Jesse Lingard 'to leave on a free'

united for life

At the end of the day Lingard is a united product brought up in the system during the glory years. He's been here since he was a kid and has given us some great performances and key goals. Was he ever of the required standard?, as a bench option probably for a little bit. But that's not enough and so it's good that we move on. No hard feelings , united will always be his home.
good to see a sensible post among all the harsh words some fans are throwing at him. I think he’ll go to a mid-table team and actually do well as a starter there. Wish him all the best

I absolutely don't get this rabidly irrational Lingard hatred on the part of some caf fans.

They have some mental issues of their own, I think.
Because he's slagged the club off, leaked stories and generally caused trouble countless times. We should have a countdown on the home page to the day he's no longer a Manchester United player.

Paul778

Even Walter White would have problems selling out Jlingz merch :lol:
Trying to work out the equivalent scene... kinda like an intervention

Where maybe his mum takes him to the lockup and says to Jesse "There is more mechandise in this lockup that i can ever sell - please stop ordering more"

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
There's no point harbouring feelings of genuine personal hatred towards a footballer you've never met. However it's clear fans are worn out by the Lingard saga and he is emblematic of the malaise United have fallen into; the brand, the wage demands, the column inches, how has a player with his limitations warranted any of it?

I've no doubt he's been ill-advised, and what Ole was doing reportedly promising him game time then not giving him any I don't know, but it's turned into an embarrassing farce for which Lingard has to take some personal responsibility and all parties will be better off when he's gone from United.

jimmyb2000

I understand Lingard isn't popular but on pure footballing ability he has hit much higher levels than DvdB has in the Premier League.
Thats a strawman argument really. We all know VDB is crap anyways.

Digest this fact - Ronaldo has scored 18 league goals for United this season. Lingard has scored 20 league goals in 7 years as an attacking midfielder for United. Accepting mediocrity since SAF left has been the undoing of United.

devips

Thats a strawman argument really. We all know VDB is crap anyways.

Digest this fact - Ronaldo has scored 18 league goals for United this season. Lingard has scored 20 league goals in 7 years as an attacking midfielder for United. Accepting mediocrity since SAF left has been the undoing of United.
You seem to have had indigestion. Ronaldo is a striker, Lingard is not. Comparing Ronaldo/Messi with other players is sheer stupidity.

jimmyb2000

You seem to have had indigestion. Ronaldo is a striker, Lingard is not. Comparing Ronaldo/Messi with other players is sheer stupidity.
Hi, I don't have indigestion but thanks for enquiring.

Ronaldo is not a striker, he's a forward. The point still stands and I've no idea why you included Messi in your statement.

Anyway, as it looks way past your bedtime I'd suggest you enjoy your cup of ovaltine and we can continue this discourse tomorrow.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
20 goals in 7 years for an attacking midfield player is utterly brutal.

Djemba-Djemba

20 league goals in 7 years for an attacking midfielder playing for Man Utd is fecking appalling.

He's scored I believe 3 league goals for us since 2018.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
20 league goals in 7 years for an attacking midfielder playing for Man Utd is fecking appalling.

He scored 7 of those 20 goals between 28 November 2017 and 1 January 2018 - then he had a good spell at West Ham for a short time - what was he doing the rest of the time?

Djemba-Djemba

He scored 7 of those 20 goals between 28 November 2017 and 1 January 2018 - then he had a good spell at West Ham for a short time - what was he doing the rest of the time?
Running around a lot and providing zero quality.

Those stats are amazing, he's basically had two purple patches for a few months at a time and he's made a career from it.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I don't hate Lingard at all. He scored some decent goals for us.
But we need to raise our standards and for that, the lesser squad members need to leave in order to free up wages for other players to come in, who might be better.
Sorry, Jlingz.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

I accept that JLingz was appalling, but what about the people giving him these contracts. I think Matt Judge was the guy and he has now left, thank goodness.
I do hope that going forward, we set standards higher - if a player is not good enough, we either sell or let his contract expire.
Pogba is another one - plays well in about 5 games per season and is either injured or crap for all other matches.

Players of such low quality need to be ejected from the club.

Dempsey19

I check this thread every day to see if he has left yet.

I don't think anybody at the club would notice.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He's probably seen the news about Mbappe having a say in decisions at PSG and will now want the same at Newcastle, no doubt he and his family will think €100m signing on bonus will be decent too.

choccy77

No way he can play today if he is going to West Ham.

His incentive will be Europa League for Hammers.

clarkydaz

Minutes applause before kick off today being mooted. Also Viera would like a custom handshake and pic for insta

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The past paragraph is ironic as that basically describes Lingard.
The irony of the opinion that Lingard is somehow an "average" footballer is how dishonest the discussion is when you factor in that the odds of the 1.5 million youth players in England ever playing a minute for Manchester United is around 1:416 000. By comparison the odds of being struck by lightning in any given year is about 1:500 000

Jesse Lingard may be an average squad player at Manchester United, or any of the champions league level teams in the Premier League, but by any reasonable metric he is one of the very best footballers on the Island when you factor in that as few as 0.01% of people playing football in the UK ever see the inside of a Premier League arena in front of a crowd.

For Lingards case the media attention is more linked to the fact that he is a English player playing in a high profile club, and a national team player, rather than just because he is Jesse Lingard. If he was a non-national team player playing for Middlesbrough, no one would care. The attention is always linked to the profile of the club you play for.

And again, its worth mentioning that Jesse Lingard was the Premier League POTM for April 2021. Which immediately should disprove any notion of him being a poor player in general. At least if you dont have an agenda and get triggered by young people doing things you cant relate to, like dabbing.

Kag

The irony of the opinion that Lingard is somehow an "average" footballer is how dishonest the discussion is when you factor in that the odds of the 1.5 million youth players in England ever playing a minute for Manchester United is around 1:416 000. By comparison the odds of being struck by lightning in any given year is about 1:500 000

Jesse Lingard may be an average squad player at Manchester United, or any of the champions league level teams in the Premier League, but by any reasonable metric he is one of the very best footballers on the Island when you factor in that as few as 0.01% of people playing football in the UK ever see the inside of a Premier League arena in front of a crowd.

For Lingards case the media attention is more linked to the fact that he is a English player playing in a high profile club, and a national team player, rather than just because he is Jesse Lingard. If he was a non-national team player playing for Middlesbrough, no one would care. The attention is always linked to the profile of the club you play for.

And again, its worth mentioning that Jesse Lingard was the Premier League POTM for April 2021. Which immediately should disprove any notion of him being a poor player in general. At least if you dont have an agenda and get triggered by young people doing things you cant relate to, like dabbing.
:lol: You’re Lingard, aren’t you?