Jesse Lingard | Seoul singer

hobbers

What's going on with him? He's been an unused sub in all the recent Forest games, but hasn't played since coming on against us a month ago - any gossip or is he just done at Forest?
Got the money doesnt care about the football.

spiriticon

Honestly how Forest have given this man child 200k a week I will never know

Nickelodeon

Honestly how Forest have given this man child 200k a week I will never know
He should’ve known his own levels and taken West Hams 3 year deal. Pretty sure clubs wouldn’t be lining up this summer but some desperate club will still throw good money after him.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
He should’ve known his own levels and taken West Hams 3 year deal. Pretty sure clubs wouldn’t be lining up this summer but some desperate club will still throw good money after him.
Wasn't he blocked by your club?

hobbers

Wasn't he blocked by your club?
No he could have probably gone to West Ham or Newcastle on 3 year deals last summer for free. But he priced himself out of the market with ridiculous wage demands.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
No he could have probably gone to West Ham or Newcastle on 3 year deals last summer for free. But he priced himself out of the market with ridiculous wage demands.
Ah, I heard it wrong then. Thanks.

Never rated him anyway.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
What's going on with him? He's been an unused sub in all the recent Forest games, but hasn't played since coming on against us a month ago - any gossip or is he just done at Forest?
I’ll address this post rather than the haters. The short answer is yes he’s probably done at Forest but it’s more complicated than that. He needs to be in the starting lineup if he’s going to play because he’s not really a game changing sub. His return from injury coincided with a number of other players coming back from injury so he’s not had a chance at a start.
The nature of our games is that we are either protecting a lead so bring on defenders or are chasing a goal so bring on Surridge.
The other factor is for some bizarre reason we bought Ayew in Jan who Coops has worked with before. He’s shit and I don’t get why he gets game time ahead of Lingard.
Other than that, I’ve said this before. It’s a been great having Lingard at the club. He’s been a model pro while he’s been here.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I’ll address this post rather than the haters. The short answer is yes he’s probably done at Forest but it’s more complicated than that. He needs to be in the starting lineup if he’s going to play because he’s not really a game changing sub. His return from injury coincided with a number of other players coming back from injury so he’s not had a chance at a start.
The nature of our games is that we are either protecting a lead so bring on defenders or are chasing a goal so bring on Surridge.
The other factor is for some bizarre reason we bought Ayew in Jan who Coops has worked with before. He’s shit and I don’t get why he gets game time ahead of Lingard.
Other than that, I’ve said this before. It’s a been great having Lingard at the club. He’s been a model pro while he’s been here.
Thanks for that - I was hoping we'd get insight from a Forest fan on the situation, especially given our history with him.

Even accepting the difference between him as a starter and a sub then I'm still surprised he's just sat on the bench in a relegation battle, even one that seems to be being won as things stand.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Thanks for that - I was hoping we'd get insight from a Forest fan on the situation, especially given our history with him.

Even accepting the difference between him as a starter and a sub then I'm still surprised he's just sat on the bench in a relegation battle, even one that seems to be being won as things stand.
Another reason that occurred to me is that we’ve gone back to a back 3 (now we have enough fit CB’s). Danilo has established himself on the left of midfield and scored 3 in 4. That leaves two attackers from Johnson, MGW, Awoniyi and Lingard. Scarpa is back in training too.
Lingard just got injured at the wrong time.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Gibbs-White and Johnson are just much better players than him. Get in a better striker and Forest will have a nice front three.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Gibbs-White and Johnson are just much better players than him. Get in a better striker and Forest will have a nice front three.
Awoniyi is going to be a top Striker - again injured at the wrong time this season but 3 in 2 games now and he absolutely batters CB’s for 70 minutes.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Awoniyi is going to be a top Striker - again injured at the wrong time this season but 3 in 2 games now and he absolutely batters CB’s for 70 minutes.
He looks fairly standard to me. Can definitely be improved on and would be a good rotation option.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I miss this Joker. So much of his energy, running and positive play, we miss nowadays.
Most probably he'd also improve under EtH. An improve and motivated Lingard would be a decent player.

And he'd sell more of his jlingz hoodies also.

Kostov

Most probably he'd also improve under EtH. An improve and motivated Lingard would be a decent player.

And he'd sell more of his jlingz hoodies also.
Yeah. like he has improved Maguire, Fred, Lindelof, McT.

Sorry but I don't think anyone can turn Lingard into a decent player.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Another reason that occurred to me is that we’ve gone back to a back 3 (now we have enough fit CB’s). Danilo has established himself on the left of midfield and scored 3 in 4. That leaves two attackers from Johnson, MGW, Awoniyi and Lingard. Scarpa is back in training too.
Lingard just got injured at the wrong time.
We have a couple of centre backs called the Chuckle Brothers that you can have.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Comes across as just interested in the money. Dumped his girlfriend the second he got his first big contract at United.

Marwood

Made a decent career out of almost nothing, fair play to him.
I wouldn't say out of almost nothing. He's been a decent player.

Was just fortunate to be Mancunian and come through the United academy. That gave him a career a level above what his talent warranted. Hardly the first though.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Released

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don’t think he gets another PL club. MLS or Middle East beckons.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just not a serious person.

OleGunnar20

Feels like he could have been an Ashley Young type of hardworking journeyman had he been focused enough. Amazing he hung around Old Trafford for as long as he did really.

stevoc

I wouldn't say out of almost nothing. He's been a decent player.

Was just fortunate to be Mancunian and come through the United academy. That gave him a career a level above what his talent warranted. Hardly the first though.
He's not actually from Manchester though.