Joe Rogan

ExoduS

You seem to like Djokovic even though he is a complete douchebag when it comes to covid. Are you vaccinated?
I am not going to go into Djokovic discussion here, it would be off topic. I'll just say that I love Djokovic, not like. ;)

I am a fan of Joe Rogan as well and I think the guy is brilliant. I am vaccinated, but I am not concerned with people that are not. Couldn't care less. If I found unvaccinated people as a threat, I'd do everything in my power to not be around them to protect my health. I'd also try to convince them to get vaccinated through compassion and data, however with awerness that my efforts are most likely futile. I would not shame them, belittle them, and throw them into second class citizen group.

I am gonna go enjoy Joe Rogan's podcast with Dr. Jordan Peterson. Later.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I am not going to go into Djokovic discussion here, it would be off topic. I'll just say that I love Djokovic, not like. ;)

I am a fan of Joe Rogan as well and I think the guy is brilliant. I am vaccinated, but I am not concerned with people that are not. Couldn't care less. If I found unvaccinated people as a threat, I'd do everything in my power to not be around them to protect my health. I'd also try to convince them to get vaccinated through compassion and data, however with awerness that my efforts are most likely futile. I would not shame them, belittle them, and throw them into second class citizen group.

Run for cover

InfiniteBoredom

Words have lost all of their meaning if ‘Joe Rogan’ and ‘brilliant’ are used in the same sentence, unless that sentence is ‘Joe Rogan’s head shines brilliantly’.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Words have lost all of their meaning if ‘Joe Rogan’ and ‘brilliant’ are used in the same sentence, unless that sentence is ‘Joe Rogan’s head shines brilliantly’.
Right? Even if you want to view Rogan in the most positive light possible, and give him every benefit of the doubt as to his intentions, he's obviously not "brilliant".

Tarrou

I'm looking forward to all the moaning in this thread after its released

Will be partaking myself of course

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Really? Rogan is a clueless idiot who will.say anything for viewers/$ and Peterson is genuinely mentally unwell. Combined they are a truly terrible source of information.

I will say he's brilliant at getting his guests talking, but not in a Graham Norton or Michael Parkinson sort of way. More that he's like a fecking nodding dog, a mixture of kissing arse and being thick enough to make them feel both revered and superior to him. The right mix for getting anybody talking like they're an expert.

fergosaurus

Neil Young has told Spotify to delete his music from the streaming service over their partnership with Joe Rogan.

In a now-deleted letter posted on his website on Monday (24 January), the 76-year-old singer wrote that he does not appreciate Spotify’s affiliation with Rogan and his podcast The Joe Rogan Experience, which is spreading “false information” regarding Covid-19 vaccines.

Addressing his management team at LookoutManagement and Warner Bros, Young wrote: “Please immediately inform Spotify that I am actively canceling all my music availability on Spotify as soon as possible.”

“I am doing this because Spotify is spreading false information about vaccines – potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them,” he wrote.

“Please act on this immediately today and keep me informed of the time schedule,” the letter added. “I want you to let Spotify know immediately today that I want all of my music off their platform.”

“They can have Rogan or Young. Not both,” he said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...potify-joe-rogan-covid-vaccines-b1999945.html

nimic

something nice
Scout
I guess that makes sense? I hadn't really thought about it, but technically podcast platforms are spreading false information if they are hosting podcasts that spread false information. I'm not sure how you would handle it on a large scale, but this might as well be a thing Neil Young does.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Young is Right and his request is a fair one. I can fully understand how he wouldn’t want his art to be used to enrich people who are responsible for the spreading of disinformation and therefore at least complicit in many deaths around the world. I hope others join Young and put more pressure on Spotify.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

You must not have any loved ones who are health care workers and especially COVID ward workers.

caid

Theres a million great reasons to take your music off spotify. Joe Rogan being on the platform is a weird one to pick

DavelinaJolie

Theres a million great reasons to take your music off spotify. Joe Rogan being on the platform is a weird one to pick
On this, does anybody me know of a viable Spotify alternative? There's Apple Music I know, but I'm not sure giving money to Apple is really much better tha giving it to Spotify.

The problem always seems to be the library size, nothing seems to compare to those two and the music I like tends to be a bit less available.

I would imagine paying for a streaming service would be better than buying endless CDs from an environment impact (plus I have a CD collection over 1,200 and am desperately trying to shift as much as possible).

Is there anything worth looking at?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
On this, does anybody me know of a viable Spotify alternative? There's Apple Music I know, but I'm not sure giving money to Apple is really much better tha giving it to Spotify.

The problem always seems to be the library size, nothing seems to compare to those two and the music I like tends to be a bit less available.

I would imagine paying for a streaming service would be better than buying endless CDs from an environment impact (plus I have a CD collection over 1,200 and am desperately trying to shift as much as possible).

Deezer was Spotify before Spotify was Spotify and it's still going. Can't vouch for their library or whatever though as I haven't used it in well over a decade. Might be worth a look.

The Firestarter

Tidal has the best sound quality.

ExoduS

Really? Rogan is a clueless idiot who will.say anything for viewers/$ and Peterson is genuinely mentally unwell. Combined they are a truly terrible source of information.
They are good entertainment.