Joachim Löw finished as Germany coach after the Euros

Wayne's World

Interesting with the latest rumours from Germany that Klopp would be willing to take over after the Euros.

No smoke without fire in this one......

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Please take Klopp.

Klopp to Germany, Pep to Barca.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Klopp has already told the German FA he will take it.

Basically he has got Löw the boot like Rodgers at Liverpool.

Not a nice guy at all.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich

Not a nice guy at all.
is this just speculation or do you have a source on that?
Can't imagine Klopp leaving Liverpool after this season. How long is his contract?

But I'd obviously love Klopp as the Bundestrainer

Lyricist

Not a nice guy at all.
Eh? It feels like 95% of Germany absolutely hates Löw nowadays.

Even if the "not a nice guy because he got them fired" part was true, Germans would view Klopp as their savior who freed his people for that. :lol: Löw has become an unwanted figure ages ago. So not sure you should be pushing that narrative, as it'll only bolster up the view that some have of Klopp.

laughtersassassin

Hopefully Klopp goes cause let's be honest this year is just a blip.

If he stays they'll be back.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Klopp would be an exciting solution but I doubt he'd want to leave Liverpool after such a season.
Yes I know, people will say he left Dortmund in agreement with their management in a seemingly similar situation but I'd argue the situations are vastly different.

As for Löw, good riddance. I wonder which club will take a punt on him in the coming years.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I wonder what made him make this decision now instead of after the 2018 World Cup where Germany had an ingominous tournament. Maybe the loss 6-0 loss to Spain in mid November planted a seed.

As for a replacement, Klopp seems to be the best man for the job but he might be a coach who prefers the day to day nature of club football over coaching a national team.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

Klopp next?
Hallefeckinglujjah

Hopefully we can have a respectable performance, quarter or semi final, in EURO '2020' and we can remember him for the great performances we had from with him till it all went bust in the world cup.

Can't wait to see who will come in though, my preference is Flick given his relation to the national team and his style of play suiting many of the players.

Next would ofcourse be Klopp but I'm not sure if he'll leave Pool this soon.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Not a nice guy at all.
Having you been reading too much British press?

reddevilchennai

Please take Klopp.

Klopp to Germany, Pep to Barca.
That would be lovely for us.
But I think Pep won't leave City for another two seasons. Pep gets the players he wants and he is happy at City. Xavi is on the line to takeover as next Barca manager.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No idea where these Klopp rumours are coming from, he’s still far too young/good as a manager to take an NT role. And if it’s like every other NT role, I doubt the salary is as great as it is managing a CL-level side.

I think a sabbatical for a year and a job somewhere else in Europe is far more likely. Or he sticks at Liverpool for a bit longer.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Klopp would be an exciting solution but I doubt he'd want to leave Liverpool after such a season.
Yes I know, people will say he left Dortmund in agreement with their management in a seemingly similar situation but I'd argue the situations are vastly different.

As for Löw, good riddance. I wonder which club will take a punt on him in the coming years.
Exactly this.
As for the last sentence, if one of the mega clubs were dumb enough to take him that would make my day.

Just hope it's not.. :nervous:

Last edited:

Blackwidow

He is 61 and had a retirement job already in the recent years. I do not see him in any new position.

Klopp told in an interview last year that after Liverpool he only wants to do a job like German national team coach or a project like Mainz. The World Cup is end of 2022 - then the European Championships on home ground in 2024. No better time to get German coach than now...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I could see Löw simply retire (or see whether he can the job for Austria/Switzerland). He's 61, I don't think a big club will take him and when you have won the WC and are (at least results wise) on of the greats as far as NTs are concerned, then what's the point coaching a midtable team? Compared to what the DFB paid him offers from Bundesliga clubs (Hertha aside) will probably be lousy and he doesn't strike me as someone who would be eager to go to England either.

That being said - maybe Spurs will try get him?

Last edited: