João Palhinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon S

He really is key to Fulhams game. He is everywhere in that midfield and winning duels.
Thought it was odd he ended up at Fulham, he seemed tailor made for the PL.

SoCross

Another game raising cnut having the game of his life against us to return to mediocrity the next week.
He's been very good this season for Fulham. Arguably after Mitrovic, their most influential player. My concern prior to this season was that he maybe a bit one paced. But having someone like him sit and protect the defence, he can certainly fill a role in our squad because we don't have anyone capable of playing this role other than Casemiro.

RopersReturn

Palhinha is exceptionally talented. He was a pre-season target for us as I recall, shame we didn’t secure his services because he’d have fitted in nicely.

NoPace

I dont know. Lot many players play out of skin against bigger teams. Especially who play in DM positions.

He was brilliant today but even Casemiro is criticized for his ball playing skills in our team. So not sure he has that ability to do some passing from deep.
From what I've seen he's a very good player but nothing special as a passer. The difference in top players is big and Casemiro is better, but also 3 years older.

Kostov

He is a top top player, whenever I've seen him he stands out. Someone mentioned him here about 2-3 years ago when we signed Bruno, we could have gotten him for peanuts.

pascell

Can see Chelsea or Arsenal looking at him in summer, he's been fantastic for a few seasons now since I've watched him.

€20m is a bargain, great business by Fulham.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Reminded me of Ndidi pre-injury. Clean tackling and insane stamina. Not sure how good he is on the ball, mind…

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Declan Rice has posters of him on his wall.

justsomebloke

Ralf Rangnick recommended him. Maybe that's why we weren't interested. In any case, RR was obviously right.

Superden

very impressive at ball winning, theres been lots of rave reviews about him all season. would be a good kante replacement at chelsea. and would be a very effective foil for the other bruno at newcastle... for us, wouldnt work with Casimero next to him, and i doubt hed be wanting to come as an understudy.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He would have been a good squad player for us at 20m but that ship has sailed.

LuckyScout78

The unknown son of Roy Keane = joking . From the first day i discovered him. The passion, the guts, engine and tackling. He got is from his dad.

Joking. But it was Roy Keane name it pop up on my head. Association i got. From the first moments i saw him.

I am glad McTerminator didn't start the game.

McTerminator vs Roy Keane unknown son = It will smell and bang so loud you can head miles away.

McTom and Palhinha are 2 players that will not hold it back. They goes into tackling 100 %. So imagine a 50 50 situation with those 2 players. It will bangs. Big bangs.

So those 2 players have always known for those abilities. Warriors and top fighters.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Looked great in the Euros, never understood why bigger teams didn't go for him. Arsenal certainly could have used him.

MadMike

Looked great in the Euros, never understood why bigger teams didn't go for him. Arsenal certainly could have used him.
If I recall there were worries about his mobility and his playmaking skills.

And to be fair, bigger clubs don't just want destroyers. They want people that can dictate play to some extent, since they dominate most games. Partey and Xhaka does that for you.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying he is a pure destroyer. I'm saying that's some the criticism that was levelled at him. I haven't watched him enough for Fulham to tell you if he's outgrown that typecasting of his.

Vapor trail

Surprised there's not much mention on here he's been really consistent this season. A massive reason why Fulham are above the likes of Chelsea / Liverpool.

Blood Mage

Would be an amazing backup for Casemiro but I'm not sure he'd be content sitting on our bench when he's good enough to start for us. But him and Casemiro playing together would be too negative.

Top player. When Casemiro slows down/needs rotating he would be perfect. He’s much better on the ball than people think, too.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This guy knows ball. Replace McTominay with him.

justboy68

Would be great cover for Case, but doubt he wants to be backup even here, probably can be a starter somewhere soon.

Superunknown

I like this guy. Buy! Any chance he's got a sexy, younger brother who plays up front?

Edit: Will also take distant cousin or uncle.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah it was clear when he played for Portugal in the Euro's a couple of years ago that he was a very good DM. Funny how so many clubs always underestimate the importance of a quality DM.

ti vu

A mystery why he went to Fulham so cheap. I am afraid this ship has sailed for us. He would cost more now with PL proven stamp. And he may prefer to be a starter no 6 than just a back up. Two no6 however is too overkill. Both Casemiro and him is not expansive passer enough to play together.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Given the rate of Casemiros red cards , they will actually share minutes. Sign him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.