Joakim Maehle

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Danish
Full-back (both sides?)
Right-footed

Never heard of him before the Euros. Is what he's displaying in the tournament his usual level for his club? Anyone watching him in Serie A: how far off a top club does he look to you?

Seems to play both flanks effortlessly, skillful, rounded, driven and doesn't seem to have any obvious weaknesses, but is that a false impression?

From a United, and PL perspective, would he be good enough to usurp or challenge Wan-Bissaka directly for his place in the team?

Obligatory Youtube highlight compilations:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Was very good for Genk in their champions year. Haven't seen him play in the Serie A but not surprised he's kicked it up a notch since leaving Belgium.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Probably just another Rojo type tournament flash in the pan.

His attacking contributions have caught the eye, and he has scored 4 in 14 games for Denmark... he's managed 5 in 150 for his clubs.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Scouting from Atalanta is insane....another they'll sell for five times what they signed him for.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I don't think this guy is the usual tournament flash in the pan. Those spots are reserved for attackers.

With that said, his goal involvement is much higher here than at club level but his attributes are definitely good.

Not sure we need him though considering we have a young (ish) right back ourselves.

Plus he only just signed for Atalanta and with his profile being on the up, he won't be cheap.

I can see maybe Arsenal going for him in the future as they need a right back if I'm not mistaken?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He moved to Atalanta in Jan, we should hear much more this season if he keeps up this form.

Nickosaur

Been very impressed with him. Especially as i've got him in my Fantasy Euros team and he's bagged two goals!

Can't imagine he'd be cheap, but what a fantastic option he'd be - cover for both right and left back.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Presumably the fact he's playing wing back rather than full back has something to do with the difference in his goalscoring output between club and country?

Unless we're planning to play with wing backs this year then I can't really see the point in looking at him personally.

Mike Smalling

What really impresses me is how he plays on the left as a right-footed player. He can still go either side and cross it with both feet, and he seems to make the right decision most of the time. And as I have mentioned in other threads, hit fitness level seems to be insane - it is no coincidence he has scored two goals late in games. This is also something his Denmark coach and teammates always mention.

Haven't seem him for Atalanta, but it seems like he has played pretty much every game for them since joining in January. Will be interesting to see how he does in the Champions League next season.

redrobed

I’ve not heard of him. This isn’t the calibre of player we should be looking at, Atlanta aren’t exactly a big team. I’d rather just get Varane.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I’ve not heard of him. This isn’t the calibre of player we should be looking at, Atlanta aren’t exactly a big team. I’d rather just get Varane.
"A club he isn't playing for is not a big team so let's get a centre back instead of a wingback"

I love watching him play currently. He always tries to make something happen and he's got a great engine.
That said, I think he should establish himself properly in Serie A before thinking of moving elsewhere. I'd hate to see him get stuck on a bench somewhere.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Atalanta are a better team playing at a higher level than the club you signed Bruno from. if we're being honest.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It used to be a FM thing I used to do - buy a fullback that is capable of playing on both sides so I only have to pick one for the subs bench.

Other than that I’d pass..

Lemansky

He is a wide back playing for one of Italy’s best teams. Varane is a centre back, they don’t play in the same position.

He is one of the most impressive players of this tournament and his strengths we could really do with in our team.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He plays full-back, not wing-back for Atlanta, no? The profiles of him say he can play both full-back positions, both wing-back positions and also left or right midfield. Very versatile if that's the case and he can play each position as well as the other.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They seem to have a good hold on their top players to be fair.
They sold Papu Gomez to Sevilla mid season. Also signed Castagne for about 4m in 2017 and then sold him to Leicester last summer for 20m +.

Could well cash in on one of Muriel or Zapata but both coming up to 30 now so got the peak level right now.

Brilliant at identifying the next ones to step up into their system, basically Leicester on steroids as for examples Josip Illic faded this season but Malinovskyi stepped up.

Indisponente

They sold Papu Gomez to Sevilla mid season. Also signed Castagne for about 4m in 2017 and then sold him to Leicester last summer for 20m +.

Could well cash in on one of Muriel or Zapata but both coming up to 30 now so got the peak level right now.

Brilliant at identifying the next ones to step up into their system, basically Leicester on steroids as for examples Josip Illic faded this season but Malinovskyi stepped up.
Castagne, Malinovskiy & Maehle were all bought from Genk by Atalanta.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Atalanta are a regular in the champions league these days. Also, he is a wing back, Varane is a centre back. I love that you’ve just dismissed him solely based on the fact that you don’t know who he is. :lol:

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln

Because Gomez and Gasperini had public fight. They rather sold Gomez than firing their most successful coach.

Conor

You were probably better off not posting.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This tournament makes me think he's GOOD good. Always hard to judge wingbacks under Gasperini since they all look like world beaters :lol:

gorky_utd

Been very impressed with him. Especially as i've got him in my Fantasy Euros team and he's bagged two goals!

Can't imagine he'd be cheap, but what a fantastic option he'd be - cover for both right and left back.
12 points last match :D:drool:. Never even heard of him before.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What's he like in the league?
Same as at this euros. Fantastic dribbler and ball carrier, very dangerous in attack and a solid defender. His output(goals/assist) is the only thing that was missing, though in fairness atalanta tend to attack mostly through his flank(right) and his job there is more about getting the ball forward(as opposed to Gosens who puts up ridiculous goal/assist numbers for them)

Must be said that compared to the usual standard of gasperini wingbacks he's on a whole different level on the ball

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's a great player. Runs for days too, insane stamina levels. I'd love him here as an alternate to Wan Bissaka.

And he's right footed but playing LWB for Denmark at the Euros so far.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Same as at this euros. Fantastic dribbler and ball carrier, very dangerous in attack and a solid defender. His output(goals/assist) is the only thing that was missing, though in fairness atalanta tend to attack mostly through his flank(right) and his job there is more about getting the ball forward(as opposed to Gosens who puts up ridiculous goal/assist numbers for them)

Must be said that compared to the usual standard of gasperini wingbacks he's on a whole different level on the ball
Thanks. So this Euros is not just a flash in the pan, but he's scoring so his profile has been elevated, I guess?

Looks like a proper player to me; really like his attitude and his willingness to go again and again. Must be exhausting to play against someone like that. His stamina marries so well with his game.