Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wing Attack Plan R

Does Murtough have a secret girlfriend in Madrid, or something like that? All these trips to Spain on the company dime are just him knocking boots with some hot Chica? “Sure, looking at signing insanely expensive players with zero interest in United, going to need another weekend in a 5-star Madrid hotel.”

Godfather

Why are we doing this to ourselves. Last minute attempts at impossible players?
To show the fans intent and desire. Don't think even Murthough himself, as clueless as he is, truly believes we have a chance at landing the likes of Casemiro or Felix.
This is getting ridiculous.

largelyworried

Christ this is ridiculous. Strongly reminiscent of the Moyes transfer window when we were linked with a new random name every day only to end up with Fellaini.

Woodzy

Christ this is ridiculous. Strongly reminiscent of the Moyes transfer window when we were linked with a new random name every day only to end up with Fellaini.
It’s worse. The Moyes window had us linked with names much earlier in the season and the club had the reputation to pull them off, just not the management.

This window we have no pulling power but seemingly insist on trying anyway after a month of not doing anything.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's 2 things, either our transfer "team" is full of ITKs and genuises of pulling off transfers out of nowhere or they're trying to fools the opinion of fans in the worst possible manner.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It’s worse. The Moyes window had us linked with names much earlier in the season and the club had the reputation to pull them off, just not the management.

This window we have no pulling power but seemingly insist on trying anyway after a month of not doing anything.
Its worse because during Moyes era we had just lost Gill and SAF. Now we have Arnold and Adnan's man Jon Murtough at the wheel, who were supposed to know what they are doing.

AndySmith1990

It's 2 things, either our transfer "team" is full of ITKs and genuises of pulling off transfers out of nowhere or they're trying to fools the opinion of fans in the worst possible manner.
Think they are simply morons winging it by the day and chancing their luck in the hope they fluke their way to a good signing

Reyoji-Utd

Whats with the usual sound out players about their desire before we make any attempt to the clubs about bid?

They are the pro here and if true, making these mistakes of going in without sounding out the players desire is truely ridiculous.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think we’re entirely reliant on agents and intermediaries coming to us offering players. As such we have this mad scramble where every day we’re linked to someone else.

captaincantona

I think we’re entirely reliant on agents and intermediaries coming to us offering players. As such we have this mad scramble where every day we’re linked to someone else.
Exactly, and of course the agents have more than one reason for getting their players names linked to a potential move to Man Utd. Of course this doesn’t happen if we have our own targets sounded out long in advance. We are a complete mess

Bondi77

Give a blind man a machine gun and he will eventually hit the target!

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Are we still living in an era where the 'it could actually just be made up' option isn't even under consideration?

Suvvernmanc

Bringing Fellaini back in the next 15 days would probably save our window. #bringbackFellaini

Teja

I'm not sure how we're operating now, but its clear we had decent scouts at one point, they were just ignored over and over.
Yep this. I'm not convinced at all that firing Bout and Lawlor was anything more than politics.

Murtough is effectively consolidating all the power into his hands. Is that really a wise long term move for him though? I dunno.

This atleast paves the way for a proper sporting director because all you need to replace is Murtough now and it's done.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Has great potential but I'm not sure the investment will be worth it for 80mil .

Also I doubt Atletico are looking to sell considering how much the splurged on him.

Lights Out

City fans joke about the summer we signed Phil Jones and they signed Sergio Aguero.

This feels like one of those summers.

kirk buttercup

Give a blind man a machine gun and he will eventually hit the target!
It's like they are sitting up in the boardroom playing Fifa. They are playing as united and any team they play that has a good or even decent player they say " get him and his agent on the phone .... but wait ,leak it first "

LARulz

I will literally eat shit if he joins United in the next 2 weeks

If this is true we are after him, what the feck are they doing in that department? How naive are they?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This one and the Casemiro one definitely feel like the club saying 'at least we tried'

They can't behind managers anymore. The incompetence is all on them and it always was.

redcucumber

Do we know that the window has been open prior to this week?
That's the most unforgivable aspect for me. They've had plenty of time to get busy and instead we're two games down having lost and been outplayed in both, and have Liverpool on the weekend. I'd love to know what they've been up to all summer.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would be delighted. Let’s swap #7s with Atletico.

Idxomer

He signed a 7-year contract when he moved to Atletico Madrid, he isn't moving any time soon for less than 100m.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Murtough must have found something or someone in Spain when they tried for Frenkie. Any excuse to get back to the country, I reckon. Links to Benzema and Pedri in January — oh no, more business trips to discuss terms.

Bondi77

It's like they are sitting up in the boardroom playing Fifa. They are playing as united and any team they play that has a good or even decent player they say " get him and his agent on the phone .... but wait ,leak it first "
If we had our business done early than WTF would these moronic Utd YouTube channels have to talk about.
Everyone knows that Utd are the biggest gig in town and probably more so when we struggle.

Chip

Murtough must have found something or someone in Spain when they tried for Frenkie. Any excuse to get back to the country, I reckon. Links to Benzema and Pedri in January — oh no, more business trips to discuss terms.
That's the only plausible explanation :lol:

Adamsk7

What do you do when you can’t buy your top targets, can’t get the next on the list and can’t get the players that other clubs wouldn’t touch with a barge pole? That’s right, you put in speculative bids for completely unattainable players

“we did try!”

Worst transfer window of all time and yes I include Woodward/Moyes in that - at least the rest of our team was a league winning side at the time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: I like this theory

Status
Not open for further replies.