Joško Gvardiol | signs for Peps CB collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Messi has had him strings bloody hell

Dannn411

Great defender but clearly also flattered by the extreme defensive way Croatia have played all tournament. The second Croatia had to attack and play a high line, he suddenly looked ordinary. Not worth anywhere near 100m just like all other players whose agents are quoting that price for their players.

jesperjaap

Has a stormer earlier in the tournament "best in the world must sign"....has a stinker in the semis "he is shite"

I think he is a brilliant centre back personalyl and will definately go on to be one of the best in the world. The big thing to remember, the guy isnt even 21 yet, he is younger than Foden for example and only has a coupeol of years experience.

I think whoever gets him is very lucky indeed though he will cost a lot.

But for us, no thanks, we already have Martinez as the left sided centre back and I wouldnt swap him for anybody.

Fahad Jawaid

Has a stormer earlier in the tournament "best in the world must sign"....has a stinker in the semis "he is shite"

I think he is a brilliant centre back personalyl and will definately go on to be one of the best in the world. The big thing to remember, the guy isnt even 21 yet, he is younger than Foden for example and only has a coupeol of years experience.

I think whoever gets him is very lucky indeed though he will cost a lot.

But for us, no thanks, we already have Martinez as the left sided centre back and I wouldnt swap him for anybody.
Whenever i have seen him in the world cup he looks clumsy with the ball, he does not look like those ball playing CB, that everybody wants to sign. He does looks a good one on one defender and has time on his side. I would think its a risk to pay this much amount of money for him, plus we already have Varane and Martinez.

jesperjaap

Whenever i have seen him in the world cup he looks clumsy with the ball, he does not look like those ball playing CB, that everybody wants to sign. He does looks a good one on one defender and has time on his side. I would think its a risk to pay this much amount of money for him, plus we already have Varane and Martinez.

I dont think we should be in for him as he is left sided, but although the difference between club and international football is a smaller margin, it is still there. He is really good at bringing the ball out from defence as in running with it and is passing is competent.

Dont think we can judge players solely on world cup performances, otherwise Romain Seiss is one of the worlds best centre backs....he was decent at WOlves and is a competent defender.

Again the main point I would make on Garvdiol though that is prevelant....he isnt 21 until January, he is only 6months older than Mengi for example and about the same difference YOUNGER than Laird who people consider decent prospects. He may be a man mountain but he is still very young, we rave abotu Bellingham at 19, he has had a similar rise, only a year older

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's unbelievable.

The most "sure thing" I've seen as a 20 yr old CB since... probably Rio Ferdinand.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Won't mind us signing him. Is he always like this on Club level?

Last edited:

Devil81

He's unbelievable.

The most "sure thing" I've seen as a 20 yr old CB since... probably Rio Ferdinand.
Yeah he special, unfortunately for us we're not in the signing special kinda players position at the moment. City seem to be mopping up all the talent.

I'm convinced they will sign him and Bellingham in the next 6 months. They might not even need Gvirdiol but they will look at his potential and move someone on from the current group of CB's.

DickDastardly

He's that good.

Should have even gotten a pen today.

The way he glides out of defence with that stride...

The next big thing, who ever lands him has something to build upon.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
In fairness, this is why we wanted to lock him in last Summer. We have a good relationship with him, and a lot of negotiations, but make no mistake the market for him will be wide open and heavy. And if City and Madrid come in as major players it will be difficult to hold.

Boondog

So funny how comments spike and dip based on one WC game at a time. :lol:

He's a fine player. Just not gonna line up for us if he moves in Jan. He'll be a summer add for us since these additions are going to be limited and on the credit card.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Shame that we are not proactive on the market. We always try to sign only "first 11 options". We have 2 excellent first choice defenders now and i bet that we are not even looking at Gvardiol.
Pep on the other....5 or 6 six defenders, who cares?

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
So funny how comments spike and dip based on one WC game at a time. :lol:

He's a fine player. Just not gonna line up for us if he moves in Jan. He'll be a summer add for us since these additions are going to be limited and on the credit card.
He’s not gonna go n January. Any deal done now will be for the Summer. We tried to buy him a full year ahead of time, but even when we offered 90m for him last Summer it was for next Summer … not any sooner.

Now, if the deals for him heat up and you have to put the money up now to get him later, that would be a different story.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
:lol: It's majestic. Probably the best facial hair on a young defender at a World Cup since Bergomi rocking this moustache as a fecking 18 year old:

His body and look were 30 years old; at that time, he was only 18. :lol:

(40 years later, he ages like fine wine.)

Oranges038

Shame that we are not proactive on the market. We always try to sign only "first 11 options". We have 2 excellent first choice defenders now and i bet that we are not even looking at Gvardiol.
Pep on the other....5 or 6 six defenders, who cares?
The difference there is that Pep would have no problem offloading Ake, Stones or Laporte to bring him in. Where as Utd would bring him in and still end up keeping Maguire, Lindelof etc around for another 3 or 4 years.

jesperjaap

And now he is back to th ebest young defender int he world from a few days ago of being clumsy and ridiculously pried as he isnt that good....this plce haha

Amazing Santos

Sign him up 100m. Ignore him getting schooled by a 45 year old Argeninian midget in the last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.