Joe Rogan

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I'm pretty sure he's done a few with Brian Cox which I found really fascinating, plus it's amusing watching Cox simplfy stuff for Joe

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I'm pretty sure he's done a few with Brian Cox which I found really fascinating, plus it's amusing watching Cox simplfy stuff for Joe
Listening to a possibly stoned Rogan bounce cosmology questions off Cox is surprisingly relaxing.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool

Bob Lazar was on today, Fascinating

Fecking hell #1312 with Ms Pat is hilarious
Y'know.. I was annoyed I didn't keep the Bob Lazar one above for a spliff tonight but just watched a clip of this one and i'm not even mad now, gonna have a good laugh at this tonight :D

Last edited:

binary bot
Really enjoyed the one with Naval Ravikant the other day. Couldn't disagree more with some of his opinions but love listening to contrasting views

AkaAkuma

Bob Lazar was on today, Fascinating

Y'know.. I was annoyed I didn't keep the Bob Lazar one above for a spliff tonight but just watched a clip of this one and i'm not even mad now, gonna have a good laugh at this tonight :D
Found Lazar convincing, but some of his behaviour came across like he was lying. Interesting all the same.

The Annie Jacobsen episode fits in nicely with this and gives a contrasting opinion on area 51.

Charlie Foley

His best podcats are when he's talking about things he truly understands which isnt surprising.

Has Rosanne Barr on his most recent. She is positively insane!
Yeah. Like listening to him talk about fighting, or if he has guests on who don’t start parroting right wing nonsense.

Abizzz

Great viewing. Just watched all of it, should be mandatory viewing before any election. But the sad truth is this has all been known for 10 years and Americans don't care. They don't care how they are being spied on and lied to, and much less do they care about the consequences of it all for the rest of the world. (It was known at least as early as during Obama's election. More than 10 years actually). AND GCHQ IS NO BETTER! Never talked about in Britain either. And even on a forum like this act as if using cash was stupid.
But it's amazing how even in exile and facing life in prison if he ever goes home Snowden still somehow assumes some of it is done in our interest.

Last edited:

Dan_F

Some very weird news stories currently, about Bernie Sanders and the endorsement that Rogan has given him. I don’t listen to his podcast much anymore, but I always had the impression he was fairly liberal. Yes he’s had some right wing people on his podcast, but he’s always said that he’s done that for the purpose of debate.

The news articles calling him transphobic and sexist are pretty strange, because that’s what the controversy seems to be. He’s always been consistent with his view, that trans women shouldn’t be fighting women. Can’t say I disagree with him, seems like basic science to me.

Interested to hear other people’s thoughts on if this is actually warranting news stories?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
You have to link news stories. It's election season in the US and the media there is heavily biased. Really depends where it's coming from because news outlets there spread false information or ham up certain minor stories in order to bury others for, example the Sanders v Warren "arguments" that took over the news despite being about nothing meanwhile Trump is being impeached etc.

Also Rogan being a comedian he's bound to get some sort of "hate stamp" put on him because he'll joke about everything whether he's being serious or not.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Some very weird news stories currently, about Bernie Sanders and the endorsement that Rogan has given him. I don’t listen to his podcast much anymore, but I always had the impression he was fairly liberal. Yes he’s had some right wing people on his podcast, but he’s always said that he’s done that for the purpose of debate.

The news articles calling him transphobic and sexist are pretty strange, because that’s what the controversy seems to be. He’s always been consistent with his view, that trans women shouldn’t be fighting women. Can’t say I disagree with him, seems like basic science to me.

Interested to hear other people’s thoughts on if this is actually warranting news stories?
It's not really that part that I've seen people take issue with. It's his jokes demeaning trans people. Your personal takes on complex trans issues look less innocent if you find the existence of them inherently funny.

Though I think he also had a go at casual transphobia jokes in Ace Ventura, recently. The main thing with Rogan is his views are based on absolutely nothing and a butterfly flapping its wings can change them dramatically.

He nods along to a lot of ridiculous and at times appalling stuff from the awful people who he invites on his show for the 'purpose of debate'.

His audience seems a pretty chaotic mixture of uninformed young men with all kinds of views, so whether his far right stuff does more damage than his liberal stuff seems pretty hard to tell.

Lastly, I would point out that an awful lot of the criticism these last couple days comes from people who detest Bernie Sanders because of their support for Hillary Clinton. Hillary has worse comments on trans issues than Joe Rogan. It's not concern for trans people, in many, many cases.

Tarrou

Here's one example of the back-lash

Whilst I disagree with a lot of Joe's viewpoints I don't think that should completely discredit his endorsement

Though I am biased as a Bernie fan

Drainy

Whilst I disagree with a lot of Joe's viewpoints I don't think that should completely discredit his endorsement

The tweet reminds me of the Contrapoints video on cancelling..

He's had some guests on that were considered 'gateways to the alt-right' (but strangely as far as I know none of whom ever said they want a white ethnostate in their lives), so now he's hosting the alt-right and then next step is he will be alt-right.
It's not really that part that I've seen people take issue with. It's his jokes demeaning trans people. Your personal takes on complex trans issues look less innocent if you find the existence of them inherently funny.

Though I think he also had a go at casual transphobia jokes in Ace Ventura, recently. The main thing with Rogan is his views are based on absolutely nothing and a butterfly flapping its wings can change them dramatically.

He nods along to a lot of ridiculous and at times appalling stuff from the awful people who he invites on his show for the 'purpose of debate'.

His audience seems a pretty chaotic mixture of uninformed young men with all kinds of views, so whether his far right stuff does more damage than his liberal stuff seems pretty hard to tell.

Lastly, I would point out that an awful lot of the criticism these last couple days comes from people who detest Bernie Sanders because of their support for Hillary Clinton. Hillary has worse comments on trans issues than Joe Rogan. It's not concern for trans people, in many, many cases.
His podcast is literally just him inviting whomever is interesting or relevant at the time, getting stoned and shooting the shit with them until he gets bored. People seem to get so worked up over an entertainment program..

But yes US presidential politics is ridiculous with its constant hypocritical smearing.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I ve listened to Rogan here and there and honestly believe the world would be a better place if we had more folks like that just willing to listen. He has his flaws sure, but for some of Bernie s more radical fans to go after him like that is ridiculous. I get it why he doesn't but it's a bit disappointing at times that Bernie doesn't disavow that type of behavior. We don't need another cult following of a politician. Ironically I feel Rogan is more like Bernie than those rabid folks tend to see.

Nucks

RT History Department
The controversy about Rogan being "transphobic" is that he thought the entire Caitlyn Jenner thing was ridiculous, and made fun of her, for killing a woman in a car accident.

It's odd, he was making fun of her, for it being a ridiculous situation, not because she was trans, but, you know, with outrage culture within the ultra "woke" element of the left, that doesn't matter. His official stance on trans people is, live and let live, if you're trans, who cares, anyone who does is an asshole. He's made that point probably dozens of times.

Lastly, Joe has zero far right views I am aware of. His most right wing views, are centrist at worst. His political positions range from left, to centrist.

Dan_F

I’m yet to really see anything transphobic comments. The BBC went with him saying a transgender woman “is not actually a woman”. I’m assuming this was discussing Fallon Fox, which is a very contentious issue. His view was that he doesn’t really care about other sports, but fighting is different because it puts peoples health at risk. That seems pretty sane to me.

In terms of the right wing guests he’s had on, I think the issue is he probably isn’t intelligent enough to massively challenge them. He has balanced it out by having opposite views on directly after, or even on the same show on occasion. He was friends with Alex Jones before he went batshit crazy, which is probably not a good look for Joe. But he spoken about that several times.

The left is just attacking liberal people at this point. We’re going to get to a stage where people are quoting jokes from 10 years ago to show that he’s racist/transphobic etc etc.

cyberman

He does give right ring a voice and has a bad habit of unopposing them to the point it becomes an infomerical.
Fans say its great because it opens it debate but it going unopposed is dangerous as hell.
He also hates tribal culture on social media to the point he would admire Trump but in the way he disguises it with soft criticisms in the same breath.
He also wants SAS fired from UFC coverage because he didnt say a UFC fighter was a motherfecker or a beast and actually cricised somebody..
Most of the criticism should come from figt companions when he high as feck. The whole cyborg dick saga is a particular low point.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The controversy about Rogan being "transphobic" is that he thought the entire Caitlyn Jenner thing was ridiculous, and made fun of her, for killing a woman in a car accident.

It's odd, he was making fun of her, for it being a ridiculous situation, not because she was trans, but, you know, with outrage culture within the ultra "woke" element of the left, that doesn't matter. His official stance on trans people is, live and let live, if you're trans, who cares, anyone who does is an asshole. He's made that point probably dozens of times.

Lastly, Joe has zero far right views I am aware of. His most right wing views, are centrist at worst. His political positions range from left, to centrist.
Exactly. Also, if you don't like it then don't listen.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Claims Rogan is sexist while advertising on her profile that she's a Playboy contributor.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The thing with Rogan is that he will usually amiably go along and join in with whatever his guest's tone on a political issue is. So a more transphobic take from a guest will result in a more transphobic Rogan, while a more PC guest gets a more sensitive Rogan. This is why people think of Rogan as being less left-wing than he so often professes to be. If you tune in to a podcast with one of his (many) right-wing guest you see a Joe Rogan who comes across as right-wing. Because while the argument is made that he has right-wing guests on for the sake of debate, the reality is that then usually results in little debate within the podcast itself. The "guy casually chatting shit with his guest" format continues, it's just now a guy casually chatting right-wing shit with his right-wing guest.

Which in isolation is fine. Rogan's non-journalistic, non-confrontational approach can sometimes generate a good podcast and if one doesn't like it then one doesn't have to listen.

The problem arises if Rogan has politcal influence which (scarily) it seems he does. After all, it's not for nothing that the likes of Sanders, Yang and Gabbard have appeared on his podcast. Yang's profile in particular was massively boosted by his appearance. But if you're operating in that sphere of political influence then there is (arguably) more of a responsibility to be robust in what you engage with on your podcast, rather than shrugging your shoulders and saying "just because I broadcast this shitty opinion to millions of people without contradiction that doesn't mean I agree with it". Or at least there is if you don't want to be heavily criticised by a lot of people.

His podcast has put him in a position where people are interested in who he endorses politically. But that also comes with the reverse effect, where his political endorsements are seen in light of the content of his podcast.

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The thing with Rogan is that he will usually amiably go along and join in with whatever his guest's tone on a political issue is. So a more transphobic take from a guest will result in a more transphobic Rogan, while a more PC guest gets a more sensitive Rogan. This is why people think of Rogan as being less left-wing than he so often professes to be. If you tune in to a podcast with one of his (many) right-wing guest you see a Joe Rogan who comes across as right-wing. Because while the argument is made that he has right-wing guests on for the sake of debate, the reality is that then usually results in little debate within the podcast itself. The "guy casually chatting shit with his guest" format continues, it's just now a guy casually chatting right-wing shit with his right-wing guest.

Which in isolation is fine. Rogan's non-journalistic, non-confrontational approach can sometimes generate a good podcast and if one doesn't like it then one doesn't have to listen.

The problem arises if Rogan has politcal influence which (scarily) it seems he does. After all, it's not for nothing that the likes of Sanders, Yang and Gabbard have appeared on his podcast. Yang's profile in particular was massively boosted by his appearance. But if you're operating in that sphere of political influence then there is (arguably) more of a responsibility to be robust in what you engage with on your podcast, rather than shrugging your shoulders and saying "just because I broadcast this shitty opinion to millions of people without contradiction that doesn't mean I agree with it". Or at least there is if you don't want to be heavily criticised by a lot of people.

His podcast has put him in a position where people are interested in who he endorses politically. But that also comes with the reverse effect, where his political endorsements are seen in light of the content of his podcast.
He is as politically left wing as an American gets without drinking the hippy kool-aid. 90%+ of his guests are left leaning too.

People Complaining about him talking to anyone with right wing political views are feeble of mind or deliberately obtuse.

GiddyUp

He is as politically left wing as an American gets without drinking the hippy kool-aid. 90%+ of his guests are left leaning too.

People Complaining about him talking to anyone with right wing political views are feeble of mind or deliberately obtuse.
Its ridiculous. I watch him the odd time but if he has someone on I disagree with I just don't watch. Simple. I've had many drunk and stoned conversations with right wingers, it's just a conversation. It's frustrating as hell and sometimes the only way to get through it is to nod and avoid whataboutisms.

Dante

Average bang
The voters who desert Sanders over Joe Rogan will never go to Trump (trans and feminism issues are not in his wheelhouse)

But there will be voters who desert Trump to go to Sanders because of this endorsement (those casually into politics who trust their favourite media personalities more than impartial journalists).

It's a net win for Bernie.

RedTiger

Half mast
I tend to like Joe as he's a pretty chill guy and chats random shit like me. I have to say though that at times he can be a pussy when he doesn't push back on some of the RW stuff his guests some time say, he just nods along and maybe interjects with a question for clarification but he neither condemns nor condones his guests views... Sometimes being a middle of the road presenter can be quite stupid but I understand him not wanting to put future guests off.

Finally I'm happy with his endorsement of Bernie and I tend to overall agree with his trans stance.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s not an issue of sympathy, I totally get it. But we’re talking about a child here. I mean, you’re not even allowed to decide trivial things for yourself at that age, but we’re letting them make a life commitment like that? I’m with Joe on this one, and I think painting someone with that opinion as transphobic is really not helpful.

DOTA

It’s not an issue of sympathy, I totally get it. But we’re talking about a child here. I mean, you’re not even allowed to decide trivial things for yourself at that age, but we’re letting them make a life commitment like that? I’m with Joe on this one, and I think painting someone with that opinion as transphobic is really not helpful.
Children don't make the decision, doctors do. They understand the complexities and as that study shows they have been able to significantly reduce the suicide risk through the use of puberty blockers both during adolescence and in the long run.

It's not a lifelong commitment. The effects are fully reversible simply by no longer using them.

I don't know why you think you know better than doctors on this.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Though I think he also had a go at casual transphobia jokes in Ace Ventura, recently.
Now there's a movie that would be burned at the stake in the current zeitgeist. Funny how times change. Quite sure no one gave a feck about the Finkle is Einhorn jokes back then.

DOTA

Now there's a movie that would be burned at the stake in the current zeitgeist. Funny how times change. Quite sure no one gave a feck about the Finkle is Einhorn jokes back then.
One I watched as a kid a couple times and then decided to get nostalgic and watch recently. I remembered none of that stuff, obviously, cause it just wasn't a thing of note back then. Just about stopped my eyes rolling out of their sockets during those bits and managed to enjoy the rest.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
One I watched as a kid a couple times and then decided to get nostalgic and watch recently. I remembered none of that stuff, obviously, cause it just wasn't a thing of note back then. Just about stopped my eyes rolling out of their sockets during those bits and managed to enjoy the rest.
Same, I loved that movie as a kid. Didn't age too well. Robin Hood: Men in Tights is another such example. Though some scenes in that will make me laugh my arse clean off till the day I die.