Joao Felix

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Could someone please explain what "cut across" means?
Instead of dribbling wide and away from the trailing CB, Felix should have interrupted Militao's momentum by cutting back centrally. Militao either then gets a red card if he makes any contact with Felix or it's a much better goal-scoring opportunity since the angle is better and Militao can't really make a challenge.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Run across the defender rather than running in a straight line. It forces the defender to either foul you or slow down a step to avoid fouling you.
Instead of dribbling wide and away from the trailing CB, Felix should have interrupted Militao's momentum by cutting back centrally. Militao either then gets a red card if he makes any contact with Felix or it's a much better goal-scoring opportunity since the angle is better and Militao can't really make a challenge.
Thanks!

STYLOISRED

His loan at Chelsea has been absolute waste for everybody ( except ATM ofcourse). Nobody knows if he can be productive enough in the Premier league Because the team has been so bad. The general form of the team hasn't helped him build any form of confidence either. And it's not like Chelsea are even sure of signing him fully. At Manchester or Arsenal his contribution would have been much clearer.

Strootman's Finger

I just don't get it with this guy. He had a flash in the pan great season in a farmers league when he was a kid and now for the last 5 years we've had to pretend like he's some supremely talented footballer while continually making excuses for why no one actually ever sees that.

Chief123

As sexy as he looks to the eye, I’ve said it before….he’s involved in everything that leads to nothing. You can see why he has underwhelming stats throughout his career and been unable to get fixed position in a starting lineup.

As stupid as Chelsea have been, I don’t see them going in for him on a permanent deal.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Atletico will most likely try to sell him in the summer, but god knows who will spend that much money on him.

bringbackbebe

Atletico will most likely try to sell him in the summer, but god knows who will spend that much money on him.
Last I read, he's impressed Boehly enough that Chelsea are planning a 100m bid with a 12 year contract offering. He's definitely part of their "long term vision".

Lecland07

His loan at Chelsea has been absolute waste for everybody ( except ATM ofcourse). Nobody knows if he can be productive enough in the Premier league Because the team has been so bad. The general form of the team hasn't helped him build any form of confidence either. And it's not like Chelsea are even sure of signing him fully. At Manchester or Arsenal his contribution would have been much clearer.
Actually, Chelsea have made quite a lot of chances. That isn't really the problem; the problem is that they don't score and Felix is a massive part of that. He has missed a lot of great chances since he has been there.

Chief123

Last I read, he's impressed Boehly enough that Chelsea are planning a 100m bid with a 12 year contract offering. He's definitely part of their "long term vision".
I remember when Potter and his Brighton family were part of their long term vision too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would like to see him in a better team. Lon hasn’t worked out but I still think his quality is obvious. He’s made poor career choices since Benfica IMO.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Would like to see him in a better team. Lon hasn’t worked out but I still think his quality is obvious. He’s made poor career choices since Benfica IMO.
Or maybe he's made very good career choices so the myth lives on that Felix is a world class talent that is just constantly let down by his team.

At least now people still keep making excuses for him but put him in a functioning team and the excuses will very quickly run out if he still keeps on making the same amateur mistakes on the pitch when it matters the most and he gets dropped for other players who can do the job better.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He’s just not that good. Great technical ability but a dud in the attacking third which makes him a luxury player. Glad we didn’t sign him.

Infra-red

It would remarkable if Chelsea choose to spend £80m+ on him this summer. Pretty clear that he hasn't passed this job interview.

flappyjay

Nah its him. I have seen him a few times for Chelsea. His football iq is lower than expected. I have never seen a player make so many consecutive bad choices on a football pitch. Maybe the penny will drop for him at some point and he will figure it out.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Send him packing. We already have a neat, aesthetically pleasing waster in Havertz. I have no appetite for another. I could just about stomach another loan to see how he fares under Luis Enrique, but honestly, I would rather just send him back and move on. Let Atleti find some other sucker to help them recoup the 120m they spent on him.

Infra-red

Send him packing. We already have a neat, aesthetically pleasing waster in Havertz. I have no appetite for another. I could just about stomach another loan to see how he fares under Luis Enrique, but honestly, I would rather just send him back and move on. Let Atleti find some other sucker to help them recoup the 120m they spent on him.
Is Enrique the most likely option at this stage? I'd guess Felix might fare slightly better under his tutelage than the other candidates who have been spoken about.

In general though, it is very hard to see why Chelsea would keep Felix around, given the exorbitant transfer fees likely involved. He's just not very effective, is he.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Is Enrique the most likely option at this stage? I'd guess Felix might fare slightly better under his tutelage than the other candidates who have been spoken about.

In general though, it is very hard to see why Chelsea would keep Felix around, given the exorbitant transfer fees likely involved. He's just not very effective, is he.
No idea. It seemed that way at one point but the sporting directors were supposedly in Germany this week speaking with Nagelsmann and trying to engage with Bayern to see what it would take for them to release him for his contract.

Felix makes the wrong the decision more often than not. No point being great technically and being a good dribbler if you feck up the final pass most of the time. That neat little dribble he did near the end of the game summed him up perfectly - great feet, nice trickery and pace to get past his defender then ignore Havertz's run through on goal and then inexplicably lose the ball for no reason. In a more settled team with a more coherent attacking coaching he could in theory flourish but I feel like everything about him so far in his career has been 'in theory'.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
It would remarkable if Chelsea choose to spend £80m+ on him this summer. Pretty clear that he hasn't passed this job interview.
Yeah definitely not done anything to justify that kind of spending. He's clearly a talented player but right now that's about it and there's very little end product. He's been around the top level game for almost five years now and is still basically the same player he was at 18.

At the age of 23 he's still reasonably young enough that it's possible he'll finally click and good things will start happening for him but the time for that final breakthrough is quickly running out. If he doesn't kick on in the next 1-2 years then he likely never will because players like him don't peak late into their careers.

The situation with Felix and Chelsea is a tricky one. On one hand I'd be very inclined to send him on the first flight back to Madrid when the season is over but a part of me would be open to a full season loan (including option to buy) to see how he does under the next manager. If another loan can be done then it's something I would definitely consider if the next coach fancies giving him a tryout but if a permanent deal at £80M+ is what Atletico are demanding then it's a firm feck no from me.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah definitely not done anything to justify that kind of spending. He's clearly a talented player but right now that's about it and there's very little end product. He's been around the top level game for almost five years now and is still basically the same player he was at 18.

At the age of 23 he's still reasonably young enough that it's possible he'll finally click and good things will start happening for him but the time for that final breakthrough is quickly running out. If he doesn't kick on in the next 1-2 years then he likely never will because players like him don't peak late into their careers.

The situation with Felix and Chelsea is a tricky one. On one hand I'd be very inclined to send him on the first flight back to Madrid when the season is over but a part of me would be open to a full season loan (including option to buy) to see how he does under the next manager. If another loan can be done then it's something I would definitely consider if the next coach fancies giving him a tryout but if a permanent deal at £80M+ is what Atletico are demanding then it's a firm feck no from me.
If we did loan him for another season we would need to ship off Havertz. It’s literally pointless having both. They both have no clearly defined position or role and they both can’t score for shit. Felix is slightly better but being just slightly better isn’t worth investing in.

Mainoldo

:lol: :lol: I felt the pain in that post. But I fully agree with you.

I was a big supporter of Joao Felix. But I’m fed up of these ‘young starlets’ blaming their surroundings for them not being able to produce. It’s not like Benfica had the perfect set up at the time whilst he was generating noise…

At the end of the day it’s up to the player to figure it out and deliver.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Or maybe he's made very good career choices so the myth lives on that Felix is a world class talent that is just constantly let down by his team.

At least now people still keep making excuses for him but put him in a functioning team and the excuses will very quickly run out if he still keeps on making the same amateur mistakes on the pitch when it matters the most and he gets dropped for other players who can do the job better.
And the rest of them? Or is it that Chelsea simply don’t have one good player in their squad?

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
And the rest of them? Or is it that Chelsea simply don’t have one good player in their squad?
Did I say that?

We have lots of players who I rate and who I think can be very useful under the right manager. Could make use with a new top striker and perhaps a long term midfield partner for Enzo but otherwise I think we're set with the players who are still going to be at the club after the coming clearout and the additions we already have lined up to come in the summer (Nkunku, Gusto and Colwill).

Whether Felix is better or worse than some of our other current players is besides the point because the others are already full time squad members and Felix is only a loanee who we would need to buy so the criteria to judge them is very different. The comparison is not so much 'Felix vs other Chelsea players' but rather 'Felix vs any other available attacker in the world' when we're talking about the kind of money it would take to sign him.

Like I said in my other post I do think Felix is a talented player and I wouldn't be totally against another loan deal (with a buy option this time) if that's something Atletico might be open to but so far I haven't seen anything to convince me spending £80-90M to sign him would be a good idea.

Idxomer

He's weirdly selfish when he should be really playing more like Martial who's always looking to link with his teammates.

Donut

This loan really hasn’t worked out after looking promising at first. They probably aren’t going to sign him?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Atletico are banging goals in for fun since he's joined us.

He's been absolutely woeful in general for us. Coming on for the last 10 and scoring a a goal against an overachieving team of championship quality today aside.

There's a good reason why Simeone wanted him out, fancy player who flatters to deceive with zero end product 95% of the time. We should send him back to Atletico first class ticket and never look back!

Apokalips

I think I mentioned it when we were linked with him, he averages about 5 goals a season, which is pants for a 'striker'.
Yeah but he had a couple of good performances against us and can look silky. Similar to how everyone wanted Saul who was dining out on his goal vs Bayern amongst our fanbase for years.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
My contacts are suggesting another loan next season.
Interesting. Nkunku is coming in to start you suspect and he's shown in Bundesliga he can hit 15 +. Mydryk needs endless starts to justify his starting place, not sure who'd be interested in Sterling after his indifferent season and coming up to 30 so can't see Chelsea getting too much back on him.

Guess Havertz will be sacrificed if there's decent options but Felix returning and it seems all a bit samey and actually really tough to keep so many similar players happy if you get Man. City early in the cups again and are effectively playing a 40 game season.

Broja will be over his injury aswell although perhaps he'll go out on loan as that's a big gamble if he's getting a serious run at CF coming off an ACL.

See what the squad building is like but no need to bloat it like you're playing three times a week as for half of the season you simply won't be.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Atletico are banging goals in for fun since he's joined us.

He's been absolutely woeful in general for us. Coming on for the last 10 and scoring a a goal against an overachieving team of championship quality today aside.

There's a good reason why Simeone wanted him out, fancy player who flatters to deceive with zero end product 95% of the time. We should send him back to Atletico first class ticket and never look back!
I actually think his profile would suit Arsenal much more. In a confident team he'd probably have had similar impact to what Trossard has produced in his subs and starts.

Could also be offered to Newcastle as he'd offer them something different in final third to Isak/Wilson. We also made an enquiry in January but were told he was only interested in playing in CL.

Uncle Jorge will probably have the A-Z of Wolverhampton out as we speak though. :lol:

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
He is a fraud. Bojan MK 2

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
:lol:

It reminded me of this absolute gem

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Does anyone still want him at Utd?

Do Chelsea fans want to keep him?
I’d say most Chelsea fans do not want to keep him, especially with how much we know he’s going to cost but there are a lot who think he can be good for us under Poch.

Mailo

Such a classy player. Would be great for us. Technical, highly intelligent and a deadly finisher.