Joe Gomez

Nick7

Not a right back for me. Good prospect at centre back but he needs a lot of protection to play there and learn the game. Should get a loan with a view to playing centre back imo.

Robbie Boy

To be fair your's was the first post in a couple of months.
Which is why I asked. I remembered some of the extremely complimentary comments in here so just wanted see what people thought. I know my mate isn't a fan whatsoever, but different strokes and all that lark....

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He is too rash right now. Couple of times he completely sold himself, even on the halfway line. I have no doubt he will become decent, little bit like Holding in the development stage. Big jump from lower leagues to PL top 4 contenders and being a bit found out at the minute. He'll learn - not exactly who from at that Liverpool side mind you.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's been brilliant so far this season. Finally been moved to CB and is beginning to reach his potential... distribution is improving all the time.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He’s very composed on the ball. I noticed a few times yesterday where he intercepted the ball and was able to comfortably dribble past someone before playing it forward.

He’s definitely got more to his game than Lovren and Matip.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Whisper it, but this kid looks like he'll go on to the next big thing. He's actually outperforming big virge at times. Amazing talent.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Whisper it, but this kid looks like he'll go on to the next big thing. He's actually outperforming big virge at times. Amazing talent.
Looks better suited to CB than he does playing at RB. I think his instincts are off when he's moved out wide.

He's been great this season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Looks better suited to CB than he does playing at RB. I think his instincts are off when he's moved out wide.

He's been great this season.
He is a CB primarily, physically he's a beast though, so can easily play RB. Him and VVD is a superb pairing.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Well on his way to being the best English CB. Best part is with him and VVD theres no way we'll ever be done for pace.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Was accused of overhyping the kid in page 1 - but I agree, excellent talent and even his ball playing seems to be coming along - he’s further forward than VVD at times.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

Could've been worse but that's still frustrating considering how well he's been playing. Matip/Lovren with Van Dijk for the next 6 weeks it is then.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Can't really blame Klop for complaining! Bad injury. The rules for tackling arn't enforced properly in the premier league. Teams are allowed to make up for being poor technically with physicality. Put Burnley in La Liga and they'd get a record number of red cards. No surprise that's what happened against Olympiacos in the EL this season.

This should be a red card. Endangering the safety of the player. Doesn't matter if he gets the ball it's dangerous.

Hopefully VAR will help. It's also a big reason the most technical footballers rarely come here, why the lower teams are dreadful in Europe and why no English referees were at the world cup. Second rate.

AlwaysRed66

Can't really blame Klop for complaining! Bad injury. The rules for tackling arn't enforced properly in the premier league. Teams are allowed to make up for being poor technically with physicality. Put Burnley in La Liga and they'd get a record number of red cards. No surprise that's what happened against Olympiacos in the EL this season.

This should be a red card. Endangering the safety of the player. Doesn't matter if he gets the ball it's dangerous.

Hopefully VAR will help. It's also a big reason the most technical footballers rarely come here, why the lower teams are dreadful in Europe and why no English referees were at the world cup. Second rate.
Yes, it would confirm it was a very good tackle from Mee. This picture doesn't show the incident at all well, & looking at that it looks horrendous, but when you see the video action Mee clearly gets the ball which is long gone by the time Gomez goes down. Just because the demented German clown thinks it is a red card doesn't mean it actually is.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yes, it would confirm it was a very good tackle from Mee. This picture doesn't show the incident at all well, & looking at that it looks horrendous, but when you see the video action Mee clearly gets the ball which is long gone by the time Gomez goes down. Just because the demented German clown thinks it is a red card doesn't mean it actually is.
Clearly getting the ball doesn't mean it can't be a foul though, does it? Players can still be sent off for tackles where the ball is played first.

Not that I'm saying that this was a red card, just that playing the ball first isn't much of a reason for it not to be.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Agreed. He should start rotating Clyne in and out if he wants to give TAA a rest.
Yeah getting a young developing CB an occasional game at RB is fine(LB if they are left footed) but, once they establish themselves as a first choice CB you want to keep them there.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Clearly getting the ball doesn't mean it can't be a foul though, does it? Players can still be sent off for tackles where the ball is played first.

Not that I'm saying that this was a red card, just that playing the ball first isn't much of a reason for it not to be.
Exactly, for me though it's a red card 8 days a week. He's endangering his safety, hence the f-ing leg fracture!

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Vinnie Jones quite often got the ball but was penalized for his follow through. There's a fine line between a hard tackle & a reckless one. Hard tackles generally don't injure players the same way reckless ones do.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Agreed. He should start rotating Clyne in and out if he wants to give TAA a rest.
You know well it has nothing to do with resting Trent. It's purely Klopps mistaken belief that putting him there makes us more solid defensively. And Clyne? Not good enough and hasnt been for a while now, we should go for Wan Bissaka.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You know well it has nothing to do with resting Trent. It's purely Klopps mistaken belief that putting him there makes us more solid defensively. And Clyne? Not good enough and hasnt been for a while now, we should go for Wan Bissaka.
:D

Getting baffled a lot today and last night by Liverpool fans on this forum.

Your team is barely giving up goals in the league this season and look strong all across the back, not just in goal and through Van Dijk, your whole defence is looking good, the way they where keeping the line last night against the offside was mighty impressive. I think that maybe, just maybe this guy Klopp has some sort of clue about his team and the choices he makes for each game, Maybe just a little bit more than fans.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
:D

Getting baffled a lot today and last night by Liverpool fans on this forum.

Your team is barely giving up goals in the league this season and look strong all across the back, not just in goal and through Van Dijk, your whole defence is looking good, the way they where keeping the line last night against the offside was mighty impressive. I think that maybe, just maybe this guy Klopp has some sort of clue about his team and the choices he makes for each game, Maybe just a little bit more than fans.
We are more solid defensively playing Trent at RB and Gomez at CB than having the best CB partnership in the PL this season broken up to accomodate Dejan Lovren (with all his perks) and playing Gomez out of position.

We retain the ball better and thus have more control of the match

dbs235

That was because Clattenburg was our representative and he forfeited his place. Howard Webb reffed the 2010 World Cup final and Clattenburg the 2016 Euros final.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Wan Bissaka is similar to TAA, would make no sense to go there and ultimately stifle each other when he can start regularly elsewhere.

I think the primary reason he started Matip central was height, knowing Burnley love throwing the ball into the air.

Was accused of overhyping the kid in page 1 - but I agree, excellent talent and even his ball playing seems to be coming along - he’s further forward than VVD at times.
I declared him the player United fans think Bailly is and was ridiculed, but I certainly think that’s been substantiated now. He’s immense.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Being linked to Spurs and Arsenal. Lovren currently ahead of him in the pecking order. Any substance to these rumours?

I know it's far fetched, but I certainly wouldn't mind having him.

What do resident Liverpool supporters think - a chance he might be sold?

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I'd heard a few people raving about him and his versatility? Surprised he's behind Lovren now. That said you watch him more than me.
He was at the start of last season. This year he’s started poorly. He had a bad injury around Xmas which wasn’t ideal.