Joe Hart - Manchester City 'Legend'

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have no idea, I'm assuming it's a London thing as some of those guys on Arsenal TV do the same thing.
I believe it's called "Multicultural english"

But even living so close to London, I've never heard anyone speak like these guys, using bruv, fam, blud, cuz literally every 4-5 words.
It's very hard to listen to.

Gazza

I really can't believe the amount of hate this guy gets on the CAF. His career is over and he is not a keeper he used to be. The Birmingham years and his first three to four seasons at City were more than impressive. And as far as the "almighty Pep" argument City are still waiting on a decent keeper and its one of the positions (defence as well) they are lacking in comparison to the current Champions.
He's a former Manchester City player who starred in commercials for Head & Shoulders, shouted and swore at a damn ballboy, and embarrassed himself against Andrea Pirlo. What don't you understand about him getting "hate" (that is to say, mostly light-hearted barbs... "hate", behave yourself :lol:) on the caf?

Gazza

How does he decide which of his interchangeables to use?

I said blud 5 words ago, I'll use fam?
You sound like some bloody alien from another planet studying basic human behavior. :lol: It's the same way people may decide which to use of "mate"/"buddy"/"pal"/"lad"/"bro"/"homie", dude :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You sound like some bloody alien from another planet studying basic human behavior. :lol: It's the same way people may decide which to use of "mate"/"buddy"/"pal"/"lad"/"bro"/"homie", dude :)
Yes, but no one uses those 73 times in one 3min clip, alternating madly between them

starman

Looking back over his career, 2016 was definitely soul crushing for him, he seemed to believe his own hype and was getting increasingly arrogant, and than the Euros happened, followed by Pep becoming manager of City and telling him he could leave without even playing him.

I bet in his head he was the best keeper in world and then within the space of a few months he is needing to find a club that would take him....
Having watched his interviews recently his demeanor has definitely changed from what it was 4 years ago..

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Bizarre signing for Spurs, surely they have a young up and coming keeper from their academy who could be third choice that would be a cheaper wage than Hart? I mean how often will a third choice keeper see a game? And you are going to shell out what, 40 000 in wages just to have an experienced head in the dressing room?

Spurs should of been after Aarons from Norwich to expand their HG numbers no? Aurier when asked to defend is a liability.

Renegade

How old is he? His just happy not to play regularly anymore? At least with Green,Grant etc they were semi retired and never had the opportunity at being at a “top” side before so I can see the attraction at essentially being a training ground goalkeeper/mascot.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Bizarre signing for Spurs, surely they have a young up and coming keeper from their academy who could be third choice that would be a cheaper wage than Hart? I mean how often will a third choice keeper see a game? And you are going to shell out what, 40 000 in wages just to have an experienced head in the dressing room?

Spurs should of been after Aarons from Norwich to expand their HG numbers no? Aurier when asked to defend is a liability.
He won't be on 40k per week. As much as I think Hart sucks, he does have a lot of experience and seems a bit of a character. We need to free up non-HG places in squad so it makes sense to bring him in - its only till 2022 so I guess he will have a value in working with some of the academy GK's and so on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He won't be on 40k per week. As much as I think Hart sucks, he does have a lot of experience and seems a bit of a character. We need to free up non-HG places in squad so it makes sense to bring him in - its only till 2022 so I guess he will have a value in working with some of the academy GK's and so on.
It really doesn't make any sense. Much higher wage than a 3rd choice needs. He'll only get an outing in the league cup, or in an injury crisis, and for the guy himself, it's a ludicrous position to basically become a non player at 33, when you have 75 England caps!

How can he not get a gig in the Premier league for someone? Or failing that, abroad or the championship.

Wouldn't you want to play then just basically be paid to watch games?!

el3mel

I don't see this any different than Lee Grant signing for us. An experienced homegrown 3rd option GK who will barely play but just there for the numbers.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It really doesn't make any sense. Much higher wage than a 3rd choice needs. He'll only get an outing in the league cup, or in an injury crisis, and for the guy himself, it's a ludicrous position to basically become a non player at 33, when you have 75 England caps!

How can he not get a gig in the Premier league for someone? Or failing that, abroad or the championship.

Wouldn't you want to play then just basically be paid to watch games?!
I think what will happen is that we may sell Gazzaniga - move Hart to number 2 and promote an academy GK to number 3. If that happens then I think the move makes sense as we will have upgraded (barely) our number 2 GK option and also freed up 2 non-HG spots in the squad in one go (Vorm has already left).

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I don't see this any different than Lee Grant signing for us. An experienced homegrown 3rd option GK who will barely play but just there for the numbers.
Lee Grant was on 20k a week, still too much if you ask me, but w/e. Hart will be on 50k a week.

I will cede that if they do in fact sell Gazzaniga and promote an academy to number three, thus freeing up two non-home grown slots the 50 000 a week could be worth it. But just as a number three I don't see it as value.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Keep forgetting he was once played at Torino. How random was that? Be in one of those "Did he really play for them" threads/articles in years to come.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Keep forgetting he was once played at Torino. How random was that? Be in one of those "Did he really play for them" threads/articles in years to come.
Yeah just remembered that too. I remember they really loved it over there or really hated him. Can’t remember which.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah just remembered that too. I remember they really loved it over there or really hated him. Can’t remember which.
Bit of a mixed bag I think. Carried on making a few howlers in games and impressed in others, but like most Italian clubs they changed their mind about keeping him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think what will happen is that we may sell Gazzaniga - move Hart to number 2 and promote an academy GK to number 3. If that happens then I think the move makes sense as we will have upgraded (barely) our number 2 GK option and also freed up 2 non-HG spots in the squad in one go (Vorm has already left).
That sounds most likely. Can’t imagine that Levy would overspend for such luxuries, or even has the cash.

Mr. Ant

I don't understand this move. Surely he would rather play some football before retiring?
I mean he didn't play at Burnley and yet Spurs signs him?
If Hart didn't get over his psychological problems and he will be their 2nd choice goalkeeper he will cost them a chance in the cup for sure. He looks finished.

DarkLord

His spectacular fall from grace is funny yet sad. Pep basically killed his career.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He was shite. The president even said he can’t believe Hart made so many mistakes

Flexdegea

You are firmly at the stage of defending everything Jose does, we all went thru it when he was here

RUCK4444

I should bloody well hope that City erect a statue of their former hero Hart?

Speaking of statues I think he should definitely have one

so I can p*ss myself laughing

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I should bloody well hope that City erect a statue of their former hero Hart?

Speaking of statues I think he should definitely have one

so I can p*ss myself laughing
Didn't they name a training pitch after him or something daft like that ?

RUCK4444

Didn't they name a training pitch after him or something daft like that ?
Ah yeah I think they did, brilliant.

But I want a statue, like the Ronaldo one, with a bottle of Head & Shoulders glued to the base to remind him where if all went wrong.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You are firmly at the stage of defending everything Jose does, we all went thru it when he was here
Well I have no reason not to defend him at the moment - he has been doing a pretty good job since he came to Spurs. I'm not going to trash him just because you guys just don't like him.

SuperiorXI

His spectacular fall from grace is funny yet sad. Pep basically killed his career.
It happens a lot in football... new manager comes in and doesn't rate certain players. It's ruthless sink or swim but lots of players move and make good careers out of it. The blame can't be solely on Baldiola.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Well I have no reason not to defend him at the moment - he has been doing a pretty good job since he came to Spurs. I'm not going to trash him just because you guys just don't like him.
Give it a few months pal you will get there, trust me.

Flexdegea

Would not say it's a pretty good job, but it will come soon, the tide turns.

And I like him too and still do, but he's broken in my opinion as a top manager.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Nope.
Pep‘s footy requires a high line which means it requires a keeper who has the bottle to come off his line and who can use his feet and distribute accurately. Hart had none of that and wasn’t willing or able to improve himself.
Football stepping forward into the world of the modern game, coupled with Hart being too full of himself to attempt to change, was what killed Hart’s career.
Moving Hart on was the right thing to do, a bit like you should move DeGea on and would already have done were it not for no other club being willing to pay enough of his ridiculous salary to make it commercially viable.
Hart and DeGea have the same basic limitations except that, in terms of reaction shot stopping, Hart was never fit to lace DeGea’s boots.