Not open for further replies.

Red4Life_#7

Joško Gvardiol

Date of birth23 January 2002 (age 20)
Place of birthZagreb, Croatia
Height1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
Position(s)
Centreback, Leftback​

Joško Gvardiol is a Croatian professional footballer who plays for Bundesliga club RB Leipzig. A left footed defender, who is on the radar of a lot of clubs in Europe.

Links:
https://www.unitedinfocus.com/transfer-talk/manchester-united-linked-with-a-move-for-josko-gvardiol/
https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-todd-boehly-gvardiol-transfer-24037763

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Much more suited to the PL than Pau T from the limited knowledge I have of both. Don’t fancy Torres all that much at all. He’s a fancier Lindelof. This lad is aggressive as hell and more than decent on the ball and with the magic left foot if that style pairing is still in vogue

mu4c_20le

I think we'd be in for him if we had CL. Otherwise, probably Munich bound

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Seems to offer a lot more than those we're linked with. Quick, great physicality, left footed. Not sure Torres has the physicality needed, might be a leftsided Lindelof.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
It's always the ones we aren't linked with that CAF seem to think are good. Pau Torres has been fantastic all season and led his team to the UCL Semis but all of a sudden Josko is better.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How often has he played in a back two rather than a back three?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Bundesliga defender. Odds would be against him being a success.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Joško Gvardiol

Height1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
Position(s)
Centreback, Leftback​

Joško Gvardiol is a Croatian professional footballer who plays for Bundesliga club RB Leipzig. A left footed defender, who is on the radar of a lot of clubs in Europe.
You'll need some transfer links from high tier sources to warrant a thread in the transfer forum or it'll get locked.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Aren’t Chelsea signing Kounde? Are they going to sign a host of CBs now?
Well Thiago is 1000 years old and Rudiger, Azpi and Christensen are off. They play 3 at the back - they're going to need at least 1 or 2 signings.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Joško Gvardiol

Height1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
Position(s)
Centreback, Leftback​

Rule of the forum, you must post a genuine link/source otherwise your thread gets closed

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
The hype around this guy is pretty wild for a 20-year-old player who has had one full season outside of Croatia.

Reminds me a little bit of how last summer people were talking about Tapsoba like the next Nesta after one season in the Bundesliga, throwing around talk of 70m fees and everything. Now nobody is talking about him. It was the same when Upamecano first broke through at RBL as well.

I'm not saying Gvardiol isn't a great prospect - I haven't watched him enough to have a real opinion - but there is definitely a hype element as well.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
The picture perfect replacement for Rüdiger in a back 3. After Koundé, this guy should be priority #1.

SAFMUTD

He's definitely one of the most exciting young players in europe, he's aggresive and phyisical I would love to have him here. Sadly I don't think he'll fancy us, with some luck he maybe stays another year in Leipzig and we can go after him next sumer.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's funny, so much hype about him but as a LB in the euros he looked dreadful IMO.

Rocknrolla69er

It's always the ones we aren't linked with that CAF seem to think are good. Pau Torres has been fantastic all season and led his team to the UCL Semis but all of a sudden Josko is better.
I have to laugh at the Lindelof comparisons. They say its because Torres is passive, but maybe he just defends the space behind him very well rather than lunge in.........

You don't see him beat 1 on 1 much all, he's a class above lindelof who's physically below average

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I have to laugh at the Lindelof comparisons. They say its because Torres is passive, but maybe he just defends the space behind him very well rather than lunge in.........

You don't see him beat 1 on 1 much all, he's a class above lindelof who's physically below average
The good defenders dont expsoe themselves too much to one v ones

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Kalvin Phillips is probably better now that City are favourites

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
It's funny, so much hype about him but as a LB in the euros he looked dreadful IMO.
Agreed, he was terrible in the Euros.
He’s not a LB naturally. He played as the left sided CB this season and was in the Bundesliga team of the season in that position. At age 19/20.

He has many of the same characteristics as Rüdiger (very quick, aggressive, like to carry the ball forward) so it’s easy to see why we’re linked.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s not a LB naturally. He played as the left sided CB this season and was in the Bundesliga team of the season in that position. At age 19/20.

He has many of the same characteristics as Rüdiger (very quick, aggressive, like to carry the ball forward) so it’s easy to see why we’re linked.
I know. He was just noticeably bad is all.

Red4Life_#7

You'll need some transfer links from high tier sources to warrant a thread in the transfer forum or it'll get locked.
Thank you for this, I didn't know. Have a nice evening.

Rule of the forum, you must post a genuine link/source otherwise your thread gets closed
Thank you, I'll read the rules.

https://www.football365.com/news/ch...ist-bolster-defence-rudiger-christensen-exits

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-todd-boehly-gvardiol-transfer-24037763

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
Watched a reasonable amount of this guy this year to see what all the noise is about. The more I watch him, the more he reminds me of lovren.

Same (over) aggressive characteristics, similar speed, similar sorts of positioning errors, similar propensity to getting involved in unnecessary tussles with physical strikers and as a result getting turned again and again, similarly always an inch away from picking up two yellows. Even the cack-handed passing under pressure matches, as does the propensity to a sudden brain fart which sways the game.

I‘d be deep-swerving personally.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord

It's a joke as they aren't similar in the slightest. I'll compare him more to peak Pique. They don't get outrun because they have those long strides and cover space really well. He would add a calming presence to the backline for sure. I think Shaw Pau Varane Timber would be a solid back four to build with. Shaw and Varane would have to be fit though. Maguire and Lindelof as backup with Timber who can play there too and we will have enough to play 3 at the back too.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is not lb. That was bs decision from our coach. Now he plays cb in NT too.
On cb he is really top prospect. Modern and complete central defender.

Rocknrolla69er

It's a joke as they aren't similar in the slightest. I'll compare him more to peak Pique. They don't get outrun because they have those long strides and cover space really well. He would add a calming presence to the backline for sure. I think Shaw Pau Varane Timber would be a solid back four to build with. Shaw and Varane would have to be fit though. Maguire and Lindelof as backup with Timber who can play there too and we will have enough to play 3 at the back too.
Totally agree. When you look at Torres vs lindelof personally I think Torres looks alot bigger and imposing, he was absolutely solid when we've played villareal

Status
Not open for further replies.