Joe Hart - Manchester City 'Legend'

Offsideagain

Mr.Arrogant was reportedly on SAF list of keepers back in the day. He dropped in lucky when Given got a bad injury and the money arrived otherwise he would have been a bench sitter. Fair play though, he did have a couple of good seasons but also made some calamitous mistakes.

He went down hill when he started to advertise Head & Shoulders as the sales of H&S.

Dumbat12

Do you really think that they are worshipping him, or simply acknowledging his contribution to their rise to success by naming a training pitch after him.

Where is the mention of the word legend?

You're having a laugh trying to sound like a big dawgg.
What contribution to the "rise to success", man? They could have put any other goalkeeper there and it wouldn't have changed one bit of their success. The only ones that are responsible for City's "rise to sucess" are the sheikhs and the mercenaries that they brought like Silva and Aguero.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
He is another example of how far and fast you can fall if you lose the #1GK spot at a "big club" also see Julio Cesar, Victor Valdes, Iker Casillas

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Their keeper last year was actually decent, then they replace him for Hart? He must be absolutely gutted.

Sean douche has made a big mistake there.

Ah right, is he still out then? I’d imagine if he was fit he’s getting back in soon.
I have no idea, he dislocated his shoulder and had to have surgery. This was back in the summer so he should be back soon if he's not back already x

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's not Joe Hart's fault that they are conceding. He has saved the most shots in the league. Burnley are just shambles this season.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ah right, is he still out then? I’d imagine if he was fit he’s getting back in soon.
Think they have several keepers out injured.

It's not Joe Hart's fault that they are conceding. He has saved the most shots in the league. Burnley are just shambles this season.
Statistically Hart was one of the worst keepers in Europe last season. He's rubbish. Burnley are bad this season no doubt, but the shit tends to follow Hart and that cant be a coincidence.

arthurka

Statistically Hart was one of the worst keepers in Europe last season. He's rubbish. Burnley are bad this season no doubt, but the shit tends to follow Hart and that cant be a coincidence.
All that while they keep Tom Heaton on the bench.. He is beyond saving and it seems that so are Burnley.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
He's like a curse isn't he? Every club he's been at since leaving City has struggled like hell.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

And statistically he's one of the best in the league this season.

RochaRoja

From what I’ve seen he’s been one of their best players this season.

Which shows how bad they are really.

Doracle

Hasn’t he been exceptional this season? Arguably England’s top keeper currently - must be in with a good shot of a recall. Burnley have been shocking but he’s been largely blameless (haven’t seen yesterday’s goals - was he at fault for any?).

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Hasn’t he been exceptional this season? Arguably England’s top keeper currently - must be in with a good shot of a recall. Burnley have been shocking but he’s been largely blameless (haven’t seen yesterday’s goals - was he at fault for any?).
Em. Yes.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Reminds me of Paul Robinson.

Was a good keeper at Spurs and for England for a spell but when he started making high profile errors (Croatia-England) he didn't half fall off the cliff quickly.

Joe Hart seems to go months without keeping a clean sheet now. Can't he organise defences as Burnley were keeping plenty last season. So many goals he dosen't even dive for now, just stands and watches the ball go in.

Probably a case of so used to playing at the top level, it's taken away from him and he now realises he's never going to play at that standard now so motivation has dropped.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He dosen't even dive for half the goals he concede nowadays.

Was a good keeper at Spurs and for England for a spell but when he started making high profile errors (Croatia-England) he didn't half fall off the cliff quickly.

Joe Hart seems to go months without keeping a clean sheet now. Can't he organise defences as Burnley were keeping plenty last season. So many goals he dosen't even dive for now, just stands and watches the ball go in.

Probably a case of so used to playing at the top level, it's taken away from him and he now realises he's never going to play at that standard now so motivation has dropped.
Robinson is a very good comparison. He got 40-50 caps if I remember. Both he and Hart had very little competition when they were no 1 for England.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

Hart isn’t the issue. The real issue is that Burnley deserved to finish about 15th last season based on performances and massively fluked their way to lucky wins so ended up in a false position. They haven’t improved their side this season and are being found out, Hart isn’t the issue, he’s probably the only positive from their season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Hart isn’t the issue. The real issue is that Burnley deserved to finish about 15th last season based on performances and massively fluked their way to lucky wins so ended up in a false position. They haven’t improved their side this season and are being found out, Hart isn’t the issue, he’s probably the only positive from their season.
Interesting what happens to their keepers. Tom Heaton always did well for them and then got injured and then Nick Pope came in and was amazing himself.

Seems Heaton might be going to Leeds in January, not sure if Nick Pope is fit now but too good just to be a number 2.

Would Joe Hart play in the championship?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He fell off a cliff quickly but when he first started getting a regular game for City he was excellent and when they won the title in 11-12 I'd have said he was genuinely world class, even if he fell short of the very best. The errors really started creeping in after that though - for a while his shot-stopping remained, but it wasn't enough to compensate for what he was doing wrong.

Crackers

greasy ginfers

It's a real kick in the teeth to have a career path like his. It wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to think it's gotten to him personally

the chameleon

I recall it going downwards for Joe Hart from Euro 2012 onwards. That penalty shootout where he was pulling faces like a WWE wrestler at the Italians. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to back the bravado with any saves. The following season he was slightly off in form. Now he's at Burnley.

Either way, a good keeper for 3-4 years. I would defo classify him as a legend for City as he was there when they won 2 titles.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dropped and Burnley keep a clean sheet. :lol: Apparently Heaton got an amazing reception which gives you an idea of what their fanbase is thinking.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Burnley's resurgence coincides with Hart being replaced in goal, but I thought the defence were shit and he was saving them from greater defeat?

Turns out the defence plays so much better when they have a decent keeper behind them who they trust and who is able to organise them properly.

JMack1234

If I was him i'd call it day in England. Try and get a decent move in the MLS or middle east and try to earn lots of money and enjoy myself for the rest of my career.

Carl S Bridge

He has been found out. Said for years he's shit. Pep came in and got rid .can't get a game at Burnley now and that's justified. He's a proper show man's keeper. But he is a city legend. That's their history we can all Mock them for their lack of it. However who has the manager and squad to win premier League? It's not us we're far from their squad level .that's the sad thing about this discussion. de gea is head and shoulders above, no pun intended but can't be considered a utd legend as only one title win

Levenstein

So whats gonna be next chapter in this mans life? Wouldnt mind him being third after De Gea and Henderson, but still hope to see him starting in some PL club and saving his career.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Pep knew he was a fraud the moment he arrived at City and couldn’t wait to drop him and from the keeper Pep finally brought in you cannot argue. His career at the top level is over and maybe Scotland or the MLS would be a decent move for him now.

Brophs

The One and Only
He should go to play in Scotland. Not because he’d be good enough, but because it’d make me laugh to see the cnut shouting at some poor sap called Rab who doesn’t know who he is.