Joao Felix

jamesjimmybyrondean

Yes. We need better footballers, and he absolutely is just that. We don't even need an out and out goalscorer in my opinion, JF would get enough through the middle AND be a great foil to our inverted wingers, who will score lots of goals. Look at the positions WW takes up, he's a foil for others but unfortunately he's quite average and misses big chances.
Rashford and?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's like wanting a sane Mitrovic, a lightning fast Jorginho or a clinical Timo Werner.
Yeah I know. But you know what I mean. Martial when he’s available can play with his back to goal and do a lot of Cf things which is why ETH is showing so much patience with him. I don’t think he has a future with us given his ridiculous injury record but for me very few teams can pull off the false 9 thing and Felix up top is really just that.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Antony and Sancho have scored 3 and 4 goals in the league respectively. We need an out and out goalscorer
Is there many consistent goal scoring RW’s out there? I’m struggling. Antony and Sancho will come good and should be looking at at least 10 for a good season. You’re right you definitely need a striker. Your 20 goals behind the top 2, who knows how much better off you would be with that top CF.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Impressive to be that much better than all of the other players on his team. Really think he would be a good fit for Man Utd. Not sure if possible.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Impressive to be that much better than all of the other players on his team. Really think he would be a good fit for Man Utd. Not sure if possible.
Where do you see him fitting? I personally think if he improves his finishing, he'd be the perfect striker for us

Pickle85

Very easy on the eye, the way he plays, but too often has little impact imo.

Chief123

Where do you see him fitting? I personally think if he improves his finishing, he'd be the perfect striker for us
He’ll never be a striker. Doesn’t have the instinct or the prolific nature.

He’s clearly a talent but he’s just doing what he’s always done. I’ve said it before. He’s involved in everything that leads to nothing. It’s the reason why he has so many admirers despite underwhelming stats and productivity each season.

BerryBerryShrew

He’s involved in everything that leads to nothing. It’s the reason why he has so many admirers despite underwhelming stats and productivity each season.
He's pretty similar to Kaka but without any physical strength or killer instinct. I love watching him, but he's the sort of guy that you bring on when you are a goal down with a half hour on the clock to see if he can conjure something out of nothing when all other options are exhausted. Unless he ups his productivity drastically, he doesn't fit in to the starting 11 of any top side.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Besides Felix own flaws as a player, why on earth go to Chelsea?

Its the graveyard of attackers, very few actually succeed on an individual level there.

mu4c_20le

Besides Felix own flaws as a player, why on earth go to Chelsea?

Its the graveyard of attackers, very few actually succeed on an individual level there.
Probably because no one was wiling to pay up, so it was Chelsea or stay with meanie Simeone.

I think he would look much better at a team with a system in place, like Arsenal. He'd be a classier Trossard, with more goals.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Why i will always rate consistency over technical ability.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Probably because no one was wiling to pay up, so it was Chelsea or stay with meanie Simeone.

I think he would look much better at a team with a system in place, like Arsenal. He'd be a classier Trossard, with more goals.
He never proves that anywhere he plays however. Trossard's output so far for arsenal has been brilliant..

Irrational.

I still consider him to be an AM who can play in any of the forward positions more than a striker. If there is any chance of getting him for a reasonable fee in the summer I would be keen. He could cover for Rashford, Bruno and easily replace any of our right wingers.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I think he is pretty much perfect for the strikerrole EtH has used Weghorst for. Changing between 9 and 10. Excellent hold up and link up. Like a more talented Firmino at Liverpool. Huge potential.

I think the benefit of that is that we get to use Rashford (and maybe even Garnacho) as a «in behind striker». I dont think Rashford is well suited as a centre forward as his hold up and link up play is not good and he struggles with his back to goal. But he is not really a classic winger either.

I guess the counter argument is that it raises a question about where that leaves Bruno. But Bruno is not really a focal point in attack either. And I think that is why EtH has used Weghorst as a ten multiple times.

Like you say, if Felix finishing improves, he would look really, really good. And I think the finishing part is just about consistency and game time. He has a great shot and is a really good header of the ball. When he broke through at Benfica, his finishing was really highly rated.

Seij

He looks very threatening on attacks. Too bad for him he's playing under Graham Potter. I think he would've done well here under ETH.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He should have been signed over Weghorst even if the loan details were silly.
Exactly.
Even if Felix is not a ST, he would still be more impactful than Weghorst, more skillful, more talented and with a possibility of improvement. Also it would have been a good indication if he would make a good future transfer or not, without paying crazy money.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Luxury player. Would be excellent back in the day for one of the Joga bonito adverts.

cyberman

A dud. The worst deal in the history of football it’s been so outrageous

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Exactly.
Even if Felix is not a ST, he would still be more impactful than Weghorst, more skillful, more talented and with a possibility of improvement. Also it would have been a good indication if he would make a good future transfer or not, without paying crazy money.
It’s obvious to everyone that you wanted Felix and not the Aldi Peter Crouch. For a start you have played him out of position in a 10 at times and your biggest threat is Rashford, he could have easily dropped deeper to accentuate Rashfords threat much like Firmino did for the bin dippers. He may have even scored for you, right now he has the Havertz virus of being lackluster.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Not judging anyone at Chelsea atm as it's a shitshow. Both him and that team can play miles better. You know it is bad when every player looks worse and worse as the season goes.

However, has only himself to blame for ending up there. First Atletico and Simeone, next Boehly comedy show.

Lecland07

Flatters to deceive. He has always done this over the years.

He just isn't that good. He can look fancy etc. but is a player who is pretty easy to stop, to be honest.

He is pretty much Weghorst output but with some dribbling thrown in.

Last edited:

Donut

I don’t know, maybe he just doesn’t have the physical attributes.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I reckon his career will see him back in Portugal in a couple of years

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Stick him in a really good attacking side and he'd shine I reckon.

I think it's gone under the radar but I can tell you all that Chelsea haven't really been playing well for a while now.

MalaysianRed7

It’s obvious to everyone that you wanted Felix and not the Aldi Peter Crouch. For a start you have played him out of position in a 10 at times and your biggest threat is Rashford, he could have easily dropped deeper to accentuate Rashfords threat much like Firmino did for the bin dippers. He may have even scored for you, right now he has the Havertz virus of being lackluster.
It’s not a massive achievement to be better than Weghorst. I imagine Ten Hag would have gotten more out of Felix than Potter, but he just doesn’t seem right for this league. You just don’t get the time that Felix needs to work his magic.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I reckon his career will see him back in Portugal in a couple of years
It'll be for the best, left too soon. Atletico was a terrible career move.

Not sure what his best position is and he doesn't have an end product very often.

He didn't develop properly, could have been a much better player.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Stick him in a really good attacking side and he'd shine I reckon.

I think it's gone under the radar but I can tell you all that Chelsea haven't really been playing well for a while now.
Yes would've been ideal for Arsenal but they picked up Trossard instead who's chipped in with some important goals.