.

Price is 30m and we should stop being taken for a ride. Make an example out of him so that the message is sent across to the players and other clubs that utd will not be taken to the cleaners anymore.

Last edited:

Caesar2290

We should reject it.

Either they buy him for 30m or he's warming the bench here and seeing out his contract.

A loan move would benefit lingard and newcastle more. Feck both of them.
No white text mate? :lol:

Yeah we should reject an offer for a player who's contract is expiring in 6 months and leave on a free while paying his wages. Big brain business move right there

Gandalf

We should reject it.

A loan move would benefit us slightly but it would benefit lingard and newcastle much more. Feck both of them, yes i dislike both of them.

Would newcastle like to be stingy with a few million when relegation is on the line ? I think not, alternatively they could give us 30m for a loan if lingard doesn't fancy them or maybe they should add a release clause in his contract if they get relegated which gets activated if another club is willing to buy him for 10-20m, they would get back half the amount anyways.

Price is 30m and we should stop being taken for a ride. Make an example out of him so that the message is sent across to the players and other clubs that utd will not be taken to the cleaners anymore.
Not really making an example of him though. He does not appear to be bothered about whether he goes and we have no leverage to sell him as he is refusing a permanent deal. If we take this stance we get nothing and pay his wages for a few more months whilst he works on his brand and his side gig as a West Ham cheerleader.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

Yeah we should reject an offer for a player who's contract is expiring in 6 months and leave on a free while paying his wages. Big brain business move right there
Ive no problem in selling him for the value we think he is.

This loan business is solely down to lingard being greedy, feck him. He wants a loan to newcastle where he will try his best so that he can earn a better contract 6 months down the line.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We should reject it.

Would newcastle like to be stingy with a few million when relegation is on the line ? I think not, alternatively they could give us 30m for a loan if lingard doesn't fancy them or maybe they should add a release clause in his contract if they get relegated, which gets activated if another club is willing to buy him for 10-20m, they would get back half the amount anyways.

30 million and he is out of contract in four months? Doesnt make sense.

I was expecting it to be six or seven million, so ten is winning the lottery.

Artorias

Just sell him. I don't know what's the problem with him joining Newcastle tbh. Is not like he's gonna save them... besides we'll get a transfer fee.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Not really making an example of him though. He does not appear to be bothered about whether he goes and we have no leverage to sell him as he is refusing a permanent deal. If we take this stance we get nothing and pay his wages for a few more months whilst he works on his brand and his side gig as a West Ham cheerleader.
He won't get a good contract next season then if he's warming the bench here. What kind of message is he sending by insisting on a loan deal with 6 months left when newcastle are ready to buy him outright ? He's a greedy little goblin.

Caesar2290

Ive no problem in selling him for the value we think he is.

This loan business is solely down to lingard being greedy, feck him. He wants a loan to newcastle where he will try his best so that he can earn a better contract 6 months down the line.
Who cares about Lingard mate? I care about United

We have 8 days to get some money for him or we will lose him for free.

Actually not even that because we will still have to pay his wages which are 100K+ per week x 16 weeks = 1.6 million+ pounds that we have to pay to keep him on the bench

Or we can get 10 million now and use said money to invest in a CM during the summer.

No brainer really

Lee565

why would United care about that? If they offer decent money it would be crazy to turn it down for that reason
Problem is if they stay up it means it will take them far quicker to become a top 4 contender and considering how awful we have been ran post fergie, the last thing we need is another club giving us a run for our money in getting a top 4 spot and eventually being even worse at monopolizing the premier league crown than man city.

HailtotheKing

10 is winning the lottery at this stage yeah. Of course the flipside is will Lingard help them avoid relegation? In which case next year Newcastle will be a real threat.

Last edited:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Just sell him. I don't know what's the problem with him joining Newcastle tbh. Is lot like he's gonna save them... besides we'll get a transfer fee.
Newcastle want to buy him, lingard wants a loan deal because:
1. If he performs well and newcastle stay up he can negotiate a better contract 6 months down the line.
2. If he performs well and newcastle get relegated he can move onto another club and negotiate a better contract 6 months down the line.
3. If he doesn't perform well and newcastle get relegated then he'll blame newcastle and move onto another club and try to get a better contract 6 months down the line.

The weasel has thought it through and he thinks he holds all the cards. However, if utd acts irrationally and says no to any loan deal then his plans go down the shitter. We'll lose a bit of money but that's nothing compared to what we've already lost on pogba previously and will do so again.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Or Ole promising him playing time so we didn't sell him last summer for 30m.
Or moyes not putting out the cash. Although, i wouldn't put it past ole seeing what has become of donny.

Oldyella

We should reject it.

Thank god you're not running the club.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We should reject it.

Hate to tell you but your post is on drugs

PoTMS

I'm pretty sure that loan fee is covering his £120k a week in wages too. Really bad business from us to let him go on a free after refusing a fee in the summer but I guess this is better than nothing.

The Firestarter

We should reject it.

30m :lol: I wish I could get such high.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

If they made offers to buy him now with a non-token fee (10m) I'd sell him to top 4 rivals. If he ends up going to Newcastle on loan for a 5m fee that would be great business.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
We should reject it.

Reject it when we can use the money on Zakaria for less than that ( both price+ wages) ?

VivaRonaldo85

Ludicrous he’s still here and we’re in this mess with lingard. Should have been offloaded last summer for a decent enough fee. Now it’s looking like a loan to Newcastle as lingard won’t want to go there permanently given their relegation risk or we try and instigate a sale somewhere which is unlikely at this time. No doubt lingard will be happy to go to Newcastle on loan for 5 months on big money and whatever the outcome, move on a free to a West Ham or Spurs in the summer. What a mess not cashing in on a saleable asset by our club again.

Jonesno.8

Problem is if they stay up it means it will take them far quicker to become a top 4 contender and considering how awful we have been ran post fergie, the last thing we need is another club giving us a run for our money in getting a top 4 spot and eventually being even worse at monopolizing the premier league crown than man city.
I think if the business model is right etc. and they do stay up, it's still a few years away from them bring involved in any top races. Between FFP, lack of familiarity with being in multiple competitions even Europa in a couple of years say will have a serious impact on them not being anything to worry about for a good 5 years. In that time who knows the landscape world football will be in. The few quid would be useful now....... should and its a massive should we be considering anything in Jan. I take your point mind you, it would obviously be hilarious to see them in the Championship, Neymar and Mbappe will lap up that league

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Loan move for £10m suits all parties.

Newcastle get a good player in to help them for the rest of the season.
We pocket £10m fee and stop paying his wages.
Lingard gets to play week in week out and choose his next move at the end of the contract.

Let’s just get it over the line asap.

Strats

Would be interesting if leaks of our line ups suddenly stop if/when he leaves

DickDastardly

10 million loan?

To Newcastle? Where he can't play against us, but can play vs our opponents and help us get 4th?

And we haven't sent a helicopter to St.James with Jesse strapped to the hull yet?!

Snatch their fecking hands off i say.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Loan move for £10m suits all parties.

Newcastle get a good player in to help them for the rest of the season.
We pocket £10m fee and stop paying his wages.
Lingard gets to play week in week out and choose his next move at the end of the contract.

Let’s just get it over the line asap.
Where’s this £10m loan fee been reported? I haven’t found a single source for this so far.

dove

10 million loan?

To Newcastle? Where he can't play against us, but can play vs our opponents and help us get 4th?

And we haven't sent a helicopter to St.James with Jesse strapped to the hull yet?!

Snatch their fecking hands off i say.
10 million sounds way too good to be true, got to be fake surely. Nobody in their right mind would pay that to loan a 29 year old average footballer for 5 months whose contract expires at the same time. We would be lucky to get a couple million for him.

Red Royal

10 million sounds way too good to be true, got to be fake surely. Nobody in their right mind would pay that to loan a 29 year old average footballer for 5 months whose contract expires at the same time. We would be lucky to get a couple million for him.
Don't forget Newcastle now have cash to burn....so hope it happens

Born2Lose

Will be glad when he leaves, but an interesting stat from last season is he scored 9PL goals in 16 starts while Rashford who had a "good season" according to many scored 11 in 33.

If Lingard can get 2 or 3 important goals for them it could be the difference between staying up and going down and that's worth £10m easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.