Jesse Lingard will have an excellent season | Discuss in his player performance thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I still don't know how Ole thought that having McTominay and Lingard as part of your first 11 this season was a good idea.

They're League 1 level at best.

MrBrightside1989

Very ineffective again today. Find it astonishing he is our first choice number 10. He would be a decent squad player but lacks goals and a final pass.

Chairman Steve

He fluffed chance after chance for me. Forgivable if you’re a young player but he’s one of our long standing players now.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He’s still young, give him time

Andersons Dietician

He was terrible tonight. Running in to positions where people can’t get the ball to him (worldclass movement and all) even worse when he does get in a position where someone can get a ball to him it has to be fired in and his touch is like Lukaku has stumbled out of a pub and someone’s smashed the ball to him. Then he does the same thing over and over again. Turns out then cuts back and we lose all momentum. Game after game after game this happens. Dilly dallying on the ball too long when he should be releasing it and generally just being crap.

vidic blood & sand

I was going to do a "101 uses for a Jesse Lingard" thread, but it would have been locked within a minute.
I think it is how a lot of us feel though. There'll still be die hard Lingard lovers here defending the work he does off the ball. Thing is, the supporters do a lot of good work off the ball.

minoo-utd

Believe me we deserve much much better than that Lingard. Also Mctominay and Pereira they are not the names that can be trusted at our squad. My poor opinion we are lowing our standards here having players like these as first choices most of times.

DickDastardly

We should replace him in the winter window.

Maddison would be loads productive.

Eriksen would be great.

Out our own....we don't have a lot of options.
Mata. Or Gomes. Or Pogba in advanced position, but that didn't work out great either.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
On the bright side, his goal celebration when/if he scores next will be next level having had so much time to perfect it.

I'm expecting fireworks and gogo girls.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Local lad la! Would this fecker survive this long if he wasn't from the academy?

Bestofthebest

Don't know about him having an excellent season I would like him to have an excellent game first. Just don't know what the hell he thinks he is doing when he is on the pitch. Has a brainfart when he gets a chance in front of goal. Need to dump him asap. but nobody will want him. Give Gomez a chance.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Gomes must watch this and wonder what the hell he has to do to get some minutes. I mean, the player occupying his position has a grand total of zero goals or assists this entire fecking year. What is there to lose by just playing Gomes?

It must be similar to what Pogba felt when he saw Rafael and Park attempting to resemble central midfielders.

Woeisme

Hard to fathom that Ole and the utd board did not believe that there was a single attacking midfielder in the entire world that we could aquire in the transfer window that was better than Jlingo.

Schoking the difference between his contribution for us tonight, and Madisons for Leicester yesterday

Kopral Jono

I still don't know how Ole thought that having McTominay and Lingard as part of your first 11 this season was a good idea.

Really? I'm no fan of McTominay, I can't stand Lingard and everyone is entitled to their own opinion and all that stuff, but one thing I know for sure is that they aren't League-One-level-at-best players.

Lee565

Still dont get the logic where it's more beneficial that Ole would rather have lingard in our line up over eriksen because they sensed we weren't his first choice club when the reality is most players want to play in Spain for either Barcelona or Madrid, like he would have even downed tools had he come here as he's always come across as a model professional

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He was terrible tonight. Running in to positions where people can’t get the ball to him (worldclass movement and all) even worse when he does get in a position where someone can get a ball to him it has to be fired in and his touch is like Lukaku has stumbled out of a pub and someone’s smashed the ball to him. Then he does the same thing over and over again. Turns out then cuts back and we lose all momentum. Game after game after game this happens. Dilly dallying on the ball too long when he should be releasing it and generally just being crap.
That right there is his lack of ability. It's not like he's selfish or anything, it's just that he lack that final ball or confidence to even attempt it let alone pull it off.

When you watch the game on TV and see him get the ball in good positions and turn while we're either in transition or just somehow found a pocket of space, you're thinking the pass is so obvious and quite frankly quite simple because you see above average attacking midfielders in those positions just slip a through ball to his running striker.

That doesn't happen with Lingard. He gets the ball in a dangerous area while we're breaking, space in front of him and he turns. The you have Martial or Rashford making the run. The pass becomes so obvious, just put in a though ball, that's what you see any other above average attacking player do in those situation. But that's not the case with lingard because he's so poor at the final ball that he'd rather break that move and lose that opportunity by either passing it sideways or his favorite which is going backward and leave that creative responsibility to anyone else.

This is why the man has no goals or assists to his name in over 9 months. Tragic stuff.

Pavl3n

Journos ask all these sophisticated questions to the managers. When will somebody ask about Lingard's contribution?
The guy is so untalented. Cost us points today.

Stadjer

On the bright side, his goal celebration when/if he scores next will be next level having had so much time to perfect it.

I'm expecting fireworks and gogo girls.
Not an easy life for Lingard. I am sure he has a lot of ways to celebrate goals. Different dances and ways to show the iconic Jlingz celebration to the world... just not the goals to actually show the celebrations. He could have scored today but bottled it by trying to shoot with his knee. Poor guy.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Yes. We need to stop obsessing with the British core nonsense and focus more technique and quality.

NoPace

You can't fault he's work rate and pressing game, he has the right attitude what Ole is looking for, but when it comes to technical ability we can do much better in the position he's playing in. On the right he always comes inside so we literally have no one there apart from AWB but then that will leave us open at the back and we will be caught out. As a #10 he can do a job but I'd rather play Mata there to be honest instead of him.
Yeah. He can be a 6.5/10 for us in wide open games but I think he's honestly a 4/10 or so against teams sitting back. Should never have started today, or against teams playing on the counter against us like Burnley, Bournemouth, Sheffield.

I'm fully expecting some smarter managers to park the bus against us once they realize we have no solutions to deal with that.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
When I see him put on a United shirt it truly makes me believe I still have time to be a professional football player. Still beyond me how he is at Manchester United and not in the Championship.

Velvet Revolver

I am no fan of Lingard and he stank up the place but he is not a #10. In fact I am not sure what his position is. A #10 needs to have a creative mind and and eye for a pass , you can fail but when it’s a successful one it will be the difference in winning va losing. This guy doesn’t do any of these but just runs!

MaREDcus

Some idiot in the Jesse performance thread tried telling me he's a decent number 10. Food for thought, Benjamin Mendy had more assists than this guy last season, and Mendy was injured for the vast majority of it!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Some idiot in the Jesse performance thread tried telling me he's a decent number 10. Food for thought, Benjamin Mendy had more assists than this guy last season, and Mendy was injured for the vast majority of it!
:lol::lol: sigh

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Will probably have a good game against Palace at the weekend and it will buy him another season. He is woeful :lol:.
If he starts vs Palace Ole is a clown. At this point Ole is better off starting Mata

Tarrou

Still dont get the logic where it's more beneficial that Ole would rather have lingard in our line up over eriksen because they sensed we weren't his first choice club when the reality is most players want to play in Spain for either Barcelona or Madrid, like he would have even downed tools had he come here as he's always come across as a model professional
has anyone actually said this?

Greck

If he starts vs Palace Ole is a clown. At this point Ole is better off starting Mata
Sadly I'm not sure Mata made a good stake for it when he came on. Minute by minute, pound for pound he might have been just as mediocre

Status
Not open for further replies.