Joško Gvardiol | signs for Peps CB collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boondog

His body and look were 30 years old; at that time, he was only 18. :lol:

(40 years later, he ages like fine wine.)
Reminds me of a kid on my high school team, he had a full beard and looked like a grown man at 15. Some of these guys I really wonder about their birth year being accurate.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Great game for him today, still not entirely convinced he's worth the money suggested he'll go for.

He's had as many mediocre moments as good moments this world cup, his performance against Japan, certainly the first half was awful.

Still, he can provide cover at left back as well as CB, so may well be worth considering of the price isn't ridiculous

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Had we not bought Martinez I’d be all in for this but we’d be spending on someone we don’t need immediately.

Terrific player but he will want a starting role that we can’t offer.

croadyman

Had we not bought Martinez I’d be all in for this but we’d be spending on someone we don’t need immediately.

Yeah very true our priorities should be a CM who can progress the ball and number 9

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
50m max. Great prospect, good resale value. But not above 50m, let alone 100m. I say wait another year first before bidding. Need to see how he cope with all the attention first.

Son

He’s a great buy for a club that needs a new starting CB. We don’t especially with our limited budget.

If we get bought by Dubai or Amazon yeah sure but until then never happening.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
50m max. Great prospect, good resale value. But not above 50m, let alone 100m. I say wait another year first before bidding. Need to see how he cope with all the attention first.
No chance he goes for less than £80m, probably £100m or likely even £120m.

It's rare you see such global excitement about a young defender -I can't remember the last time tbh. He does look amazing though, barring the Argie game.

How much would you pay to have a world class first CB for the next 10 years, assuming everything pans out for him? Rio was supr-expensive, for example, but a great signing. I agree we probably have other more pressing needs, particularly given his likely price, but I'm intrigued by how much he'll go for.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
No chance he goes for less than £80m, probably £100m or likely even £120m.

It's rare you see such global excitement about a young defender -I can't remember the last time tbh. He does look amazing though, barring the Argie game.

How much would you pay to have a world class first CB for the next 10 years, assuming everything pans out for him? Rio was supr-expensive, for example, but a great signing. I agree we probably have other more pressing needs, particularly given his likely price, but I'm intrigued by how much he'll go for.
De Ligt?

Judas

Open to offers
I try not to buy into the hype, but I actually didn’t realize he was so young. Shame we’ll be nowhere signing him, but it’s understandable in our current circumstances.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Martinez is not exactly old so I’m happy that we are set.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Great game for him today, still not entirely convinced he's worth the money suggested he'll go for.

He's had as many mediocre moments as good moments this world cup, his performance against Japan, certainly the first half was awful.

Still, he can provide cover at left back as well as CB, so may well be worth considering of the price isn't ridiculous
Yeah, we can’t be the club that always goes after the most high profilic signings. Same with Enzo Fernandez and Jude Bellingham. There are plenty of really good players out there. A boatload of them weren’t at the World Cup or didn’t play a big role there.

jesperjaap

Think its more him being a left sided centre back and we have one in a back four, but he is probably better than any of our centre backs, not that I would swap Martinez for anybody

jesperjaap

I know we are talking premiership prices but Kyle Walker almost cost that five years ago and there are a few defenders have cost more, some consierably more than that after a good season or two not at the same level. Cucurella cost more than that last summer.

There is not a chance he goes for that kind of fee, he is one of the most sought after players in the world. Sure someone, might have even been CHelsea offered far more last summer and were turned down flat.

This is a 20year old who has been superb for well over a season now, is great defensively and on the ball. He isnt the finished article yet, but again, he is 20....he is only a year older than Bellingham

Rolaholic

He's going to go for no less than 75m euros whenever he's sold.

RB already rejected this bonkers world record sum over the summer before he was as widely known

The likes of Fofana and Cucurella went for 82m and 75m respectively last summer and they haven't been as highly rated as this lad who's even younger

RopersReturn

Mightily impressed by his strength and determination shown against Brazil. At circa £50m, looks like a good investment to me, we should put in an offer of around £47M.

jesperjaap

Mightily impressed by his strength and determination shown against Brazil. At circa £50m, looks like a good investment to me, we should put in an offer of around £47M.
Where are people getting thes ludirous figures from? He will possibly be the world first £100m defender, he will certainly go for far closer to that than £50m, not a hope in hell he goes near that fee

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Think its more him being a left sided centre back and we have one in a back four, but he is probably better than any of our centre backs, not that I would swap Martinez for anybody
Don’t get me wrong I’d love to have him for that exact reason but I don’t see him being happy being rotated.

RopersReturn

Where are people getting thes ludirous figures from? He will possibly be the world first £100m defender, he will certainly go for far closer to that than £50m, not a hope in hell he goes near that fee
Oops, forgot to add another zero on the end of that figure-sorry.

To be honest though, I do wonder if we’ll be able to compete for players in the £100m bracket atm with all the uncertainty surrounding the sale and current debt. We’re quibbling about £70-80m transfer targets.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I doubt anyone is going to cough up the cash this summer, most of the big clubs are set so they'll probably wait a year(although Chelsea do act weird in the transfer market).

Real Name

He's satisfied in Leipzig, no hurry to go somewhere else, especially if there wont be an offer. He has all the time in the world.

Kaos

Would be a dream signing for me - having 3 CBs with the quality of Varane, Martinez and Gvardiol competing for two spots would be a monumental upgrade over Maguire and Lindelof. The fact he's versatile enough to play RB is also a considerable bonus.

The trouble is his price tag. Unless we bring in super wealthy owners soon, I don't see us splashing the quoted figures for a defender, not when there are other pressing issues to address on the pitch.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Would be a dream signing for me - having 3 CBs with the quality of Varane, Martinez and Gvardiol competing for two spots would be a monumental upgrade over Maguire and Lindelof. The fact he's versatile enough to play RB is also a considerable bonus.

The trouble is his price tag. Unless we bring in super wealthy owners soon, I don't see us splashing the quoted figures for a defender, not when there are other pressing issues to address on the pitch.
He can play as LB being left footed, he never played RB in his life.

Mainoldo

I don't know, the last childhood Liverpool fan we had won us the treble...
He also took us 3 years backwards allowing Liverpool to win under his watch. You could say he was a ‘closet’ fan at the time.

Tbf. I hope he does go Liverpool. We’re on the up and want to destroy them whilst they also have a good team.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
OShea was a boyhood Liverpool fan.
It means bigger all unless you’re a full scouser. If he was to come to the club he’d soon be a United man

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
People with bad traits, like sexism, racism, and being a Liverpool fan... Can be educated.

RopersReturn

Would love him to sign for us, he looked immense for Croatia. Sadly I can’t see anyone signing until we have new owners.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Raheem Sterling was a big childhood United fan - only to end up playing for the Scousers, City and now Chelsea.

It means feck all tbh.
Nah, Sterling does respectfully refuse to score against us, to be fair to him.

TsuWave

Why would he even say that? Especially when he could be on the move soon

Status
Not open for further replies.