Joško Gvardiol | extends his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Name

Word in Croatian press is that Chelsea is interested a lot but he decided to stay at RB one more year.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Everyone seems to rate him very highly. Surprised we've not had any credible interest. Maybe we decided on Timber instead.

davidmichael

Everyone seems to rate him very highly. Surprised we've not had any credible interest. Maybe we decided on Timber instead.
With there being reports of Timber wanting to stay another year at Ajax it makes sense why we’re being linked with Gvardiol now, to be honest I’d rather have Gvardiol than Timber from what I’ve seen of both as I think Timber will end up as a defensive midfielder like how Declan Rice did.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He looks immense. Would love if we could pick up a couple of RB Leipzig, and a couple from Ajax this season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You liking this @Adnan right?

Would absolutely welcome him here.
I like him and he has big potential. But the report in question also mentions Chelsea and Spurs also being interested in the player.

Ideally it would be best if he stays at Leipzig for one more season imo.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Everyone is ravig about him in this thread and you imagine there would be more hype surrounding him due to that but that isn't really the case .

Barely any rumors regarding him.

OleGunnar20

Amazing on FM, which about sums up my knowledge of him. But then we'd have been better off going with FM signings than whatever we've been doing this past decade, in fairness.

davidmichael

I like him and he has big potential. But the report in question also mentions Chelsea and Spurs also being interested in the player.

Ideally it would be best if he stays at Leipzig for one more season imo.
https://www.skysports.com/ipad/liveArticle/12476234?postid=3997864#liveblog-body

Spurs are in talks to sign Bastoni who’s also a left sided centre back so I’d imagine that’d rule them out of signing Gvardiol, Chelsea definitely need centre backs but haven’t they made it pretty much known that Kounde is their main centre back target ? If Timber is staying at Ajax for another year then makes sense for us to go all in for Gvardiol.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
https://www.skysports.com/ipad/liveArticle/12476234?postid=3997864#liveblog-body

Spurs are in talks to sign Bastoni who’s also a left sided centre back so I’d imagine that’d rule them out of signing Gvardiol, Chelsea definitely need centre backs but haven’t they made it pretty much known that Kounde is their main centre back target ? If Timber is staying at Ajax for another year then makes sense for us to go all in for Gvardiol.
Both United and Spurs are interested in Gvardiol and Bastoni according to reports. So I guess one or the other may end up at United.

I haven't seen much of Bastoni, but there's a lot of hype surrounding him as well. So either player would potentially be a exciting pick up. But Gvardiol will require some patience at first due to how young he is.

davidmichael

Both United and Spurs are interested in Gvardiol and Bastoni according to reports. So I guess one or the other may end up at United.

I haven't seen much of Bastoni, but there's a lot of hype surrounding him as well. So either player would potentially be a exciting pick up. But Gvardiol will require some patience at first due to how young he is.
I was very surprised Inter would allow Bastoni to leave as he was meant to be the crown jewel of Inter but I guess they need the money, of the two of much rather Gvardiol who I think is already as good if not better than Bastoni and has a much higher ceiling plus I think he’d adapt to English football much better too.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I was very surprised Inter would allow Bastoni to leave as he was meant to be the crown jewel of Inter but I guess they need the money, of the two of much rather Gvardiol who I think is already as good if not better than Bastoni and has a much higher ceiling plus I think he’d adapt to English football much better too.
It seems like Inter might be forced to sell if the below information is correct.

jesperjaap

From what I have seen he is higely talented but still seems a bit raw which is understandable as he is only 20. Think he coul dbecome a huge player. Isnt a good left back though and we are only really seeing him in a back three, a lot to pay on undoubted potential.

I do think he is getting a bit too much hype too soon though. I think there are other centre backs who are further on with more experience, Romero being one and he went for £50m, so I think talk of fees above that are a bit crazy. He could become the best of the lot though but too early to tell, keep reading "if one player is guaranteed to become world class" type comments.

Does make it all the mor epainful we paid £80m for Maguire though and there are the likes of Romero, Gvardiol, Fofana who have broken through in the last couple of seasons who are all far better centre backs than him. I dont think Maguire is a bad centre back, is certainly far better than what we saw last season....but there are a good 7/8 centre backs who would all probably cost little more than we could still sell him for still now I believe, was a under whelming and overpriced signing at the time,,,,now it looks utterly ludicrous

davidmichael

90m Euros...:eek::eek:
That’s some fee, is that just under £80 million ? From what I’ve seen of him though he could very well be the best centre back around in 3-4 years and young enough to be at the very top for a decade.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Chelsea planning ahead well with this. Him, Fofana and Koulibaly could be brilliant after Silva.

AussieDevil

90m for Josko, 80m for Fofana, 60m for Cucurella, 50m for Chilwell. Thats one expensive defense and thats not even including the 35m for Koulibaly.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I honestly don't think he's that good from what I saw last season, scored an own goal of a miskick this season as well. Scouts from all big clubs seem to rate him very highly though.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sounds ridiculous to spend that money when you have Reece James.

aeh1991

Mark my words, he's going to be the best CB in the EPL in a few years, if he moves to Chelsea. He's the new Vidic we can't afford to miss, but with Martinez I don't think we'll be in for him. Too bad as I really haven't seen a CB this good at his age as far as I can remember. He is worth the hype around him.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Potential to be a world class CB as he’s shown all the key elements of a modern CB at a very young age.

Status
Not open for further replies.