João Palhinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I hope it is not true but with the emergence of 20 year old Manuel Ugarte and still having 17 year old Dario Essugo in the mix if we have To make the sale he makes the most sense.

Gutted if he left though.
How's the played this year? I rate him so highly from the times I have seen him, but I worry that he wouldn't bed well into the side - Portugal national team look quite disjointed with Palhinha, CR7 and Bruno on the pitch at the same time.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
How's the played this year? I rate him so highly from the times I have seen him, but I worry that he wouldn't bed well into the side - Portugal national team look quite disjointed with Palhinha, CR7 and Bruno on the pitch at the same time.
He’s been off form last couple of games as he just got back into the team after a slight injury. Now with trade rumors as well.

Sporting VS Benfica in the League cup final this Saturday for those who want to tune in.

jeepers

I hope it is not true but with the emergence of 20 year old Manuel Ugarte and still having 17 year old Dario Essugo in the mix if we have To make the sale he makes the most sense.

Gutted if he left though.
So what you're saying is that United should buy them three. Loan Ugarte back for one more season, and have a first option in place for Essugo. Interesting.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
At this point in time I will take anyone. Don't know who he is, get this man a contract.
I'm a fan of the guy, proper old school DM but also quite skilful on the ball. For €30m it would be a great signing that suits all parties I would think.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Did he play yesterday in the 5-0 loss to City and if so How was he?

NoPace

Watched the first 35-40 until it got to 3-0 and turned it off. He wasn't bad bad, kinda looks like Matic in that you wish he was faster but he's a solid holding 6. Bit lazy on one of the goals. Didn't look like the solution for us but a solid #6 and certainly better than McTominay.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Watched the first 35-40 until it got to 3-0 and turned it off. He wasn't bad bad, kinda looks like Matic in that you wish he was faster but he's a solid holding 6. Bit lazy on one of the goals. Didn't look like the solution for us but a solid #6 and certainly better than McTominay.
No more big lumbering giants please I beg, we've got enough of those already.

Devil may care

Someone in the match day thread said City were struggling, then I saw the score. :lol: City had Bernardo Silva and De Bruyne as their #8's with Foden dropping in as a false 9, that's a nightmare combination for a big, not particularly mobile DM like Palhinha.

Classical Mechanic

Someone in the match day thread said City were struggling, then I saw the score. :lol: City had Bernardo Silva and De Bruyne as their #8's with Foden dropping in as a false 9, that's a nightmare combination for a big, not particularly mobile DM like Palhinha.
Sporting did OK for about 10 minutes then fell apart. The only Sporting player that caught the eye was Nunes who can turn very well with the ball and looked technically gifted.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Sporting did OK for about 10 minutes then fell apart. The only Sporting player that caught the eye was Nunes who can turn very well with the ball and looked technically gifted.
Looks like Guardiola already has his eyes on him after his comments last night.

Matheus Nunes has raw ability, very talented Box to box player.

Dolf

I really really really think we should go for this guy in the summer. He's not going to be crazy expensive like Rice so we can still strengthen other positions.

RopersReturn

If there was one purchase that takes priority this summer, then it’s finding a world class cdm, and that player is Joào Palhina.

Corridor of Uncertainty

How does he compare to Matic?

One thing I've really noticed when he's played for us over the last few weeks, we look a lot more structured when he's in the team. He makes himself available, he uses the ball well and you sense he has a clear picture in his head of everything that is going on around him.

Palhinha always stuck me as more of a destroyer in that role rather than someone that's going to get our play moving, this not the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.