Jesse Lingard 'to leave on a free'

devips

The personal brand promotion and his smug grin.

As far as I'm concerned he's gained more from his association with United than he's delivered on the field. He's done nothing of note as a United player.
Some fans seem to have a personal agenda against Lingard. It feels really weird at times.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Some fans seem to have a personal agenda against Lingard. It feels really weird at times.
People are allowed to dislike other people. Whats weird is you think someone has an agenda if the criticise someone!.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

As far as I'm concerned he's gained more from his association with United than he's delivered on the field. He's done nothing of note as a United player.
Enjoy

I don’t think he deserves the abuse he gets from some United fans. Hopefully he gets out of this toxic environment and is able to continue his career elsewhere

Gavinb33

Scored the winner in a cup final and 1 goal in a 3-2 win in another cup final, he has done way more than that of players who are remembered more fondly and there is no question about that

ICHM

Has been stealing a living for the last 3 seasons, the personal clothing promotion thing got to his head.

90 + 5min

Enjoy

I don’t think he deserves the abuse he gets from some United fans. Hopefully he gets out of this toxic environment and is able to continue his career elsewhere
He should not be abused. We agree on that. He should also have been more professional and tone down on other things that are not football related. Focus should be on football. The other stuff can wait after his football career. But I guess we live in different age now where it is more important being on social media and not work on football to be even better player.

Ixion

We don't want to use him and someone is willing to pay all his wages, why has it not been done already? Are we that desperate to pay his salary to sit on the bench for 5 months?

I have always said Lingard is not good enough for United, I don't particular like his social media stuff but he deserves better than rotting on the bench for a year. It's like Donny, play him or let him go, if someone wants to pay their whole wage then there is a solution right there for you.

SmallCaine

We don't want to use him and someone is willing to pay all his wages, why has it not been done already? Are we that desperate to pay his salary to sit on the bench for 5 months?

I have always said Lingard is not good enough for United, I don't particular like his social media stuff but he deserves better than rotting on the bench for a year. It's like Donny, play him or let him go, if someone wants to pay their whole wage then there is a solution right there for you.
Except he had a chance to leave in the summer, he decided he wanted to fight for his place knowing full well what happened before he went on a loan to westham. He's still here because he chose to be here, now either he waits until summer or newcastle get desperate enough to pay up, can't blame utd for his own decisions.

Gandalf

We actually do want to use him but only as a squad player. His wages are really not that high and he has value to us for the remainder of the season in case of injuries, fixture backlog etc. We would be willing to sell him and had an agreement in place with Newcastle but Jesse turned that down as he wants to get a loan and still go cash in as a Free Agent in the summer. In all of this we have not tried to loan Jesse out or said we don't want him here and yet the attitude of the interested clubs and Jesse himself is that they are doing us some sort of favour when in truth it is the other way around. Why let Newcastle have a player who is better than 95% of their current squad and who can potentially save their PL status for a token fee?

-Supreme-

We now know who’s been leaking to the press since Ralf took charge.

it appears both Rashford and Lingard are well connected with the English media.

Member 101269

I'm not sure why JLings camp are complaining. He signed a contract if he doesn't want to honour the contract tough, he needs isolating. If other are upset they have lost grip of reality and privilege, they can go.

Jibbs

We now know who’s been leaking to the press since Ralf took charge.

it appears both Rashford and Lingard are well connected with the English media.
Both need to be sold along with other primadonas like Pogba and Degea.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Shame they don't feel for the supporters who have put up with his mediocrity for 3 years.

L1nk

As I said previously, have never wanted to get rid of a player so much since i was old enough to start supporting the club. His talent is not as big as his mouth is, nowhere near

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He sure does love to talk to press. Most probably leaks came from him.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
“Players do not like how United are treating him”

He doesn’t have a right to play. Especially if he’s bad at football. He also doesn’t have a right to leave unless agreeable terms are met.

This is sort of why we pay you £100,000 a week, Jesse.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The speed at which Rashford and Lingard's camp run to the press raises a lot of questions about past leaks.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
“Players do not like how United are treating him” - this is from the same camp that said " players are angry that the same players are being picked by Ole/RR despite the bad performances"

I still think JL should be sold/loaned now in January, you don't need that bad energy in your dressing room.

Hughie77

If West Ham had stumped up in summer he be gone, looks like he be going there on a free, in summer . Read UTD wanted a clause of some sort if he goes to the Toon , if they stay up. So that looks off as well.

R'hllor

What a mess overall, you have board with a manager extending contracts to these feckers, refusing to move them on during summer and this is what you get, a clown fiesta.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You'd be forgiven for forgetting he's completely average and not prime Zidane with the way everyone in the dressing room is apparently so upset he's not playing.

devips

People are allowed to dislike other people. Whats weird is you think someone has an agenda if the criticise someone!.
To dislike a player is one thing, though why should a player be vilified without any valid objective ground does seem strange and agenda driven, as in Lingard's case..

And when a particular member/members wander from thread to thread spreading baseless calumny, it really appears weird.

DSG

Ok fair enough - He has done one thing of note!
That’s a bit harsh. He’s been a decent squad player for us. He never should have been a part of our first choice 11. Averaging 40 appearances per season from 2015 to 2020 was way too much and shows how far we have fallen.

I’ve been frustrated with his play as well, and TBF, if he had come up during the SAF era, he’d either have been converted into a Ji Sung Park type role player, or moved on. Never should have been played in that AM / no. 10 role.

‘Very happy for him to move on as he cannot meet our standard. Should have been sold 2 years ago.

passing-wind

The speed at which Rashford and Lingard's camp run to the press raises a lot of questions about past leaks.
I wouldn't put Rashford in the same sentence. That fact he had an injury with his back most of the last season, despite some terrible performances he's not once made an excuse. I'd actually say during the years of United being below par Marcus has represented himself well in the media. He's also twice the quality and then some of Lingard, I think this is propaganda from those who are revolved around Jesse.

dinostar77

This wouldnt of happen under fergie and david gill. Just shows how far the club have fallen. A homegrown lad, let him move on with his career. Asking £12mil bonus payement if newcastle stay up is just wrong.

Yes Newcastle should cover full wages and pay a loan fee but thats it. Better to get something for him now rather than nothing in the summer.