Jesse Lingard 'to leave on a free'

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They'd be getting removed from Premier League and Champions League squad registration due to a lack of long term commitment to the club and due to noisy agents unsettling the first team squad. Not for breach of contract. The agent is employed by the player, he can only act on his bosses instruction. A Premier league club can only name a 25 man squad. Players with no commitment to the club should be behind the players who are committed.
Litigate that.
I don't care about the agent and this has nothing to do with agents. You suggested that you would sanction players for no actual reason, now you talk about long term commitment to the club which isn't an offence. And you seemingly don't realize that your suggestion is actually a legal ground for the players to leave for cause, they would be free agents and free to sign for whoever they want sooner.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
No issues with us letting him go for free at the end of the season. He isn't really playing for us, so we shouldn't be looking to extend him. What is annoying though, is not just selling him in the last transfer window. He clearly isn't viewed as a rotation option at best, so if other clubs wanted him we should have let him go and made some money that could be reinvested into more important areas.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That is all Ole’s fault. Keeping him made lots of sense to me as we need squad depth and I felt lingard’s versatility would provide that cover for bruno and the wingers especially after his performance at west ham. Why isn’t ole playing him is beyond any explanation. Why keep him if he wasn’t in his plans? We could have gotten some decent 20-25M from him. Now; a good player is going for free.
Funny how you and me have differing opinions of Lingard staying but both of us equally blame Ole for this shambles.

I'm blaming Ole for apparently convincing Lingard to stay, causing us to miss out on a fee. To make things worse, Ole doesn't even play him!

It's typical Ole incompetency.

GMoore23

I don't care about the agent and this has nothing to do with agents. You suggested that you would sanction players for no actual reason, now you talk about long term commitment to the club which isn't an offence. And you seemingly don't realize that your suggestion is actually a legal ground for the players to leave for cause, they would be free agents and free to sign for whoever they want sooner.
Good Riddance
And Also, you seemingly don't realize that there are ways around everything on this earth. The players wouldn't be "sanctioned for no actual reason"

You don't care about agents and this has nothing to do with agents :lol::lol::lol:. Now your just being ignorant.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It wouldn't be punishment for breaching contract. It would simply be a removal from the Premier League and Champions League squad registration due to no longer being in the managers tactical plans and removed from the first team altogether due to his social media post seriously unsettling the first team squad. ;);)
I don't know if the law is similar in UK, so take my post with a grain of salt please.

In Germany this would not be allowed due to the rights of the player, who is simply an employee. Every employee has the right to get tasks that are in line with his contract, giving him different tasks might need an amendment to the contract. In case of professional football players this was also discussed as such cases happened and it generally comes down to this: A player has the right to be part of training sessions on the level that he signed for. Excluding someone from first team training session without a good cause would therefore be a breach of contract on behalf of the club. Just posting a picture of yourself in a kit of your ex club would not be enough for that.

It might even warrant additional damage payments to the player, as his level will drop due to not being part of team training sessions (therefore lacking tactical sessions etc, that can't be replaced by training on your own).

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No issues with us letting him go for free at the end of the season. He isn't really playing for us, so we shouldn't be looking to extend him. What is annoying though, is not just selling him in the last transfer window. He clearly isn't viewed as a rotation option at best, so if other clubs wanted him we should have let him go and made some money that could be reinvested into more important areas.
Yeah, we should have let him go in the summer. It was clear he'd found his level at West Ham, but Ole persuaded him to stay because he saw him as a vital part of the squad.

Then refused to play him :p

Apparently, Jesse is a little peeved about it. Shocker.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It wouldn't be punishment for breaching contract. It would simply be a removal from the Premier League and Champions League squad registration due to no longer being in the managers tactical plans and removed from the first team altogether due to his social media post seriously unsettling the first team squad. ;);)
It's highly unlikely we'll ever see Jesse play for the club again after this, if that's what you're asking.

Godfather

Who cares. Should have been sold last summer but us acting slow and too late is nothing new

Beagle

I find it hard to understand how a poor team like United can't find use for arguably one of the better players from the second half of last season.

I haven't watched us play enough this season to know but Lingard's form must have fallen off a cliff from that West Ham loan to not be able to get some games in this team. In that case it's good to let him go and hopefully he can land a Premier League club.

JPRouve

Scout
Good Riddance
And Also, you seemingly don't realize that there are ways around everything on this earth. The players wouldn't be "sanctioned for no actual reason"

You don't care about agents and this has nothing to do with agents :lol::lol::lol:. Now your just being ignorant.
How am I being ignorant. The situation is fairly simple and known by everyone the moment the contract is signed, if a player signs a 5 years contract, the club legally expect the player to be their employee for 5 years. A club has no legal, moral or reasonable reason to expect anything else and they have no right to expect a transfer fee at any point.

And while I know that there are ways around may things, there are no legal ways around everything, what you are suggesting is illegal. No amount of emoticons or acting tough will change that, it's also immoral and demonstrates low integrity.

Finally it's important to keep in mind that the logic of transfers in Football is an oddity in professional sport, the norm in most sport is free agency where athletes fulfill their contracts and leave free at the end.

GMoore23

I don't know if the law is similar in UK, so take my post with a grain of salt please.

In Germany this would not be allowed due to the rights of the player, who is simply an employee. Every employee has the right to get tasks that are in line with his contract, giving him different tasks might need an amendment to the contract. In case of professional football players this was also discussed as such cases happened and it generally comes down to this: A player has the right to be part of training sessions on the level that he signed for. Excluding someone from first team training session without a good cause would therefore be a breach of contract on behalf of the club. Just posting a picture of yourself in a kit of your ex club would not be enough for that.

It might even warrant additional damage payments to the player, as his level will drop due to not being part of team training sessions (therefore lacking tactical sessions etc, that can't be replaced by training on your own).
Well, I don't know how it is in Germany, but in the UK that is a massive no no. It's highly provocative :nono::nono:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If you think Ole saying in the press Jesse has a part to play before the season was anything other than talking the player up akin to what he did with Sanchez before he went to Inter permanently I don't know what to tell you.

I'd be surprised if Ole has that much a say in transfers out I'd say Jesse, Bailly, Jones and others he'd be open for them to leave but the club want to protect value in the market for some reason I'd guess balance sheets for investor calls won't look good writing off millions in assets.
Exactly. Ole never writes a player off as being out of the picture. Sanchez, Lukaku and probably a couple of others.

GMoore23

How am I being ignorant. The situation is fairly simple and known by everyone the moment the contract is signed, if a player signs a 5 years contract, the club legally expect the player to be their employee for 5 years. A club has no legal, moral or reasonable reason to expect anything else and they have no right to expect a transfer fee at any point.

And while I know that there are ways around may things, there are no legal ways around everything, what you are suggesting is illegal. No amount of emoticons or acting tough will change that, it's also immoral and demonstrates low integrity.

Finally it's important to keep in mind that the logic of transfers in Football is an oddity in professional sport, the norm in most sport is free agency where athletes fulfill their contracts and leave free at the end.
Acting Tough??

Matriac

People are blowing the instagram thing way out of proportion.

It was West Ham who posted about him since they are away to Wolves today, and last season Lingard scored a great goal for them at Molineux.

It has a picture showing first before the video of his goal since that way performs better on social media algorithms (you can see them use the same format on most of their posts).

Then all he did was reshare that post to his Instagram Story (only up for 24h). It's pretty normal to do when other big accounts posts flattering stuff of you. Cross-promotion. Probably didn't put a lot of thought into it.

If West Ham hadn't made that post yesterday he wouldn't have shared that photo of himself.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don’t mind Jesse, good player but he’s a man child. I think it’s the same with Pogba. I really feel like we need much less of that dynamic if we want to become a serious force again but it’s all semantics when the glazers don’t know how to run a club well or when to turn a squad over. Death by a thousand cuts supporting us with them in charge.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Well, that's why I was very disappointed that we didn't sell some of our players because we have too many. We could make 3 teams in our attack with what we are currently have.
Rashford Ronaldo Sancho Bruno
Lingard Cavani Greenwood Donny
Diallo Martial Elanga Mata

Although, I wanted Lingard to stay and that's why I prefer us to let go both Donny and Martial. Lingard should have started vs Everton instead of Martial despite of Martial scored in that game but he did feck all in that game.

Redfrog

The more shocking part, if the reports are true is that Ole decided Lingard was going to be a part of the team early in the transfer window knowing well that he had Donny, Mata, Amad and was about to sign Sancho.
Ole thinks every player like to sit on the bench, like he did…

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Yeah, we should have let him go in the summer. It was clear he'd found his level at West Ham, but Ole persuaded him to stay because he saw him as a vital part of the squad.

Then refused to play him :p

Apparently, Jesse is a little peeved about it. Shocker.
Yep, zero surprise that the player who left on loan to get game time isn't going to be happy coming back to sit on the bench and not play again.

JPRouve

Scout
Acting Tough??
Well you said that Ole and I were too soft since we disagree with your stance. Which presumably means that your stance is supposed to be tougher.

Redfrog

I find it hard to understand how a poor team like United can't find use for arguably one of the better players from the second half of last season.

I haven't watched us play enough this season to know but Lingard's form must have fallen off a cliff from that West Ham loan to not be able to get some games in this team. In that case it's good to let him go and hopefully he can land a Premier League club.
To be honest, Lingard was decisive from the bench this season and it would have warranted a few starts at least.
I get him being p*ssed not getting his chance in an underperforming team under a clueless manager while he stayed at the club this season…

By the way, good for you that you didn’t watch us much this season as it’s so depressing…

JPRouve

Scout
To be honest, Lingard was decisive from the bench this season and it would have warranted a few starts at least.
I get him being p*ssed not getting his chance in an underperforming team under a clueless manager while he stayed at the club this season…
Assuming that he was open to a transfer but was convinced to stay. There is actually several issues with his current situation, a competitor will be upset to not play, a professional will be upset to potentially lose value for his next contract and I hope that the club didn't make him believe that they were going to offer him an extension.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
it’s not at all, united is a dying, sinking ship. If I’m a footballer I don’t want to come here at all.
I'm sure if you are a footballer you would pick West Ham over ManUtd. Cool story.

TheMitz

Posing in a West ham shirt sums up his mentality. Shouldn't play for us again if that's how he feels.

Name Changed

weso26
I don't understand why we just didn't take whatever we could have got for him in the Summer. What was the point in keeping him when he wasn't going to play anyway. For him, it's a waste of a season when he should be in his prime.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Yeah and for someone like Nick Powell, it's Stoke City. So?
Why are you bringing up nick Powell? this is a lingard thread. Lingard playing for West Ham is far more appealing than staying at united and doing feck all. If you’re a footballer in lingards situation you’d be out of this dead club as fast as possible.

R'hllor

Only way we can get rid of someone is that player runs his contract down with rejecting our contract extension offer that shouldnt exist on the first place.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Why are you bringing up nick Powell? this is a lingard thread. Lingard playing for West Ham is far more appealing than staying at united and doing feck all. If you’re a footballer in lingards situation you’d be out of this dead club as fast as possible.
Yeah because he isn't good enough for ManUtd.

stevoc

He may well have wanted to run down his contract and could do that quietly but the selfie tells me there is more to it. Club should have managed this better.
You could say that about pretty much everything at the minute.

OleTheGreat

Sorry to say but this smacks of the notion from some fans that Man Utd are some holy grail club. We are not any more. You are talking about a West Ham side under Man Utd reject David Moyes that are six points ahead of us in the Premiership, beat Liverpool while we got slaughtered, and look more likely to finish top 4 than we are. He walks into the West Ham side. He did last season. They love him. And they are a better side currently than we are.
Come on.. Leicester once won the League and we haven't since 2012. That doesn't mean Claudio is a good coach or that Leicester is a better club than United. West Ham have been playing good football lately and for your information they didn't outright win the game against Liverpool. Liverpool missed plenty of chances which inevitably led to that result. I understand that its not all well and good at United right now but we are a much bigger club than Liverpool let alone West Ham in the Premier League era. We will definitely hire a coach who will play possession based football and Lingard is no fit for that in every sense.

Nikelesh Reddy

So while we all look forward to seeing £90m Paul Pogba leave Old Trafford on a free now, according to Sky Sports News talks between Jesse Lingard and Man Utd have collapsed and he will now look to leave the club on a free transfer in the summer - and may even look for a loan switch in January, similar to the move he made last season to West Ham.

The 28-year-old's present deal expires next summer and United hoped to extend the England midfielder's time at Old Trafford following a successful loan spell at West Ham in the second half of last season.

Lingard opted to stay at Manchester United this season even though it is claimed six clubs asked about his services, believing manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would provide him with more game time.

But unbelievably in my view, that game time has not happened, despite Bruno being out of form in certain games.

Meanwhile Ole remains manager of the club after a series of diabolical results.

Our club is a shambles. A total, utter shambles.
Lingards had loads of chances at this club and he’s failed miserably.He’s not good enough to play at the highest level,I think he actually found his level at West Ham.I wouldn’t feel too sorry if he left to be honest,but obviously it would be silly to lose another player on a free transfer…

OleGunnar20

Hung around for far too long, the definition of our sad decline into the average. Not his fault of course, always seemed to do his best.

See ya later Jesse. Best of luck.

Kostov

Let's hope he is true to his will and leaves as soon as possible, there is some idiot in the club already composing a new 150k a week contract as we speak.

stevoc

Let's hope he is true to his will and leaves as soon as possible, there is some idiot in the club already composing a new 150k a week contract as we speak.
If we hire an interim manager the club will inevitably renew contracts of some fringe players to preserve value just in case the next permanent manager would have wanted to keep those players.

TheMitz

After posing in a West Ham shirt shouldn't be anywhere near playing or even training with the first team.