Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange Tree

We should arrange a loan deal like what they did to Barcelona.

We'll send Ronaldo their way as a bonus.

Tarrou

whoever gets him it has the potential to be a Robben to Bayern kinda transfer in my opinion

he’s at the wrong club but the right one could be amazing

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
IIRC about 6 goals a season for last 3 years? I hope the club knows what they are doing. I am in for whoever ETH wants to be honest.
The funniest thing honestly with all the players United got linked with, they tended to have good seasons so far.

Rabiot has been in good form for Juve too

Where would we play Felix is my question? He's obviously a great runner with a ball but is he going to bang in 20 goals a season?

United need a player where you can cross the ball in the box too, would a Sesko or Endrick type not be better?

(I mention those players because they're finishers, Endrick is obviously 16 and has a lot of development ahead of him).

Judas

Open to offers
whoever gets him it has the potential to be a Robben to Bayern kinda transfer in my opinion

he’s at the wrong club but the right one could be amazing
This is basically how I see it. Atletico have been a strange fit for him since day one. I'd be giddy if we signed him, such an exciting talent.

SAFMUTD

'United preparing a new offer for Felix'
That's fast forwarding several steps. We must first think about making an offer, then consider making an offer and then we prepare an offer.

Reyoji-Utd

The strikers that EtH looking for is more of a link up that can score goals and bring the whole front line together and make goals with his vertical attacks. Its not really just about the big striker (like Haaland) that be there to finish. Looking at his last teams we can see with Tadic, Haller (hes more than just a big stiker/finisher).

So, Felix is good enough to be the striker that EtH want. Re his goals, really the ATM move was wrong (a lot of us said that) but no one can do anything bc Atletico is involve with Mendes. He cant do much with his time there with Simeone tactics.

We should look more into his quality with his skills, technique, the way he score goals, how he score, his link up and tenacity...etc. Those qualities points to his ability to be what EtH wants in stiker.

Himannv

That's fast forwarding several steps. We must first think about making an offer, then consider making an offer and then we prepare an offer.
Spot in. There’s also the “weighing up an offer” stage somewhere in the middle, not to forget the merry-go-round where we agree and then fall short of agent fees every few weeks.

Chairman Steve

I found it interesting that we had links with Cunha, also of Atletico, towards the end of the summer transfer window just gone and they were from memory originating from semi reliable sources. Is it likely that we were actually looking at Felix that time? Did we have any credible links with Felix in the summer?

ETH follows a Guardiola template and Felix would certainly that. It would be great to have such fluidity in attack that we haven’t seen since the days of Ronaldo-Rooney-Tevez… three versatile attackers who can interchange and make it difficult for teams to defend against.

Imagine Felix-Martial-Antony in attack, with the likes of Bruno or Eriksen making those attacking runs :drool:

Suv666

Great player but not sure if he need him or where he fits in. He looks more like #10 than a #9.

Also most teams seem to now prefer traditional number 9s like Benzema, Lewandowski, Haaland, Nunez, Kane over Griezmann, Aguero sort of strikers. Surely there must a tactical reason for that.

Silas

Great player but not sure if he need him or where he fits in. He looks more like #10 than a #9.

Also most teams seem to now prefer traditional number 9s like Benzema, Lewandowski, Haaland, Nunez, Kane over Griezmann, Aguero sort of strikers. Surely there must a tactical reason for that.
Those strikers aren’t really that similar.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Those players aren’t really similar and secondly it is also down to the availability on the market. Kane is closer to Felix than Haaland in style I’d say.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I love the idea of getting a "playmaking" striker. But it would piss me off to no end seeing a striker missing easy chances. ANd it seems like this kid isn't that prolific. I don't know..

Probably his shots/shot on goals stats might ease the worry. Anyone?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Atletico, you receive: a free Ronaldo
We receive: Joao Felix on a cheeky loan deal

who says no???

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I love the idea of getting a "playmaking" striker. But it would piss me off to no end seeing a striker missing easy chances. ANd it seems like this kid isn't that prolific. I don't know..

Probably his shots/shot on goals stats might ease the worry. Anyone?
Worry not. Felix is an excellent finisher. In fact, his finishing ability is amongst his strongest qualities IMO. Powerful and accurate shots into the corners.

Levi1

Spot in. There’s also the “weighing up an offer” stage somewhere in the middle, not to forget the merry-go-round where we agree and then fall short of agent fees every few weeks.
The club is relaxed about the situation

Kaos

I don't see the point of this. He can't really play as a CF, he can't play wide. And last I checked he can't play in goal or as a fullback.

Surely we have other priorities?

Erik the Red

I don't see the point of this. He can't really play as a CF, he can't play wide. And last I checked he can't play in goal or as a fullback.

Surely we have other priorities?
If anything happened, it would be a marriage of convenience - some sort of swap deal with Ronaldo. Ronaldo wants out and we want him out, and same with Felix from ATM. My concern is that we are swapping a 6 month problem with a multi-year one. Felix is clearly a talented footballer, but I'm not sure where he would fit in an ETH system, and if he is going to cost a lot in terms of fee and wages, we definitely have higher priorities.

I would offer ATM a straight swap with Maguire, AWB and Ronaldo, valued at £120m, take it or leave it. All three are Simeone type players...

lysglimt

Scout
Would take Toney or Osimhen over him any day. Joao Felix has a rather poor goalscoring record, and yes that might improve at another club - ´but why gamble ? When we lack a goalscorer, we need to sign a proven goalscorer.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
For all those saying "he doesn't score that many" I think it's important to remember who he is playing for - one of the most conservative and defensive coaches in the world. In his last season for Benfica his record was pretty much a goal every two games. In the right system he could absolutely play as an effective CF, imo.

acid_fuji

Would take Toney or Osimhen over him any day. Joao Felix has a rather poor goalscoring record, and yes that might improve at another club - ´but why gamble ? When we lack a goalscorer, we need to sign a proven goalscorer.
I think it might go down to price of those. I would rather have us spent good money spread on 3 players (striker, right back, centre back). First two has to come on Jan. Centre back perhaps in the summer cos I don’t see funds for that.

Suv666

Osimhen's ability on the ball is very limited.
Don't know why he is so highly rated on here, decent goal scorer but that's it really.

He isn't nowhere worth the money that we would have to shell out.

Telsim

Don't think he is all that, to be honest. I've seen some call him a "generational talent", which seems a bit much. More than just a bit, actually. He is a good player... and that's it. Nothing special. And also don't see how he fixes our issues or fits in Ten Hag's system. He is not a 9, he is not 10, I'm not sure what he is exactly?

Wouldn't necessarily be opposed to giving him a punt, but Atletico will demand some absolutely insane fee, probably €80M+, and he himself will want a high wage. And for what? Doesn't really score, which is what we need.

I'd pass, unless Ten Hag really thinks he is worth it.

OmarUnited4ever

For all those saying "he doesn't score that many" I think it's important to remember who he is playing for - one of the most conservative and defensive coaches in the world. In his last season for Benfica his record was pretty much a goal every two games. In the right system he could absolutely play as an effective CF, imo.
Agree with bolded part. If someone asks me if I would sign Felix, my answer would be that I am not sure, not because of his goalscoring records, stats are secondary in my view when signing a player, the reason I am unsure about Felix is I haven't watched enough of him, from the little I've seen of him, all I can say is that he is very technical and and he is a good dribbler.

The correct question would be what is his profile as a player, strengths, weaknesses, traits and tendencies, and whether his profile fits into Ten Hag's style, his stats should be secondary, as it indicates his performance levels more than it indicates his actual ability.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Worry not. Felix is an excellent finisher. In fact, his finishing ability is amongst his strongest qualities IMO. Powerful and accurate shots into the corners.
Hmm.. his record in the last 3.5 seasons speak otherwise, averaging around 10 goals/season. Griezman had no problem scoring 25+ goals per season on the same position at Atletico before moving to Barca.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Yeah there’s not much indication he’s going to transform into a prolific goalscorer, so we’d need him to be the type of all-round forward who elevates the offensive aspect of the side generally, and helps others score more. That kind of player could be extremely valuable to us, although perhaps not quite as much as a guaranteed 20+ goal man.

flappyjay

Hmm.. his record in the last 3.5 seasons speak otherwise, averaging around 10 goals/season. Griezman had no problem scoring 25+ goals per season on the same position at Atletico before moving to Barca.
Guys like Griezmann have world class movement that allows them to score more. Its not always about the finishing itself but also the ability to get into those goal scoring situations. I think felix is lacking in this area.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Guys like Griezmann have world class movement that allows them to score more. Its not always about the finishing itself but also the ability to get into those goal scoring situations. I think felix is lacking in this area.
That's good. He had one season at Benfica with 20+ goals, so he probably has that finishing trait but still need to horn his movement. Small pool of example, but it's there.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
And the comfort and quality of how he takes those 10 goals speak to him being an excellent finisher. That’s like saying Greenwood isn’t an excellent finisher because he didn’t score 25+ a season. Think there’s a lot more into high goalscoring numbers than finishing ability. Penalties for a start. Almost all of these great statsmen score a generous amount of penalties.

Longlivekeano

6 mth swap deal with Ronnie. Then both clubs get to decide what to do with them more permanently in July-august.

Status
Not open for further replies.