Joe Rogan

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If Trump wins: do you think Joe Rogan played a significant part, seeing as he said he'd rather vote for Trump than Biden?

He's the biggest podcaster in the world and a very large portion of his listeners are young. Young people are less likely to vote and more likely to change their opinion.
No. He’s a reflection of his main audience, not its creator.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Rogan is a selfish uneducated piece of shit.

His principles are so confused. So backwards. So self defeating.

I used to love his podcast. Guest-led. Shaped around jokes or cool people.

It’s not that anymore. The recent one with the Social Dilemma guy was great. It used to be 75% like that. It’s now 5% enjoyable.

Haddock

If Trump wins: do you think Joe Rogan played a significant part, seeing as he said he'd rather vote for Trump than Biden?

He's the biggest podcaster in the world and a very large portion of his listeners are young. Young people are less likely to vote and more likely to change their opinion.
If Biden wins will you say the stars of the Avengers movies helped him win given that they are the biggest movie stars alive?

OleBoiii

If Biden wins will you say the stars of the Avengers movies helped him win given that they are the biggest movie stars alive?
You seriously underestimate the influence of people like Rogan. Especially if you consider his demographics.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Can't imagine Bernie Sanders turned up on his show thinking it would have no influence.

Haddock

You seriously underestimate the influence of people like Rogan. Especially if you consider his demographics.
I disagree. I think you are overestimating it. What exactly are the demographics of the Joe Rogan experience? White men? The ones who are voting for Biden? Besides the liberal media threw a fit when he had Bernie Sanders on his show and then endorsed his candidacy. Going by the absurd labels that they've thrown at him, why would they want a supposed alt-right figure endorsing their man anyway?

He's no more influential that Oprah Winfrey was, (and she was a big name when there was still a monoculture) and even her supposed influence was seriously suspect.

Oldyella

They are always written off as the Hollywood elite though. That doesn't happen with Rogan.

caid

Can't imagine Bernie Sanders turned up on his show thinking it would have no influence.
I think Joe Rogan's guests have influence. Or some of them. I think someone talking for 3 hours on his show can influence people if they make a good case. More influence than a 30 sec hostile interview on CNN in Bernie Sanders case for instance.
Joe Rogan ... well hes basically always stoned on his show for a start, he routinely says 'dont listen to me on politics' and has been saying hes voting Jo Jorgensen for a few weeks. Did Jo Jorgensen get a strangely high share of the vote?
It'd be a stronger argument if he gave a ringing endorsement of Trump but I dont even think that will have had much influence

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'm not a wrestling fan but the episode with The Undertaker was quite good, just learning about the amount of punishment and pain he performed through all his life.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I wouldn't take Joe Rogan's advice on Co-vid, but I rather listen to a Rogan podcast every day than ever listen to this guy again.
These people think that they're doing Gods work, bringing down the evil cultural overlords hypnotizing innocent lambs into becoming 'far right'.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
These people think that they're doing Gods work, bringing down the evil cultural overlords hypnotizing innocent lambs into becoming 'far right'.
Again a person whinging over Spotify not censoring Joe Rogan and platforming the "wrong people". Thank god Joe Rogan doesn't give a shit.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Yeah I thank god for Joe Rogan every day as well. I hope one day with enough random supplements and steroids my tomato head will cause a brain swell that allows me to see the world just like Rogan does.

LoneStar

There are a few podcasts and guests which are actually good and insightful. Think it's more about filtering to those guests, and ignoring the others for me.

I don't think he is a bad interviewer, in a lot of cases, he lets the guest talk for themselves. Obviously, his takes on any of those are idiotic (tbf he does call it out saying he's an idiot). If people are dumb enough to take his word for it and believe everything he said, I would think there is a more fundamental problem then.

Gehrman

Indoctrination is a thing?
It's actually easier not to be indoctrinated if people are allowed to hear a diverse range of opinions. If Joe Rogan doesn't host enough left-wingers, there is for sure other places you can listen to those viewpoints. I havn't gone through his 1600 podcasts to see what the ratio is.

Last edited:

Tarrou

I listened to most of the the Hirsi Ali one today, I've read her biography before but it was great to listen to her tell her own story.. such an inspiring human

Joe for the most part kept his mouth shut which is always nice, but still managed to shoehorn in a ridiculous Covid rant the prick

rotherham_red

I listened to most of the the Hirsi Ali one today, I've read her biography before but it was great to listen to her tell her own story.. such an inspiring human

Joe for the most part kept his mouth shut which is always nice, but still managed to shoehorn in a ridiculous Covid rant the prick
You do know that huge parts of her story are just that: a story?

She fabricated huge parts of it to get asylum in Holland. Once she was found out over there and questions were being asked of her, she quickly legged it to America.

Tarrou

She fabricated huge parts of it to get asylum in Holland. Once she was found out over there and questions were being asked of her, she quickly legged it to America.
yeah I'm aware of the whole story

Gehrman

She already went public when she ran for politics with the fact she lied about the version she told the authorties when she applied for asylum because she was told that if Holland would approve asylum for people fleeing forced marriages then millions of people would be eligble. She goes into great detail about this in her autobiography and there are really no contradictions. I assume you havnt read it. She also legged it to the US because tons of people wanted to kill her and still do.

I like Rogan because he somehow gets his guests talking without asking anything in the least bit insightful. He could do with a little less volume and focus more on the quality of the guests though.

I don't understand why Elon Musk keeps going back. He clearly thinks Rogan is a total idiot but maybe that's the appeal, he loves anything that makes him sound smarter.

Tarrou

he's under fire again for saying young people shouldn't take the covid vaccine, the fecking dolt

he seems to have a big blind-spot when it comes to covid

Deery

Dreary
he's under fire again for saying young people shouldn't take the covid vaccine, the fecking dolt

What is it with people in combat sports that think they can just out train the Corona virus have seen many boxers talking shite the whole way through lockdown and just yesterday saw a popular account saying “ I’m not putting that shite in my veins”.

Makes you question the intellect of these guys.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

He’s got a blind spot for many a thing.

He’s a parody at this point.

Dan_F

He’s got a blind spot for many a thing.

He’s a parody at this point.
It’s seems to have got worse and worse over the last few years. I used to listen to the podcast a lot 10 years ago, I’m sure there’s comments from me defending him in this thread, but I can’t see me ever listening to a podcast again.

I saw he’s friends with this rapper Zuby, who Red Issue keep retweeting about Covid denial stuff too.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
He's a thick cnut.