Joachim Andersen

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I like this idea, he’s looked very solid for Fulham. I thought Fulham had actually signed him so that’s a good option for a decent price

SwedishFish

I like this idea, he’s looked very solid for Fulham. I thought Fulham had actually signed him so that’s a good option for a decent price
He'll be more of a contender though because he's not that immediate upgrade on Lindelöf that many here desire.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I didn’t even know he was at Fulham. ... Why is he on loan at Fulham?

Mike Smalling

I would love to have a Dane in the United squad again, and if we get him as a competent and dependable back-up at a reasonable price, I am all for it. I don't think he is an upgrade on Lindelof, though. Perhaps he is slightly stronger and better in the air, but he is also less experienced.

golden_blunder

Staff
He'll be more of a contender though because he's not that immediate upgrade on Lindelöf that many here desire.
Me being one. I just want someone, anyone, who can defend better over the course of a season than Lindelof. I know it’s weird timing considering he’s played well recently, I want someone who will be more consistent over a season

Mark Pawelek

He'll be 4th choice if he comes here. What's the point paying £25m for a 4th choice CB? - especially as Teden Mengi and Di'Shon Bernard as doing well on loan? You could say neither are ready yet, then I could say bring a CB in on loan until one is, or, sign a 1st or 2nd choice CB.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not been overly impressed with him to be honest, unsure why we'd be interested.

Robbie Boy

He's been very good for Fulham after a shakey start. No idea if he's good enough, though.

AgentSmith

He is exactly the type of defender who'd compliment Lindeloff or Maguire stylistically. But he also lacks pace.....
How would his style compliment Maguire if he lacks pace? Haven’t really seen him play at all so would be interested in a more informed opinion on him, seems to be getting a lot of praise across the board.

Really hope Fulham stay up at the expense of Newcastle.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Would prefer White from Brighton, based on the handful of games I've seen of both. I would suspect both targets are being identified as backup options though because surely better is required?

R0nald0

Under a rug on top of a mountain under the stars.
It's very difficult to judge a defender for us, based on appearances for Fulham. A defender may be excellent in a low block style but incompetent in a high line defence. This is why we need one of our centre backs to be pacey, and why this guy doesn't compliment our other defenders, for our style of play.

Mcking

Would be a very good deal at that price. We have Lindelof and Maguire who are okay and available most times, but beyond them, Bailly and Tuanzebe are no where near good enough to be third choice going into a new season.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is better in air than Lindelof but less pacy than him. Not sure how he would be in a high line. Looking good at Fulham though.

If we have to pick someone from EPL, I would prefer Dunk.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He is better in air than Lindelof but less pacy than him. Not sure how he would be in a high line. Looking good at Fulham though.

If we have to pick someone from EPL, I would prefer Dunk.
You'd prefer to spend £40-50m (assume he'll cost around that) on Lewis Dunk? I personally wouldn't.

I'd much rather we picked up a cheaper but competent 4th choice defender and have rotation between Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly and new guy.

Last edited:

Ekeke

He's certainly done better than in the first few months of the season.

Strong in the air and clearing the ball from crosses and decent at intercepting the ball

Ekeke

yep. He’s been very good for Fulham. Lyon must have some pretty good defenders.
They're 4th and conceded 31 goals in 31 games. They came 7th last season with 27 goals in 28 games last season with Anderson playing 17 games. So not much difference

SwedishFish

Me being one. I just want someone, anyone, who can defend better over the course of a season than Lindelof. I know it’s weird timing considering he’s played well recently, I want someone who will be more consistent over a season
Joachim Andersen is not better than Lindelöf, sorry to say.

If you are looking for a consistent World Class defender then it's not Andersen that you'd want and I rate Andersen.

I think he'd be a good addition to the rotation but I don't think he'd be a guaranteed starter and he certainly has flaws.

golden_blunder

Staff
Joachim Andersen is not better than Lindelöf, sorry to say.

If you are looking for a consistent World Class defender then it's not Andersen that you'd want and I rate Andersen.

I think he'd be a good addition to the rotation but I don't think he'd be a guaranteed starter and he certainly has flaws.
Looking at the stats @Ekeke posted, he appears to be strong in the areas that lindelof is not, so he might still be an option. Depends if we are looking for a guaranteed starter or someone to compete

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I liked him a lot when he was in Italy. I thought he was a good option at that time if we were looking for someone cheaper.

I would prefer someone more agile (Kounde, Torres, Caleta-Car) than Andersen this summer. But if we sell Bailly we might need two CBs. Someone like Andersen or Milenkovic would be a good shout as a «second choice».

jackal&hyde

Remember Vidic? He was as slow as Maguire and Lindeloff. His defensive style was nothing like theirs
He was a fighter and a great defender and Ferdinand was fast, athletic and a great defender and great on the ball. Maguire has all the skills for a great central defender safe for pace. He needs a fast, athletic defender to cover. Pace is what Maguire needs the most for his partner imo as everything else he is superb at. Maguire is pro active too, but he can be only so much knowing there is no pace to cover.

Forget Vidic, put Rio next to Maguire or even Lindelof and we are superb.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
They're 4th and conceded 31 goals in 31 games. They came 7th last season with 27 goals in 28 games last season with Anderson playing 17 games. So not much difference
But Andersen was absolutely horrible for Lyon, completely exposed each time they played a high line. Pace and decision making were severely lacking, and it's not like they didn't try to put him in the best conditions. They tried 3 at the back, 2 at the back, he was horrible in both.
Fulham is probably his level.

Ekeke

But Andersen was absolutely horrible for Lyon, completely exposed each time they played a high line. Pace and decision making were severely lacking, and it's not like they didn't try to put him in the best conditions. They tried 3 at the back, 2 at the back, he was horrible in both.
Fulham is probably his level.
I'll take your word for it. Barely saw him for Lyon

AKDevil

I say that based on what I’ve seen from Andersen. They must have some good centre backs to not need him.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You'd prefer to spend £40-50m (assume he'll cost around that) on Lewis Dunk? I personally wouldn't.

I'd much rather we picked up a cheaper but competent 4th choice defender and have rotation between Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly and new guy.
He is 29 + and don't think Brighton will ask for 40m.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Sorry but rating him above Maguire is ridiculous. He's not even next in line for England if Maguire was injured. Would be Mings, Coady or Keane
He scores goals which is a sure sign somebody will overrate someone.

Consequently why it took everyone years to appreciate the genius of Victor.

Late in the day so I'm being brusque.

Status
Not open for further replies.