Joao Felix

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Great Video probably the best one In this thread in terms of showing this kids full quality.

AaronRedDevil

There's no way he's coming to United. Seems like a brilliant buy whoever gets him.

SportingCP96

Supports
Benfica debuted yet another young kid vs Galatasaray away his name is Florentino and that his has a monstrous game.... God this makes me look at Sporting and ask WTF happened.

The kid is like a Pogba/Vieira hybrid.

izec

It is hard to compare him to a past or current player. Watched that scoutnation video and there isnt a player i would compare him too. His technical level is high, really impressive. He needs to make a wise choice in the next years to which club and when he moves. If he can find a club with a system that suits him perfectly, he will be great.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He still has a lot to learn. Far away from the level of Sancho, Vinicius, Havertz or others. I suspect he isn't even the best portuguese player born in 99 but in 1 or 2 years we will se who was right. He has to learn, also Gestifute or Benfica making less propaganda will help him too.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Barca is covered in attack. If they will buy someone for huge money it is striker. Real the same. Bayern maybe but i doubt that they would spend 100 mil on a kid. And they have couple of young wingers already. Juve would give 100 mil for instant quality. For a young player, no way. Psg has FFP issues. City the same. Chelsea just bought Pulisic. So it is Liverpool or us.
Well i think that we can pay more than Liverpool.:wenger:

Edit; but 80-100 mil? Any club who give that is crazy

Welbeckham

Benfica debuted yet another young kid vs Galatasaray away his name is Florentino and that his has a monstrous game.... God this makes me look at Sporting and ask WTF happened.

The kid is like a Pogba/Vieira hybrid.
Him, João Filipe, Vinagre, Quina all looked like very potential prospects in EURO under-19 last summer, and there were other good players in that team too. Hard to predict their career though before seeing them play some league football. As for Joao Felix, I doubt there are more talented Portuguese players in his age group. Looks brilliant.

SportingCP96

Supports
Him, João Filipe, Vinagre, Quina all looked like very potential prospects in EURO under-19 last summer, and there were other good players in that team too. Hard to predict their career though before seeing them play some league football. As for Joao Felix, I doubt there are more talented Portuguese players in his age group. Looks brilliant.
Rafael Leao is up there with him though very different players and positions.

SparkedIntoLife

Great Video probably the best one In this thread in terms of showing this kids full quality.

He looks immense and nice to have a YouTube scouting video where the music is at least listenable, for a change. I was really struck by Felix's composure, innate spatial awareness and ability to make decisions before he's received the ball. He also showed pace, grit to win the ball back and excellent finishing.

I don't think he's the right fit for us though. He looks best as a number 10. He can drift but is so good centrally. We don't really play with a conventional number 10 but have Pogba best operating in those spaces. The only position he might flourish in is the sort of false 9 role Lingard features in occasionally under Solskjaer but I'm not sure that system gets the best out of both Rashford and Martial (it only suits one or the other in terms of balance). Benfica would demand no less than the £105m buyout clause so I'm not sure it'd be a wise buy for the price and system suitability, though this player looks like he will be an elite talent for many years to come.

SportingCP96

Supports
He looks immense and nice to have a YouTube scouting video where the music is at least listenable, for a change. I was really struck by Felix's composure, innate spatial awareness and ability to make decisions before he's received the ball. He also showed pace, grit to win the ball back and excellent finishing.

I don't think he's the right fit for us though. He looks best as a number 10. He can drift but is so good centrally. We don't really play with a conventional number 10 but have Pogba best operating in those spaces. The only position he might flourish in is the sort of false 9 role Lingard features in occasionally under Solskjaer but I'm not sure that system gets the best out of both Rashford and Martial (it only suits one or the other in terms of balance). Benfica would demand no less than the £105m buyout clause so I'm not sure it'd be a wise buy for the price and system suitability, though this player looks like he will be an elite talent for many years to come.
In England it is between him and Liverpool. Though I won't deny that he looks like he would fit like a glove in Manchester City in about 2 years time.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

I already said the same here. More a 9,5 if you want my opinion. The way United plays doesn't look necessary a type of player like this for me.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

He would from what i have seen in that video (I have not watched him a whole match, so i am still unsure.) slot into Lingarrds role.

AaronRedDevil

Exactly. Seems like United hire scouts just for the sake of it. We let Neves go to Wolves for peanuts.
They rarely seem to buy a Player right before they get expensive. Like Martial kinda looks like a steal now at least.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The problem isn't the scouts.

Does anyone believe Manchester United scouts don't know this players since they are 16,17 or younger?

Sometimes is related with them wanting to see how they react if they are hired by weaker clubs on stronger leagues, agents, the problem of inflated fees where this days looks normal clubs from Brazil, Netherlands or Portugal starting to demand a shitload of money for English clubs or Top Champions League clubs related with any sort of talent.

They need to be carefull when they make this decisions. It can go Renato Sanches or Vinicius. Better for Dortmund if goes like Sancho. The Wolves case is simple. Jorge Mendes wanting is players to be shown on the English market.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Exactly. Seems like United hire scouts just for the sake of it. We let Neves go to Wolves for peanuts.
You dont know how a player will actually turn out. Look at Depay for example. Now imagine spunking 100 million on a player that turns out to be rubbish. You dont know his mentality. Can he handle pressure? Can he handle Old Trafford in a semi final of the Champions League.

It is safer to just let them go to Dortmund or Porto or whomever, see how they perform and then break the bank for them.

Aloysius's Back 3

Is this guy meant to be a forward in his prime or a midfielder or an attacking midfielder?

I watch his passing and I do wish that one day he drops in and plays deeper.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It's totally okay that Benfica will want 100m for him in the future.....another impressive performance :eek:
Calm down it was against Chaves. But I get you. Even being from a rival I agree he has the tools to become a great player. Another thing is that sum of money. Of course when you see the money paid for De Jong who is 2 years older I don’t know what money means on current football transfers.

SportingCP96

Supports
Im lost for words. I hate it because I am jealous that they have such a talent. The reception for the first goal and the pass for the Jonas goal. Also his run and finish for his goal. The kid is 18 ffs.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Im lost for words. I hate it because I am jealous that they have such a talent. The reception for the first goal and the pass for the Jonas goal. Also his run and finish for his goal. The kid is 18 ffs.
Will be 20 this year. Born in 99.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Calm down it was against Chaves. But I get you. Even being from a rival I agree he has the tools to become a great player. Another thing is that sum of money. Of course when you see the money paid for De Jong who is 2 years older I don’t know what money means on current football transfers.
Like said "In the future" ;).....yes it was only against Chaves but that was the case for his team-mates too.....i saw now enough of him in the last two years (First-team, UEFA-Youth League and Portugal U-teams) that i would say a club must and will pay so much money for him.

But i hope for the Benfica fans and for the portuguese football that he stays at Benfica for a couple of years.