Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

slored1

I think he would be immense in our squad. He fits as a false 9 and can play anywhere in the frontline. Get him in.

Jericholyte2

Has to be bollocks surely, he could comfortably do better. Would certainly end the idea that he'd cost an insane amount though.
Surely he’s worth a loan with purchase option / mandatory depending on goals.

marktan

Think the kid would be class wherever he went. Up there with the likes of Vinicius, Leao etc in the next generation that you get if you have a chance.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
The kind of player destined to play for a world class functional team. I would still get him now even if wouldn't seemingly solve our problems and we are not fully functional yet.

He's got great touch, vision and fairly decent in the air, could be great as a false 9 if ETH decides to use him that way. He could drop deep, make some play feed Rashford and Antony make space for Bruno and even make late runs to score himself. How much 100mil? Can we do some 5*20m add-ons deal with them?

Chief123

Of all the clubs to link him to….Aston Villa! :lol:

Bet he can’t wait to glide past a player and play a lovely ball to Ollie Watkins.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
He just made Frankie-like run to carry the ball from deep to the upper third.
Sure, there would be a transition period, but I can’t see how he could not adopt to CM role. The more he gets the ball, the better.

Like how good defensively was Luka Modric when he played for Tottenham?

Sign him, use him some up front, on the wing where it is needed, but mold him into a No 8/central midfielder.

Of all the clubs to link him to….Aston Villa! :lol:

Bet he can’t wait to glide past a player and play a lovely ball to Ollie Watkins.
He is getting a lot of attention right now, but honestly, who was going to pay a lot of money for a bench player on a sub-par Athletico team?

Vapor trail

He suits United down to the ground. Rashford has been severely underrated for his movement and genuine ability in the centre forward role. I think Felix under ETH is a great prospect. Bring him in and a DLP and the team goes up a few levels.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Sure, there would be a transition period, but I can’t see how he could not adopt to CM role. The more he gets the ball, the better.

Like how good defensively was Luka Modric when he played for Tottenham?

Sign him, use him some up front, on the wing where it is needed, but mold him into a No 8/central midfielder.

He is getting a lot of attention right now, but honestly, who was going to pay a lot of money for a bench player on a sub-par Athletico team?
There's no h in Atletico Madrid, but I agree he could probably play a deeper role

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
This is how I would use Felix:
———————————Martial———————————
Rash-——————————————————Antony
—————-Bruno————————————————
————————————————Felix———————
——————————Casemiro——————————
Shaw——Martinez—————Varane——Dalot

Woodzy

I’d love for us to sign him, but now I’d also love us to sign about 5 others from that Portugal team.

Kaos

Would rather we try again for De Jong plus a CF than go for something like that. I like Felix a lot but I dont see us spending close to £100million for him to play no.8 for us.

GlasgowCeltic

the pogba treatment

Pronewbie

Peep
I'm getting Lisandro Martinez as a DM vibes in this thread.

Why would we bring in a player who is known to dislike Simeone's defensive requirements to play in a deeper role. And why would the player join a team that expects even higher defensive work rates and awareness from him.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'm getting Lisandro Martinez as a DM vibes in this thread.

Why would we bring in a player who is known to dislike Simeone's defensive requirements to play in a deeper role. And why would the player join a team that expects even higher defensive work rates and awareness from him.
I think playing him that far back isn't a great idea but a role just behind the striker is perfect

crossy1686

career ending
He's a tidy little player but the money Atleti want for him makes him a massive risk and not worth it. Let him go somewhere else, flop, and then we'll take him on the cheap.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's a tidy little player but the money Atleti want for him makes him a massive risk and not worth it. Let him go somewhere else, flop, and then we'll take him on the cheap.
Unfortunately he won’t flop. I agree the asking price is too high though. Nobody bit in the summer so maybe it will come down

Motorman

No keeper!?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Amazed Liverpool aren't in for him, surely he's the most Mane type replacement out there who's gettable for them, still young and relatively proven at the top level?

Could certainly see him at Man. United with the style Ten Hag is developing in final third.

footballbite

His best role is where Bruno currently plays.

I don't see him as what Utd need as a 9/false 9 at all either - he's clearly better creating for a proper CF (which Utd would still lack).

Would he really want to move to Utd to sit on the bench behind Bruno and Rashford?!

Status
Not open for further replies.