Jobe Bellingham - Birmingham City

Apokalips

Umpteenth time I've heard the younger brother is better than the popular older brother.

Jordan was supposed to be better than Romelu Lukaku, Thorgan was supposed to be better than Eden Hazard and Felix was supposed to be better than Toni Kroos.
True, but sometimes it is true as mentioned by others in here. New example, Yaya vs Kolo.

Classical Mechanic

Lost the Syrenka Cup final so symmetry denied. Holland won 3-2 and we easily the better side. Emre Tezgal won player of the tournament. Looks an excellent finisher.

Drainy

I wonder if Birmingham will retire his shirt number too
Suppose it would depend if he signs a professional contract to transfer for a full fee or leaves for £250k compensation and pockets a bonus.

For a skint club Jude Bellingham making that show of loyalty deserves recognition so far play really, in my opinion.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Apparently the better player though :lol: :lol: :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Parents missed a golden opportunity by not spelling it Gob.

edit: wait this thread is old and I already mentioned this one page 1. Oh well, at least I'm consistent in not being funny.

Champ

Sure. He may still be the bigger talent, development is rarely linear.
Yup, but currently he isn't, so people claiming he is the better player are massively misplaced as it stands.
At the same age Jude was starting for Dortmund, big difference.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Yup, but currently he isn't, so people claiming he is the better player are massively misplaced as it stands.
At the same age Jude was starting for Dortmund, big difference.
Who’s claiming he is currently a better player? Only seen you laugh at that argument that no-one has made.

Edit: Saw one poster say ”Heard people claim he was better than Jude” in regards to him making the Birmingham bench at 15. Probably meaning that some people think he was better at that age than Jude.

Last edited:

Champ

Who’s claiming he is currently a better player? Only seen you laugh at that argument that no-one has made.
Read the thread mate, lots of people have mentioned that apparently Jobe is better of the two according to other people opinions.

top1whoisman

Scout
Read the thread mate, lots of people have mentioned that apparently Jobe is better of the two according to other people opinions.
Read through the thread. You’re spouting bs.

One person said ”I read a while back Birmingham fans saying Jobe was the better player.”

And then there’s the answer to your post about the same exact thing, saying:

Played better at the same age groups in the academy.
…which is exactly what I said.

Champ

Read through the thread. You’re spouting bs.

One person said ”I read a while back Birmingham fans saying Jobe was the better player.”

And then there’s the answer to your post about the same exact thing, saying:

…which is exactly what I said.
There's at least four or five posts stating people believe Jobs to be the better player.

He's is now at the same age as Jude was when he went to Dortmund, Jobe is now at Sunderland.

Could Jobe become better? For sure he could. But currently his trajectory is behind that of his brother. Difficult to see how he can be the better player.

But whatever.

top1whoisman

Scout
There's at least four or five posts stating people believe Jobs to be the better player.

He's is now at the same age as Jude was when he went to Dortmund, Jobe is now at Sunderland.

Could Jobe become better? For sure he could. But currently his trajectory is behind that of his brother. Difficult to see how he can be the better player.

But whatever.
Okay. Maybe we’re reading different threads. Read every post in the thread.

SparkedIntoLife

Probably going there because the former Birmingham Academy Director Kristjaan Speakman is now at Sunderland as their Sporting Director. No idea how good he is. Will be (unfairly) compared against his brother who, IMHO, is the best English prospect since Rooney.

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
Then again he’s only 17. Who knows how good he’ll be when he’s 20.
Better than now in all likelyhood, but also very, very unlikely he'll be at or above Jude's current level.

Jude had played 46 games in his first season at Dortmund when he was the age Jobe is right now (1 month shy of 18).

Abraxas

He became pretty decent on FM, I think. Not as good as Jude but he was a man for every occasion with rounded attributes.