Joao Felix | Signed for Atlético Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't know too much about him, but if he's really a hot prospect then we should make a concerted effort to sign him. We've missed out on Frenkie De Jong as the Matic replacement so let's sign him, even the SCP fans rate him highly, which means he must be some talent considering he plays for their arch rivals Benfica.

ovoxo

Watched a few videos and he comes across as Kaka-esque.

If we signed him though, he appears to play LW or CAM/false 9. If we go 4-3-3, maybe he could play off the right like Lingard does? Obviously if we go diamond he can play at the head of the diamond.

Mitser

I don't know this kid, but i'm nervous about making any major signings before we appoint a DoF.

Champagne Football

With Raiola likely to do everything to make another 80 million out of his favourite cash cow Pogba for 5 minutes work, eventually pushing him to Madrid or Juve then it would be wise to sign up this wonder kid if there's any chance of getting him.

Last edited:

AgentP

With Ole in-charge, young players might be more inclined to join us as they'll know that they'll get to play.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Plus we actually look fun to play for. This seems like a Mata/Lingard replacement in our system. Only have any knowledge of him through FM. Will try and look out for that dinamo vs benfica game - half the crowd will be scouts!

Red Star One

Most of the time I’ve seen him he’s been brilliant and as I wrote in a thread about him, many of my Portuguese friends claim he’s their most talented player since Cristiano. Sign him up, let him stay with Benfica for another year and I’ll be ecstatic.

Champagne Football

Reports a week ago coming out of Portugal suggested that he was going to be deciding between Barca or Real in the summer as both were crazy to get him and I think this is how this transfer will pan out in the end. Both Madrid and Barca are in transition now with plenty of seasoned pros needing replacement soon enough so I can't see them turning their noses up at this one.

ArjenIsM3

I feel like this kid is being hyped to drive up the price. Would rather we get Sancho for that kind of money.

mad1max954

FM wonderkid! On my United save it’s not quite working out.. just sent him out on loan. Avoid!

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Where would he play? The only role I see is if we sod of Rashford to rf/rw and play Joao Felix as a false 9 ala Firmino.

—————Felix—————-
Rashford—————Martial

He looks like a prospect that has a ceiling similar to Martial when he was at Monaco. But, I struggle to see where he would fit. Only the beneficao on this forum who watches him day in day out can assure us that he can adapt to the right attacking role.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Where would he play? The only role I see is if we sod of Rashford to rf/rw and play Joao Felix as a false 9 ala Firmino.

—————Felix—————-
Rashford—————Martial

He looks like a prospect that has a ceiling similar to Martial when he was at Monaco. But, I struggle to see where he would fit only the beneficao on this forum can assure us that he can adapt to the right attacking role.
I don't see why he couldn't play the lingard role, like against Tottenham and Rashford and Martial play in the half spaces between CB and full backs. Certainly looks like he'd have the vision for that role.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I don't see why he couldn't play the lingard role, like against Tottenham and Rashford and Martial play in the half spaces between CB and full backs. Certainly looks like he'd have the vision for that role.
Yea lingard was playing almost centrally and our right side usually lacks some width when he plays. Maybe with a maurading fullback that offers width that might work. Our attack is dynamic so, if Ole instruct Rashford to play out wide, i m sure he will be capable to do that.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yea lingard was playing almost centrally and our right side usually lacks some width when he plays. Maybe with a maurading fullback that offers width that might work. Our attack is dynamic so, if Ole instruct Rashford to play out wide, i m sure he will be capable to do that.
Yeah, I think from yesterday, you can see Dalot can be that going forward in the future. We just need to make sure he's good enough defensively. I think if Ole tells Rashford to go out wide, it won't be to receive the ball to feet, unless he can isolate a FB away from the CB. He'll want it in behind quickly.

Bwuk

Never seen him play bar a YouTube video.

Looks like a player. Sort of player who could play across the front 3.

the chameleon

I'm not sure he's what we need. If he's going to improve our team by 10-20% next year. Bring him one. If he's not going to cost an arm and a leg and eat up the budget for signings in other positions, then sign him up.

Where will he play? Will it affect how Pogba plays? He's young so might need a season or two adapt. Will we have to change our system to fit him in? Will that affect other players?

Martial is our first choice left sided attacker.
Rashford our central attacker.
Lingard is our right sided attacker (he's the only one we need upgrading for)

I don't mind some of his attributes. But does he have a high work-rate and good off the ball movement. Especially in an Ole side, that's a necessity otherwise we would just be buying another luxury player that doesn't improve the team.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'm not sure he's what we need. If he's going to improve our team by 10-20% next year. Bring him one. If he's not going to cost an arm and a leg and eat up the budget for signings in other positions, then sign him up.

Where will he play? Will it affect how Pogba plays? He's young so might need a season or two adapt. Will we have to change our system to fit him in? Will that affect other players?

I don't mind some of his attributes. But does he have a high work-rate and good off the ball movement. Especially in an Ole side, that's a necessity otherwise we would just be buying another luxury player that doesn't improve the team.
1. Lingard doesn't stick to the right side
2. We need to upgrade/replace both Sanchez and Lukaku also

Felix can play all 3 of the attacking roles and so would be a good addition to the squad if the fee is correct. Lingard plays the false 9 role quite frequently under Ole which would actually suit Felix very well.

We are going to need to sign 2 attackers in the summer to replace Sanchez and Lukaku at a minimum.

Scholsey2004

Maybe its not a case of upgrading any of martial, rashford or lingard but the other players in those positions, particularly Sanchez and mata, both of whom are 30. Sanchez isn't coming good and mata's goals/assists numbers aren't great.

Devil may care

1. Lingard doesn't stick to the right side
2. We need to upgrade/replace both Sanchez and Lukaku also

Felix can play all 3 of the attacking roles and so would be a good addition to the squad if the fee is correct. Lingard plays the false 9 role quite frequently under Ole which would actually suit Felix very well.

We are going to need to sign 2 attackers in the summer to replace Sanchez and Lukaku at a minimum.
My thoughts exactly.

mu4c_20le

I feel like this kid is being hyped to drive up the price. Would rather we get Sancho for that kind of money.
Definitely feels like benfica are looking to cash in. I'm always happy to hear us linked with the top young talents of the world, but i would only break the bank for Sancho.

Status
Not open for further replies.