6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

diarm

Joined the academy when he was 6 years old apparently. There's a great pic of him stopping Cristiano for an autograph in the car park years ago!

There's something very special about watching a youngster like that, with a great attitude, take his chance when presented like he did last night.

marlowe78

Good impression this week. He was quiet for stretches but seems to have a lot of pace. Not sure of his potential with the club knowing that Shaw will be at LB (we hope, anyway) but someone to watch for.

We seem to have an exciting group of fullbacks developing - Shaw, Borthwick-Jackson, Varela, and Riley. With some luck, we could be set for the next few years.

Revan

Assumptionman
With the emergence of him, CBJ and Varela, I hope that we don't sign any other right/left back. Those three in addition to Shaw and Darmian (and Rojo/Blind if needed) are more than enough.

SoCross

Just watched the game. Was really impressed by him! Solid performance, wasn't overawed at all.

The_Midfielder

If CBJ comes back this weekend, who will be the right back ? Varela vs Sanchez... I see us cut to shreds..

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Was watching him at RB in the U21's match vs Liverpool for a spell, he looked fantastic when moved there compared to his usual LB spot where he's a little shy to attack, he also pretty much pocketed Ojo during the game and his delivery looked excellent. He's just so bloody fast! He's in the mould of a Shaw/Bellerin type fullback.

Really think there's a future for him here and I don't think he's that far behind Varela.

Just hope he continues to progress.

m1y2

Was watching him at RB in the U21's match vs Liverpool for a spell, he looked fantastic when moved there compared to his usual LB spot where he's a little shy to attack, he also pretty much pocketed Ojo during the game and his delivery looked excellent. He's just so bloody fast! He's in the mould of a Shaw/Bellerin type fullback.

Really think there's a future for him here and I don't think he's that far behind Varela.

Just hope he continues to progress.
he's a bit lightweight though once he bulks up a bit and works a bit more on his positioning he will be great attacking fullback. Not sure how Shaw started but he always seem to be a great defender in the first place. Riley's more or less converted to fullback from the more attacking position which is not a bad thing, he already looks more threatening and positive going forward than the italian fullback we bought for immense money

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Missed the second half so didn't get to see him on the right. He's looked great on the left so I'd love to see him on the right more so he could make some more natural runs. He's a breath of fresh air compared to the first team fullbacks which at this point I'm beyond sick of. I firmly believe our fullbacks offering nothing going forward is one of our biggest problems. Sure it was weaker opposition but I don't think it was any coincidence we looked miles better when Riley and for the most part Varela have played.

I disagree that he is like Shaw, Luke is fantastic at defending.

Bwuk

He should be given a chance in the first team. He's looked great when played so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.