Joachim Löw finished as Germany coach after the Euros

dinostar77

Hansi Flick will have the German nation team sorted out for next years world cup. They will be amongst the favourites no doubt.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
But that's only because of how Southgate set England up. This England squad is a level or two above the Germans.
He set them up very well, I agree. He deserves a lot of credit, but there is no way anyone can say that player for player Germany don’t have a better team than England.

There is some serious overrating of English talent on the boards I feel.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He set them up very well, I agree. He deserves a lot of credit, but there is no way anyone can say that player for player Germany don’t have a better team than England.

There is some serious overrating of English talent on the boards I feel.
You're delusional.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Regardless of whether he's rated or not anymore 15 years in a top level international job is extraordinary and doubt will be repeated again. Will likely never happen at club level now after Fergie and Wenger and international level even harder with teams really working in 2/4 year cycles with the tournaments.

Low should've gone after last world cup. They'll be back soon as ever, 5/6 good players in there so just waiting for other half of the team to turn up or mature as they really lacked leadership in central midfield today.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Germany in 2014 was arguably one of the best international sides ever. Just an absolute steam roller. I will never forget where I was watching Brazil getting taking to pieces in a WC semi final.

If only Lewandowski played for you, you'd probably be back to back world cup winners.
I’d have loved messi to play for Wales

Maluco

You're delusional.
Delusional that there is more talent in that German starting eleven today than in the England starting eleven today?

Cant believe you would look at those two elevens objectively and think that Germany are well behind on talent. Madness.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Delusional that there is more talent in that German starting eleven today than in the England starting eleven today?

Cant believe you would look at those two elevens objectively and think that Germany are well behind on talent. Madness.
Have to agree. My combined XI would be:

Neuer

Hummels Maguire Ruidger

Trippier Kimmich Goeretka Shaw

Havartz Muller

Kane

TheRedHearted

A poor ending for him. Stubborn, inflexible and stale.

That Germany side today has a more talented squad than England and should be beating the eleven they put out today.

He should have been brave and left for bigger things while his star was high.
Should have came to United after the World Cup win :)

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'm sure it's been said, but jesus christ, imagine being a World Cup winning manager and being better known for sniffing your fingers :lol:

I can't say I rate him much, but poor bloke.

el3mel

A poor ending for him. Stubborn, inflexible and stale.

That Germany side today has a more talented squad than England and should be beating the eleven they put out today.

He should have been brave and left for bigger things while his star was high.
England have a far better team it's not even a comparison.

I actually think Germany played a pretty decent tournament considering their tough draws. Didn't embarrass themselves which was honestly what I was expecting.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona

I actually think Germany played a pretty decent tournament considering their tough draws. Didn't embarrass themselves which was honestly what I was expecting.
England’s midfield is bang average (Rice and Phillips). Germany have far superior options there, even on the bench (Gundogan easily starts every game for England). Germany also has a better goalkeeper. Defence is fairly equal, both good but not great.

I do agree that England has a better attack.

el3mel

England’s midfield is bang average (Rice and Phillips). Germany have far superior options there, even on the bench (Gundogan easily starts every game for England). Germany also has a better goalkeeper. Defence is fairly equal, both good but not great.

I do agree that England has a better attack.
Germany had a good midfield and GK but the rest of the team is mostly average. England lacking in midfield has to do with Southgate's stubbornness of not starting Grealish, but otherwise England has a more complete team, with more options over the pitch. They had today Sancho, Rashford, Grealish and Mount on the bench. Great depth and ton of solutions.

Maluco

No way, not having that.

Midfield is far better. Kroos, Goretzka, Kimmich is a far better midfield than any balanced combo England can put out.

England are not far better at anything. Defence is comparable. Rudiger was just central to winning the CL, Hummels is still top class and their keeper is light years ahead of England, who only have them beat with the full backs.

For every Sancho and Rashford England have, Germany have Muller, Havertz, Gnabry, Sane, as well as some exciting youth talents in par with Saka. They have excellent options too. They just weren’t used correctly at this tournament.

Anyone saying England are “far” better than Germany talent wise is having a laugh. It’s this constant bigging up and overrating players that always does England in.

Nothing wrong with being confident, England have a good team, but they are not far better than Germany and today was a very good, almost historical, result for them.

Low far overstayed his welcome. Germany will look quality again in 18 months at the World Cup. You can bet on it. They have excellent players.

Maluco

Have to agree. My combined XI would be:

Neuer

Hummels Maguire Ruidger

Trippier Kimmich Goeretka Shaw

Havartz Muller

Kane
Yeah, I would go for this too. I don’t think there is much argument about any of the German selections. You will have people wanting to put in Sterling/Rashford ahead of Muller, but he is a top player whose standing in the game is very much ahead of any English pretender.

el3mel

No way, not having that.

Midfield is far better. Kroos, Goretzka, Kimmich is a far better midfield than any balanced combo England can put out.

England are not far better at anything. Defence is comparable. Rudiger was just central to winning the CL, Hummels is still top class and their keeper is light years ahead of England, who only have them beat with the full backs.

For every Sancho and Rashford England have, Germany have Muller, Havertz, Gnabry, Sane, as well as some exciting youth talents in par with Saka. They have excellent options too. They just weren’t used correctly at this tournament.

Anyone saying England are “far” better than Germany talent wise is having a laugh. It’s this constant bigging up and overrating players that always does England in.

Nothing wrong with being confident, England have a good team, but they are not far better than Germany and today was a very good, almost historical, result for them.

Low far overstayed his welcome. Germany will look quality again in 18 months at the World Cup. You can bet on it. They have excellent players.
Hummels isn't top class anymore. This is 2021. He has a shit tournament.

And England's forward are far better. Muller is good but he's way too old now, Havertz wasn't really that great with Chelsea last season to be considered just better than Rashford, Sterling or Sanchoand Sane hasn't been any good for a long time now.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
No idea why he got to keep his job after that disastrous 2018 world cup, they essentially wasted this tournament away by keeping him.

Maluco

And England's forward are far better. Muller is good but he's way too old now, Havertz wasn't really that great with Chelsea last season to be considered just better than Rashford, Sterling or Sanchoand Sane hasn't been any good for a long time now.
Havertz finished the season way better than sterling or rashford did and has a higher ceiling than both of them.

Muller is only 31 and still has all the qualities that have made him such a great player. He is on a different level to the other players mentioned and has achieved far more in the game than any of them.

Hummels is still top quality and has had a good tournament over a séries of very tough games in a terrible, inflexible system.

I think he is currently top for aerial duels won in the whole tournament.

It’s an England-centric, PL view to say that England are so much better. They aren’t and gave up the better chances today to a terribly organized and coached German side who are dying for a fresh start.

Jam

No idea why he got to keep his job after that disastrous 2018 world cup, they essentially wasted this tournament away by keeping him.
A World Cup win, a confederations cup win, a Euros final, and what was it 3 or 4 Semi-Final places is the reason why he kept the job.

If it wasn’t for that utterly silly Spain team Low would be lauded as one of the greatest international managers of all time probably.

el3mel

Havertz finished the season way better than sterling or rashford did and has a higher ceiling than both of them.

Muller is only 31 and still has all the qualities that have made him such a great player. He is on a different level to the other players mentioned and has achieved far more in the game than any of them.

Hummels is still top quality and has had a good tournament over a séries of very tough games in a terrible, inflexible system.

I think he is currently top for aerial duels won in the whole tournament.

It’s an England-centric, PL view to say that England are so much better. They aren’t and gave up the better chances today to a terribly organized and coached German side who are dying for a fresh start.
I disagree completely on Hummels. The guy isn't good enough anymore for top level.

As for Havertz, I'm not saying he's bad, but I see no reason to believe that he's a better player than Rashford, Sterling or Sancho. Sterling has been a main player in an English side who dominated the PL for the last 4 years.

Germany don't have a good striker. Muller is good but not at his prime anymore and Werner isn't good enough. They can get the ball into dangerous areas or around the box for crosses but after that they are clueless about what to do due to having no real presence up front.

Imo this Germany side needs a rebuild and start to focus more on the youth and youngsters to build a new generation. This one is done. That's they hired Flick. They are starting a new era.

And as for the management, let's not act like Southgate is a great manager shall we? England are as badly coached as Germany. They have ton of talent and Southgate still doesn't know how to fit them into a proper team. He has Mount, Grealish, Sancho and Rashford on the bench today which was ridiculous.

I'm not defending Low, but this Germany side isn't as good as it used to be. A bunch of over the hill players + average + overrated ones make most of their squad. The fact you mentioned Sane for example says it all, this guy has been going down hill ever since City got rid of him

lawliet354

What? If anything Hummels is probably one of their better performing players this tournament, along with Havertz and Kroos, no way he has a shit tournament. But this is probably his last tournament, he's cleary getting slower and slower. And Havertz have been pretty good since Tuchel came, still not as good as Rashford and Sterling for sure, but it's his first season in PL and I think he'll keep getting better.

Overall England has better squad for sure, but far better is definitely and exaggeration. Sane, Gnabry and Muller have been pretty disappointing this Euro, but Sane never had a good game with Germany, don't think he should have been in the squad at all

backpass

Imagine the fan outcry if some idiotic board decides to hire him as the manager of their top club
I really really hope it happens! Would be amazing to show those crazy believers what a fraud he was.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

You want to try again?

But that's only because of how Southgate set England up. This England squad is a level or two above the Germans.