Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

caid

Surely we do?
Not necessarily. You'd hope Rashford, Bruno, Anthony and Sancho would all be in the mid teens for goals. The hope would be that a different striker would help all of them get closer to them levels. Its based on Ronaldo being an obstacle more than an asset. Its probably true in Bruno's case but on a wider level, i'm not sure. I dont think it would be harder for another player to offer more to the wider team than Ronaldo though, thats a given.
I'd be pretty keen on Van Nistelrooy if he was available. I dont think theres a player like that out there. In terms of quality i think Felix is probably the best option available with others that might fit better or might score more goals - a lukaku signing. Dont think theres any obvious candidates that tick all the boxes though.

Reyoji-Utd

Pronlem is where is the 25-30 goals player coming from. And is that player is good at other thing beside scoring goals. Because base on EtH past striker options, his strikers are more than just a scorers or target man. They providing a platform to link up and help the wide and middle attakers to score goals.
For ex. Haller, hes more than just your typical target man and pure scorers. Hes in the mold of Giroud type. Everyone want Haaland but does every team play like City that camp in the oppo half much of the match and creat loads of chances. And when teams nullifide your target man threats then what else you do to score.
Just recently, EtH describe his striker qualitiea and praise Martial, so Felix isnt that far off his preferes qualities. I rather we buy the player to link up and help the whole attack more fluid and share the goals between the frontlines rather than the typical no 9 that wont help much but stick to the middle and just there to score. He could get you 30 goals a season like Ronaldo did last season but the team as a whole will suffer and the only blame is going to the team and not the scorers. We dont want another Ronaldo when we scream to ship him out every match.

mav_9me

Whether you think he is right or not for us, this is an example of what he brings to the table

Last edited:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Whether you think he is right or not for us, this is an example of that it's brings to the table

It’s a brilliant ball and he’s a brilliant player. His quality is unquestionable in my view.

Mwooyo

He's not really a #9 is he?

Where will he play for us?
Shocks me that people still dont know about this kid. He will play for us in the number 9, basically as backup for martial.

For people happing on about his goal scoring record, he will unlock our other players scoring potential. He will basically be Gabriel Jesus or Roberto Femino for us.

His linkup play is even better than martial plus he will definitely up his goal record with us becoz athletico are super defensive. If there is a loan plus buy offer for him, we should be all in for him.

Highfather_24

Shocks me that people still dont know about this kid. He will play for us in the number 9, basically as backup for martial.

For people happing on about his goal scoring record, he will unlock our other players scoring potential. He will basically be Gabriel Jesus or Roberto Femino for us.

His linkup play is even better than martial plus he will definitely up his goal record with us becoz athletico are super defensive. If there is a loan plus buy offer for him, we should be all in for him.

Ehh, he looks more like a second striker to me. I'd rather Lautaro or Osimhen.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We aren't paying £80m+ for a back up to Martial :lol:

Mwooyo

No one said he is worth 80m and how much we spend on you shouldnt decide whether you start for us or not. The price of the player talk is why we have maguire bragging about playing for several managers even when it was clear we would never win a champions league or a premier league with maguire as first choice in defence. The only reason we persisted is because he cost 80m.
So yes, if there is a chance to sign him, he will fit Ten Hag system like a glove

Scholsey2004

No one said he is worth 80m and how much we spend on you shouldnt decide whether you start for us or not. The price of the player talk is why we have maguire bragging about playing for several managers even when it was clear we would never win a champions league or a premier league with maguire as first choice in defence. The only reason we persisted is because he cost 80m.
So yes, if there is a chance to sign him, he will fit Ten Hag system like a glove
Joao Felix cost Athletico Madrid £106m, so he's not going anywhere for chump change. And backup to Martial? Be serious.

Boondog

I love his game but he seems overpriced for what we would get when there are cheaper options we could also chase like Vlahovic or Sesko who are younger, bigger, etc. Of course I wouldn't complain if we add him.

pascell

Martial shouldn't even be at the club, never mind after next summer, he's a complete liability and needs to be moved on.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Martial shouldn't even be at the club, never mind after next summer, he's a complete liability and needs to be moved on.
Most forwards you talk about goals to games ratio, Martial its injuries to game ratio

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Felix would start ahead of Martial. Or even a way they both start.

Felix would be a starter for us. He is a special player, and I think he would cost us at least 80m, probably more. I would love him at United.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Not taking credit away from Jesus, but this Arsenal midfield is amazing. It'll perform the same even if you put Bebe there as a forward.
Yeah, but quite many games this year, Jesus has been their best player even without scoring. I’ve been really impressive with his play this season. A striker like him can be darn valuable in so many situations, without being built like say a Oliver Giroux or someone like that.

Jesus has in terms of performance level for Arsenal been comparable to what Martinez has been to us.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble

I like Felix — I think it’s ridiculous if he is assigned a 100m price tag since he has been a complete bust for AtM — but it’s no denying that the talent is there. I just think that it’s important to remember that it’s not only that he doesn’t score, his workethic hasn’t been perfect, he has been kind of soft, he hasn’t been that active with his runs etc,

With that said, I 100% agree with you on the goal scoring aspect. We are a team playing an out and out possession based football game. You have very small marginals when you do that. When it works, you will dominate anyone, like we did against Tottenham and Chelsea for example. When it doesn’t, you can be down 4-0 against Brentford after 45.

From ETHs POV — becoming good enough at winning the battle for possession of the ball in games, so that we can push back the opponents so deep that they can’t really even counter against us — is all he is worried about right now.

Once you get there, it is almost never “easy” to score goals against a really low defense. Our games against Omonia are perfect examples of that. You need to do the right things over and over again and keep faith — because if you play the percentages you will get goals sooner rather than later. But if you don’t “unlock” teams the right way, it’s very easy in football to get into trouble.

However — it’s so obvious that we as a team have not focused as much on these areas “yet” under Ten Hag. He has focused on playing up from the back, implementing his main structure for the team. I don’t at all worry — long term — about our goal scoring capabilities. It has for sure been an issue this year, but we clearly have had our focus elsewhere. Our forward line haven’t been optimized either, we have missed a lot of games from our top 4-5 attackers. Once we have a more consistent forward group and ETH has been given more time with the team, we will do a better job against those lower defenses.

Vapor trail

Good reasoning

Mwooyo

Joao Felix cost Athletico Madrid £106m, so he's not going anywhere for chump change. And backup to Martial? Be serious.
I keep seeing these weird posts that are actually not true. The price of the player should have zero basis on whether he starts for us or not. Maguire cost 80m while martinez cost 45m. We all know who should start. Mancity have either grealish or mahrez on the bench. They cost a combined 170m. Totenham have alot of new expensive players sat on the bench in richarlison and that dude from brighton. Chelsea are doing the same with someone like koulibaly or kepa regularly sitting on the bench. We should play players based on fit not price. Of course, if athletico are valuing Felix at 100m...then its a big no. I even tackled that in my original post....I said if the option of a loan to buy is there, then its a no brainer. If they are asking for 100m, then we should definitely skip him

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Joao Felix is a very expensive player that Simeone refuse to play. He's also their 5th top salaried player with 155k a week. Thus I can see them loaning him to us especially if they can add some obligation to buy clause. We'll probably get him even with a straight loan or a right to buy option as well as long as we play him thus showcasing his talent + optional buying clause is set high. Regarding Mendes don't worry too much about him.

A- He's got more IQ them Mino Raiola. That means he won't be burning bridges with top clubs for some washed up 37 year old who hasn't realised that he's finished at top level.
B- It seems that Ronaldo made the interview behind Mendes back. That must have irked the agent as it made it almost impossible to place Ronaldo to a solid club in Europe.
C- If he manages to place Joao Felix at a top club then he'll have more time to wheel and deal in summer.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He's another to the list of second strikers - one of the easiest positions in football for an attacking player, some great players who made careers there or made world believe they were world class for some time - Griezmann, Muller, D.Alli, Lingard..

I mean we are in a need of a no 9, not him, not that he wouldnt bring quality into our team, but we already have Bruno there anyway and need a player to fix the hole there.

dinostar77

Could you imagine? Hi joao felix come to utd to be a backup to martial :lol:

If he comes hes a starter and you build you attack around him.

Martial would be the backup.

Shai-Hulud

While he's quite brilliant, this guy can't hold up the ball as a 9 afaik? So spending a crazy amount on him would not be the wisest thing unless someone invents a way for Martial to stay fit all season long. A real 9 is what we need atm.

Rolaholic

Hmm...

Should offer them Ronaldo as a sweetener to get them to agree on a loan to buy deal

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’d take him on loan, no obligation. Not sure why Atletico would agree to it though.

davidmichael

Hmm...

Should offer them Ronaldo as a sweetener to get them to agree on a loan to buy deal
This is as good of a deal as we could ask for, I think he’d thrive under ETH and would want to prove a point so us paying his wages for 6 months and getting Ronaldo off the books is a must in my eyes.

thomas porter

I think he'd fit eth's system so well and Athletico may be ready to cash in based on form and his lack of playing time. I've also read Athletico are in the middle of some serious financial issues so if we could get him on loan or for 70m we have to pull the trigger.

Murray3007

he's certainly a top talent, would he score enough goals at CF/F9 for us would be the question, always a bit hard to judge a striker at Atletico just now due to the way they play, did read they are maybe interested in a loan deal which would be a good chance for the club to look at him closely with a option of a fee involved, cant imagine anyone is paying anything close to what they paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.