Joao Felix

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Few newspaper reports linking us with him today as it's emerged that Atleti want rid. Thoughts?
No fecking thanks, he has his moments but he’s an average much overhyped player. His end product isn’t great either. Atletico were stupid to pay even half of what they paid for him. He’s their problem.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If Ronaldo leaves I hope we go for him. Although I haven’t seen ‘a few newspapers linking him to us’, sadly. There’s a real dearth of top young central forwards in the game today, and I think Felix is on the verge of exploding in the right set-up. Think he’s ready to step up to being a top goalscorer and he has wonderful technique and team play.

mu4c_20le

Funnily enough he is much better suited to Pep's City, and Haaland for us.

worldinmotion66

If Ronaldo leaves I hope we go for him. Although I haven’t seen ‘a few newspapers linking him to us’, sadly. There’s a real dearth of top young central forwards in the game today, and I think Felix is on the verge of exploding in the right set-up. Think he’s ready to step up to being a top goalscorer and he has wonderful technique and team play.
From the Mirror. Shit sources so probably nothing but fishing for clicks.

Joao Felix has been linked with a move to Man Utd (
Image:
Getty Images)
Ten Hag is also said to be keen on signing a new attacker and Joao Felix has emerged as a potential target. The Portuguese international cost Atletico Madrid more than £100m three years ago, but his future in the Spanish capital remains uncertain.

Correio da Manha claim that United are amongst a clutch of Premier League teams in the running to sign the forward and is seen as a ‘strong option’ for Ten Hag. Along with United; Chelsea and Tottenham are also said to be monitoring his situation ahead of a potential bid.

redshaw

Would be interesting to see him in a different side. His 6-8 league goals per season isn't great in Spain so far.

worldinmotion66

Would be interesting to see him in a different side. His 6-8 league goals per season isn't great in Spain so far.
The system Simeone plays isn't ideal for a player like him, much more suited to the hustling type like Suarez, Correa, Griezmann etc. I'm not sure Felix would handle the physicality of our league but I think he'd suit the style of football ten hag will want to play.

city-puma

It’s harder than normal for a young prodigy to eventually become what many think he will in pro football. They carry too much and too heavy.

tidraKS

I think his decision to join Atletico Madrid was the worst he could do, knowing the system Simeone plays. He's really good on the ball, and Atletico's game is 90% off the ball.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I like Felix but his injury record would be a concern. Wouldn't want to pay too much for him personally. Might work quite well with Bruno creating for him though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think his decision to join Atletico Madrid was the worst he could do, knowing the system Simeone plays. He's really good on the ball, and Atletico's game is 90% off the ball.
These young players really need better counsel around them. In such an advanced stats heavy era, I wonder why more players don't just hire one of these nerds to do some advanced calculations on their own style of play and which clubs would be most compatible for them to move to.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He has obvious talent and given he is still only 22 years old and the fact that Atletico isn't neccesarily the most obvious place for an attacking talent to flourish, he could still have a lot of upside in the right set up I think.

For whoever he goes to, it depends on the price he's available at.

marktan

He's class, I rate him as high as any of the young talents bar Mbappe

Would've been the perfect striker for a team like Liverpool.

worldinmotion66

These young players really need better counsel around them. In such an advanced stats heavy era, I wonder why more players don't just hire one of these nerds to do some advanced calculations on their own style of play and which clubs would be most compatible for them to move to.
The problem is, the sport is so volatile and fast moving now that the manager could be gone within a year and the style of play can completely change. I guess every transfer is a risk for all parties involved.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I see nothing about him that screams potential goalscorer, I see him as a support striker or potentially RWF

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I see nothing about him that screams potential goalscorer, I see him as a support striker or potentially RWF
There’s something different in him to me, back from his Benfica days. He’s actually quite a good finisher but most importantly to me, he finishes like he means it. Being a goalscorer is first of all a state of mind I think.

Watching him though, he operates slightly withdrawn but makes meaningful runs off the ball to actually hurt teams. His headed goal against us in the first leg was not only a brilliant finish, but a demonstration of the instinct with the movement in behind the centre halves in that scenario, rather than heading out of the box towards the ball as a lot of similar forwards would do. His (wrongfully, IMO) disallowed goal in the second leg is another example. He picked the ball up around 40/45 yards out, worked it wide but really made an aggressive run in behind and finished in the 6 yard box. His finishing technique is good too, in a range of circumstances.

To me, when I watch him I see a player who can play the role Kane has played at Spurs in the last couple of years. A creative and withdrawn #9 who can find runners beyond him, but also get a lot of goals himself. Him, Gakpo and Ekitike are potential young centre forward options that interest me, although Gakpo plays wide presently. In the right set up, Felix will score a lot, he’s a good finisher and has the right temperament when the goalscoring situation presents itself. He needs to leave Atleti though.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He cost Atletico 114m . Doubt they would sell him for cheap. I won't pay more than 50-60m for him.

The White Pele

He would be near the top of my list but would surely command a big fee and not sure we can prioritise him this summer.

We couldn’t handle him at all when we played in the Champions League

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
There’s something different in him to me, back from his Benfica days. He’s actually quite a good finisher but most importantly to me, he finishes like he means it. Being a goalscorer is first of all a state of mind I think.

Watching him though, he operates slightly withdrawn but makes meaningful runs off the ball to actually hurt teams. His headed goal against us in the first leg was not only a brilliant finish, but a demonstration of the instinct with the movement in behind the centre halves in that scenario, rather than heading out of the box towards the ball as a lot of similar forwards would do. His (wrongfully, IMO) disallowed goal in the second leg is another example. He picked the ball up around 40/45 yards out, worked it wide but really made an aggressive run in behind and finished in the 6 yard box. His finishing technique is good too, in a range of circumstances.

To me, when I watch him I see a player who can play the role Kane has played at Spurs in the last couple of years. A creative and withdrawn #9 who can find runners beyond him, but also get a lot of goals himself. Him, Gakpo and Ekitike are potential young centre forward options that interest me, although Gakpo plays wide presently. In the right set up, Felix will score a lot, he’s a good finisher and has the right temperament when the goalscoring situation presents itself. He needs to leave Atleti though.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d take him, he’s intelligent. What you’re suggesting would rely on our wide players to also bang in goals and im not sure. I think we’d end up having to get a backup out and out goalscorer to sit on the bench like ole used to

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Don’t get me wrong, I’d take him, he’s intelligent. What you’re suggesting would rely on our wide players to also bang in goals and im not sure. I think we’d end up having to get a backup out and out goalscorer to sit on the bench like ole used to
Perhaps a back up would be required in the shorter term. With Felix my vision is more surrounding the long term shape of the team. He’s 22 and with him I feel people need to look past simple numbers and look at the tools. The goals will come.

I also think Rashford is a goalscoring wide forward, and with the runs he makes, I reckon he could be devastating from the left with Felix central finding him. I still see Rashford as an 18+ goal forward and expect him to achieve that this season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Yes please.

As you can see, the goals he scores are very much striker goals typically. Not the ‘scorer of great goals’ type you might expect from a player like him. He scores the goals in situations you would want a striker to score. Tap ins, good 18 yard box finishes, headers. He’s actually pretty decent in the air.

Hughes35

Very good player but I don't think there will be any legs in this rumour.

Can't see why he'd come here, can't see why they'd let him go and he'd be hugely expensive.

If they're desperate to sell I'd take him for 50-60Mill.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
He is a very good and skillful player, but he is best in a free role behind a striker, where he can float around, sometimes dropping deep, while also being able to make runs past the CF. He can't play as #9. United lack a proper CF, that he could play around, while also having already Bruno as a #10. Makes no sense for United.

He is similar to James 7-10 years ago, without the crazy shot, but a few more twists and turns. If he really wants to play be a key player for a top team, he has to be more impactful.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A flair player playing upfront for Diego Simeone is a hard task.

Partridge

Cannot see it happening myself. Probably too expensive. I can see them asking 100 million.(100 million or we'll take him to sky) If we get FDJ, remaining money will go on other positions.

STYLOISRED

If ONLY Athletico had bought him for something like €80mil, i would have had hope that we could get him for something like 65m rising to 85/90m in add-ons but dey stupidly paid his release clause. No way are they selling for anything less than €80m
Edit: By the way, i think he would be perfect for us. Can play in multiple positions across the front line so could start on the wings and as Cover to CR7. Taking over the CF spot when CR7 leaves while we go for Antony next summer if he continues improving. A man can dream.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Has he signed a new contract? His original one shouldn't have long left.