Jesse Lingard 'to leave on a free'

bringbackbebe

In spite of how things have panned out over the last few years, I wish him the best of luck in progressing his career elsewhere. That said, we should have made a decision to get rid of him a couple of years back and the mistake is entirely ours letting a rotten apple rot further. Lingard in his mind thinks he's comparable to some of the greats that played in the past few decades. Glad Rangnick showed him his place.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

The less stroppy adolescents we have in this squad the better.

Becks00

This guy absolutely needs to leave the club. Making way too much fuss for a player of his quality. If this were peak Ronaldo, Rooney or even DDG I would understand but not Jesse fecking Lingard. He seem to think he is more than a body for the squad. All this noise for someone who should have been booted out of the club 5 years ago.

mikeyt

Can we just stop talking about this, it's really not worth the attention which is exactly what Lingard wants and craves. He's going, we're happy, he's not, close the door on the way out and let's all move on to better things.

m1tch

His tell-all interview with one of the rags this summer will be highly amusing.
Yeah can't wait for it ...
"Ole didn't speak to me for 2 years."
"Rangnick didn't speak to me in 6 months."
"Cliques in dressing room."
"Promises not kept."
"Always gave 110% for the club and the fans."
"I could say more but I love the club too much and hope they succeed in the future, I've a lot of friends there still."

NotQuiteManc

"Promises not kept."
"I could say more but I love the club too much and hope they succeed in the future, I've a lot of friends there still."
Let's call "Beans Beans Bingo" card for the upcoming summer.

crossy1686

career ending
"Promises not kept."
It’s going to be like when Moyes left and all he did was talk about United for 3 years

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
When Lingard eventually moves on I wonder how he will look back? "A couple of medals here and there as a squad player, one nice WC and a great spell at WHU, a wad of cash but not enough games. Ended badly with no send off".

He must be gutted deep down.
Gutted? For the last 5 years all he's cared about was his social media and his jlingz shit clothes collection. The only thing he's gutted about is not being able to put his name against the clubs brand anymore. He's lead a life waaaay above his station and its only thanks to SAF retiring that he wasn't fecked off years ago. He's going to look back on his career and think, how did I get away with that?

studs

Feck him, he can go and pop his beans somewhere else and stink out the place.

Suedesi

The amount of press coverage this is getting is so weird. I don't understand why his PR team are working so hard. It's actually hurting his image if anything.
It’s genuinely odd. With all the news being released, you’d think that prime Ronaldo was leaving not some overpaid benchwarmer.

BarstoolProphet

Sad the way cnuts on this site have turned on him, not the ones that were always against him, the others that have just gone along with the current narrative. I'm so close to just dropping this site...
:lol:

Yeah, like your defence of Lingard wasn't suspicious before.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Incredibly unfair to lump those players in together. Some have FAR more serious issues than others.
none of them is fit to play with United and these are the finest of the lot.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It happens everywhere, we just focus on it because it happens at our favorite club.

Young players get a million Instagram followers before their first official game, girls throwing themselves at them, earning shitload of money and are adored by millions. You have to be a well-balanced guy to not let that get to you. They live in a bubble, in a fairy tale world, very far from reality.
Then maybe its time United tackles it. In Italy most kids are not allowed to wear their main team's shirt up until they are proven themselves. Most are sent on loan to clubs were they can make their bones away from the limelight. Of course these are trusted clubs who will do their outmost in developing players (ex clubs like Parma for example). Maybe we can do something similar

romufc

Lingard is a good player.
How his situation was handled is a reflection of how things have been done at the club.
He was given false promises.
Two windows and he was not sold.

I wish him well.
So all this is only a reflection on the club but not him?

Its funny how you say false promises, but this is Manutd, no player is guaranteed certain amount of playing time. If you play well, more chance you play, its that simple.

Also, its very naive of you and Lingard to talk about false promises, in his time at the club, he has never nailed down a starting spot, he went 1 year without a goal and assist whilst being played. All of a sudden Ole told him he will get game time, he thinks what he will be a starter? On what basis.

West Ham offered a crappy sum and signed a player for £25m in Vlasic, so clearly they didn't want him that badly.

He then also chose to stay because okay he got false promises but that was not the only reason, West Ham not being able to offer him the salary, Ronaldo coming back and he wanted to play with him and Sancho at the club, for Lingard it was vibes.

Come January window, the club said they won't sell him to West Ham because they are fighting top 4 with United, he didnt want to go to Newcastle on a permanent because they were in a relegation battle, he wanted a loan.

Why would a club send a player on loan with 6 months left? when they loaned Martial and Greenwood moved mad.

Then he twerks for West Ham on his Insta whilst playing for Manutd, his brother says he is imprisonment at United whilst he is on a 5 star holiday in Dubai.

When he was given chances this season, he took none of them.

But yeah the club treated him badly. What about the disrespect he has?

Then his brother decides to talk about the Glazers and the board? Where was he when we were protesting?
I know banking his 100k a week wage.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

Hopefully Ten Hag gets here a few weeks before Lingard is out of contract, just so he can tell him to feck off, that or try talking to him, see if bitch boy has the balls to get fined his last couple of wage packets.

Good luck to whichever club signs this clown, hopefully he leaves the league, not because I think he'll perform against us, but I just can't stand his face.

SAFMUTD

Who the feck cares if he's been mistreated or not, if he will or won't talk to Ten Hag....ffs is Lingard we are talking about an average player at best. Good luck and feck off.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think this shows exactly why we need to stop with over glorfying our academy players and 'home grown' stars.

We just give them too much, they feel invincible and like they have a god given right to be at the club. No matter what their performances are like.

Does Jesse forget the whole reason he got to this situation was because he was absolutely rubbish for around 2 years?

He went on loan and did well, but he couldn't continue that form again. He spend the last year trying to leave, now he's crying that he didn't get a good send off?

Just because they came through the academy should mean it matters more to them, not that they get a free ride and protection forever.

Idxomer

He's been doing this sort of shit for years.

I remember when he was on that run of over a year without a goal or assist and playing like utter dogshit. Then we beat Spurs and City one after the other and Lingard played ok in both games, he wasn't great and he didn't score or assist anything but he was at least competent in both games.

First thing he did was go out and do a big PR tour giving interviews about how he'd had personal issues but he was over them now and he was back to "the old Jesse" and he was ready to go on a great run of form and blah blah blah.

Next game was against Everton I believe and he was absolutely fecking atrocious, and it ended up taking him I think another 4 or 5 months to score or assist.
Yep, also did this a couple of days after scoring against Leicester in 2020 his first goal of the season which wasn't over at that point. The guy has no shame.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
So all this is only a reflection on the club but not him?

Its funny how you say false promises, but this is Manutd, no player is guaranteed certain amount of playing time. If you play well, more chance you play, its that simple.

Also, its very naive of you and Lingard to talk about false promises, in his time at the club, he has never nailed down a starting spot, he went 1 year without a goal and assist whilst being played. All of a sudden Ole told him he will get game time, he thinks what he will be a starter? On what basis.

West Ham offered a crappy sum and signed a player for £25m in Vlasic, so clearly they didn't want him that badly.

He then also chose to stay because okay he got false promises but that was not the only reason, West Ham not being able to offer him the salary, Ronaldo coming back and he wanted to play with him and Sancho at the club, for Lingard it was vibes.

Come January window, the club said they won't sell him to West Ham because they are fighting top 4 with United, he didnt want to go to Newcastle on a permanent because they were in a relegation battle, he wanted a loan.

Why would a club send a player on loan with 6 months left? when they loaned Martial and Greenwood moved mad.

Then he twerks for West Ham on his Insta whilst playing for Manutd, his brother says he is imprisonment at United whilst he is on a 5 star holiday in Dubai.

When he was given chances this season, he took none of them.

But yeah the club treated him badly. What about the disrespect he has?

Then his brother decides to talk about the Glazers and the board? Where was he when we were protesting?
I know banking his 100k a week wage.
He did well at West Ham.
Why not sell a player we did not want, for whatever they offered in the summer?

The key is we had an idiot manager who did not know what he was doing.

romufc

He did well at West Ham.
Why not sell a player we did not want, for whatever they offered in the summer?

The key is we had an idiot manager who did not know what he was doing.
I mean he could have gone to West Ham and said you need to up the bid, players do this when they want to leave.

Its all well and good blaming Ole but if West Ham are going to offer £8m and you say £15m, then its their loss if they dont want him.

I mean the manager you call "idiot" got us 2nd place so clearly he wasnt as clueless as you make it out.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I mean he could have gone to West Ham and said you need to up the bid, players do this when they want to leave.

Its all well and good blaming Ole but if West Ham are going to offer £8m and you say £15m, then its their loss if they dont want him.

I mean the manager you call "idiot" got us 2nd place so clearly he wasnt as clueless as you make it out.
West Ham wanted him and he would have gone. The final amount is all a matter of negotiation.

As to Ole being give a 3 year contract for finishing 2nd is the idiocy of Woodward.
How we went out of the CL and lost the UEFA Final were red flags.
The way the new season unraveled confirmed how unprepared Ole was. Without going into his moral bankruptcy of not resigning after been humiliated 5-0 by our bitter rivals.

stevoc

Just underlines how shockingly bad the decisions at the top have been.

After his spell at West Ham his stock was sky high. Could've easily have gotten £20m-£40m. But no, we decided to see out his contact, costing £xm, and then allow him to leave for free.

They've done the exact same thing with Pogba.

It's bizarre. I mean, I understand that the people making the decisions aren't football people, but this was purely a business decision. Do these people have a brain?
No one made a bid anywhere near £40m for him. I suspect had a club made an offer over £30m he would have went last summer.

romufc

West Ham wanted him and he would have gone. The final amount is all a matter of negotiation.

As to Ole being give a 3 year contract for finishing 2nd is the idiocy of Woodward.
How we went out of the CL and lost the UEFA Final were red flags.
The way the new season unraveled confirmed how unprepared Ole was. Without going into his moral bankruptcy of not resigning after been humiliated 5-0 by our bitter rivals.
Clearly West Ham didn't think he was worth the money. They spend £25m on Vlasic but couldn't spend £15m on Lingard, also they couldn't afford his wages, which is why when he was on loan we paid part of the wages.

When a club wants a player, they pay the money, Liverpool with VVD, United with numerous players, Chelsea, the list goes on and on.

Anyway, he is not a very professional player with no respect anyway.

Yes, Ole must have given himself a 3 year deal.