Joško Gvardiol | extends his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He is not lb. That was bs decision from our coach. Now he plays cb in NT too.
On cb he is really top prospect. Modern and complete central defender.
Fair enough! Only heard good things it was just funny during the euros I never heard of him but thought he looked awful, so was funny hearing all this hype.

Ekeke

He makes mistakes fairly often but he has pace, power and vert comfortable on the ball as well as wanting to go in and make challenges and looking like he wants to defend. Huge potential as long as he can reduce the mistakes over time as he gets more mature

Kingslayer18

He would be my top choice for a left CB, considering we are crying out for one.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Meh, still massively unconvinced by this guy.
Still young enough to improve but is prone to mistakes and for me is no better than what we have at the club already.

Real Name

Massive, massive talent, can play across the defensive line, even as a defensive midfielder. Fantastic at reading the game, heading and has a good step on him, can be in the attack in about 6, 7 moves. Good pass on him too.
Lets not judge him on Euros, he had a bad tournament, Dalić threw him out there without a game before or one game which was crazy, but he's really good at Red Bull. Our biggest talent in defence since forever I think.

pascell

Meh, still massively unconvinced by this guy.
Still young enough to improve but is prone to mistakes and for me is no better than what we have at the club already.
What youngster isn't prone to a mistake? It's best them making the mistake at his age and learning from them now, rather than not and still making them later in his career.

Champ

What youngster isn't prone to a mistake? It's best them making the mistake at his age and learning from them now, rather than not and still making them later in his career.
Yes, I agree with that, but United do not need a youngster making mistakes at the back right now, we need a steady player to play alongside Maguire/Varane.

Kostov

Yes, I agree with that, but United do not need a youngster making mistakes at the back right now, we need a steady player to play alongside Maguire/Varane.
There is really not an age mark where defenders stop making mistakes. Sergio Ramos made mistakes till his last day, Rudiger was a disaster waiting to happen until 2 years ago, Dias was also error prone at Benfica if I remember correctly. We should really look to find the right profile of defender, the errors will eradicate once we implement a proper defensive system with a working midfield in front. Gvardiol looks like a proper CB and would do nicely imo.

Champ

There is really not an age mark where defenders stop making mistakes. Sergio Ramos made mistakes till his last day, Rudiger was a disaster waiting to happen until 2 years ago, Dias was also error prone at Benfica if I remember correctly. We should really look to find the right profile of defender, the errors will eradicate once we implement a proper defensive system with a working midfield in front. Gvardiol looks like a proper CB and would do nicely imo.
Is he better than what we have though?

I don't think so personally.

Kostov

Well that's the point, sometimes you need to take the risk. City bought Dias when they had Laporte and Stones, it paid off, same is happening with Konate it seems.

Blood Mage

This guy is probably a bit out of our league right now. He'll be the best CB in the world in a couple of years.

Real Name

Is he better than AWB and Dalot? Definitely.
One would argue he's better than Jones, Bailly and even Lindelof.
He can play as both CB and RB.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
If Spurs can't get Bastoni, then Gvardiol might be plan B according to some reports .... in which case Perisic, as a fellow Croatian, might be a useful aid to recruitment.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Some resident cafe members really sing this guy's praise, has ne semi hyped about him.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I think it would be pretty crazy to bring him to the PL and expect him to slot right into the starting XI for a big club, especially for a club that is playing four at the back. He is 20 years old, has only one year of experience playing outside Croatia, and doesn't seem like he has ever played regularly in a back four against high levels of competition. If a club thinks he is a big prospect I can see buying him and trying to integrate him slowly over the course of a season, like Liverpool did with Konate this year (who was at RBL for four years, rather than one). Maybe that would be a viable plan for United and ETH, I don't know. But I can't see how he makes much sense for a club that wants a CB who can elevate the quality of the starting lineup immediately.

DickDastardly

Miles.

Plus, he has a big ceiling. He's smart, fast enough, good with the ball and has a good self esteem.

Selling Wan Bissaka and Telles, we'll only be left with Shaw and Dalot, Joško covers the CB spot and the LB spot.

Also sell Bailly and Jones.

That would mean we could easily sell 4 players and get 1 to cover 3 of their spots.

Only need to find a quality RB.

Seeing as we're in for Timber who could cover the RB and CB positions that would be the solution we're after.

Timber Varane Gvardiol Shaw with both Timber and Gvardiol who can easily play RB and LB if needed.

jesperjaap

Witout a doubt in my mind. People keep talking of mistakes, yet all of our defenders over the last few seasons have been making them and they have all been much older than him.

He is better than Jones, Bailly, Lindelof and Tuanzabe already and obviously been better than Maguire last season and Varane too. I find it a strange question in all honesty as we havent had a guality centre back at the club since Ferdinand and Vidic retired....cant include Varane even based on last season.

He would be a massive improvement in our side in terms of quality competition for a starting birth over Lindelof and he is just 20years old too, let not forget that, he has huge potential

arthurka

He is a massive talent but we won't sign him. We will wait until he costs 80m.

Kaos

Yes please! Forget Pau Torres or heck even Timber, this is the one defensive signing that would excite me the most. Seems built for the PL too.

He can play LB too right? Would be nice having someone there as an additional option to Chippie Boy and Telles.

Santos J

Not much of a link really unfortunately, our mention is only this in a breakdown of possible transfers this summer:

Interested: Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester United
Estimated cost: £40m-50m

Gvardiol is left-footed, which makes him more valuable as a centre-back, and is seen as one of Europe’s most promising defenders. Chelsea, United and Tottenham are all in the market for central defenders.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I'm going to go with Chelsea-bound on this one. No concrete reason why, but with Rudiger & Christensen gone as well as a CB turning 38 next season, it would be a good shout for them

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Seems to have a burgeoning reputation despite never looking particularly good when I've seen him. But then, increasingly, I know feck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.