Joe Rogan

OleBoiii

Will he still keep sponsor money(plugs, not Spotify commercials for free edition users)? Fecking hell, he may actually become a podcast billionaire at this stage.

Tibs

Fair play to him for the deal.

I only listened first listened to his earlier this year, and there have been a few really brilliant episodes (Dr. Brian Cox, the sleep doctor to name a couple)...however as time has gone on, I've realised its the interesting/intellectual nature of the guests that are making it, not Joe Rogan. I've found myself watching other videos of the guests that are just as interesting tbh.

If mushroom companies every need a promoter, he's the man for it

Sweet Square

In the context of social distancing at a comedy club... yes 6 feet part is not going to make much of a difference. Is that controversial?
They aren't going to open any comedy clubs, so conflating it with social distancing and saying "There's no real science to it'' is just stupid. The same with saying ''just allow people to do what they want to do''.

Rogan is an idiot who will happily flip his views depending the conversation.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
They aren't going to open any comedy clubs, so conflating it with social distancing and saying "There's no real science to it'' is just stupid. The same with saying ''just allow people to do what they want to do''.

Rogan is an idiot who will happily flip his views depending the conversation.
There was a video of a restaurant in China that showed how fast the virus travels within that restaurant. 6 feet apart or whatever, it won't benefit much. This particular restaurant carried the virus through the air conditioning I believe.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Nothing, but why can't I watch full episodes of Game of Thrones on YouTube? Because they have people who flag it for copyright.
There are UFC fights all over YouTube, despite the fact that the UFC routinely flags copyright abusers.

OleBoiii

He's definitely gonna miss out on a lot of "casual listeners" now. 90% of my listening has been while taking a shit or going down the youtube rabbit hole while drunk.

caid

What's to stop anyone from simply uploading his Spotify content to YouTube ?
Nothing, they almost certainly will. Copyright, exclusivity and the internet don't mix. Thats spotify's problem though

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Yeah, except for he didn't.

His stance is that corona is not as bad as they say it is. And he's correct. The media is sensationalizing covid numbers and hospitals are incentivized to report more covid deaths.

Also how is spotify buggy? You using a 2007 smartphone? Works flawlessly for me and it's the biggest audio platform in the world that just keeps getting bigger. The future will be on Spotify for podcasts.
We also have proof of covid numbers being manipulated to falsely show that cases are dropping in Georgia and people being fired for refusing to do the same thing in Florida. Does that mean covid is as bad as they say and that Rogan is incorrect?

NYAS

Because of this thread I watched my first Rogan podcast earlier today (I knew about him but never watched/listened to an episode).

It was the one with the sleep guy. Potentially changed my life.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
We also have proof of covid numbers being manipulated to falsely show that cases are dropping in Georgia and people being fired for refusing to do the same thing in Florida. Does that mean covid is as bad as they say and that Rogan is incorrect?
Can you show me this proof?

cyberman

Listen to this if you want your mind melted. So much Covid misinformation that it hurts

OleBoiii

My favorite thing about Joe Rogan his fascination for chimps and gorillas.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
He's covered so much ground in life. From pool to kickboxing to TV presenting to hunting to stand up and his podcast, along with generally staying in great shape.

I often wonder if he has some sort of proactive gene that I don't have or if he works really hard at being proactive and I'm just a lazy feck in comparison.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's covered so much ground in life. From pool to kickboxing to TV presenting to hunting to stand up and his podcast, along with generally staying in great shape.

I often wonder if he has some sort of proactive gene that I don't have or if he works really hard at being proactive and I'm just a lazy feck in comparison.
Its the DMT at work

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Get yourself on his HGH and knock yourself out.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Can you show me this proof?
My point was that Rogan isn’t correct about anything just because the media is sensationalizing things, they could write that the virus doesn’t exist or that it will kill everyone tomorrow and it still wouldn’t change what’s actually happening. I also doubt all hospitals in every country around the world fudges their numbers.

Anyway, here are the first links I found. (which btw are about as relevant as the media hype and conspiracy theories about hospital frauds)

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/sto...numbers-reopening-manipulated-data-brian-kemp

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...red-refusing-change-covid-19-data-reopen-plan

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I’d really like someone who isn’t him to approach a lot of the people and subjects he talks about.
That’s what gets me. How has someone more likeable and intelligent not just thought “I’ll give that a nudge”. He’s terrible at what he does, but he has fabulous guests a lot of the time.

There was a sweet spot for a while where he was less prone to hearing thirty seconds of information then deciding he was an expert. Or when he’d hear something that countered his existing thoughts and take it in.

The Podcast jumped the shark long ago. It’s become everything he hated before. But it’s justified by saying ‘I can do 4 hours and say whatever the Fcuk I want’

UnrelatedPsuedo

The podcast section is buggy as feck and the interface is the worst available of any podcast app.
I dont even know where to start with his covid shit. Theres a difference between downplaying the virus and telling us social distancing is a joke, everything should be reopened, only the out of shape die from it, going to a sauna keeps you safe, fecking hest shock proteins.
There isnt any difference between Joe and those out protesting the streets for reopening.
His complaining about Corona virus measures has taken over his podcast.
His Lockdown problem is wrapped up in the fact that the vast majority of his regular consumers, are the people that wouldn’t be sensible. Yes we could have a common sense approach. But far too many people are cnuts. Hence the harsher lockdowns.

Oggmonster

That’s what gets me. How has someone more likeable and intelligent not just thought “I’ll give that a nudge”. He’s terrible at what he does, but he has fabulous guests a lot of the time.

There was a sweet spot for a while where he was less prone to hearing thirty seconds of information then deciding he was an expert. Or when he’d hear something that countered his existing thoughts and take it in.

The Podcast jumped the shark long ago. It’s become everything he hated before. But it’s justified by saying ‘I can do 4 hours and say whatever the Fcuk I want’
He's got a bit of a cult behind him who repeat everything he says verbatim and pass it off as right.

I used to listen to it when driving long distances for work a few years ago and some of it was interesting. He also used to let guests speak, now he interrupts with weird conspriacy theories and it is largely unlistenable. It's pretty much Joe Rogan interviewing himself with a guest occasionally speaking.

One of my mates is mad into it and used to assume no one else had heard it for some reason and would be in the pub giving these dead obscure facts, someone else who listened to bits of Rogan picked up on it and told us all (except the guy doing it) and we listened to the latest episode and when he was reeling off his latest Rogan facts we'd finish them for him having all listened to the exact same thing.

Rogan is desperate to be the smartest guy in the room, with the fight companion stuff he normally is but when he gets people on who are more intelligent it usually ends badly cos he's desperate to prove himself and just looks a bit of a dick. I can't remember who it was but he asked some guy about weed once and the guy said he didn't smoke it (but had no problem at all with people who did) and Rogan wenty on some weird rant for ages about it like the guy was the devil, was a bit odd.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's got a bit of a cult behind him who repeat everything he says verbatim and pass it off as right.

I used to listen to it when driving long distances for work a few years ago and some of it was interesting. He also used to let guests speak, now he interrupts with weird conspriacy theories and it is largely unlistenable. It's pretty much Joe Rogan interviewing himself with a guest occasionally speaking.

One of my mates is mad into it and used to assume no one else had heard it for some reason and would be in the pub giving these dead obscure facts, someone else who listened to bits of Rogan picked up on it and told us all (except the guy doing it) and we listened to the latest episode and when he was reeling off his latest Rogan facts we'd finish them for him having all listened to the exact same thing.

Rogan is desperate to be the smartest guy in the room, with the fight companion stuff he normally is but when he gets people on who are more intelligent it usually ends badly cos he's desperate to prove himself and just looks a bit of a dick. I can't remember who it was but he asked some guy about weed once and the guy said he didn't smoke it (but had no problem at all with people who did) and Rogan wenty on some weird rant for ages about it like the guy was the devil, was a bit odd.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Many of his problems stem from the fact he’s not very well travelled. He’s devoid of all culture. He’s hugely liberal, but those ideas and principles are trying to grow in the least fertile soil on the planet. They get suffocated by “FREEDUM!” And all that that entails. He’s an oaf.

cyberman

There was a great post on his sub about how he processes information and how its evident when Jamie pulls it up. He'll read the first few sentences out aloud and his mind is made up, thats what he focuses on. The actual article is mumbled into irrelevance.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
There was a great post on his sub about how he processes information and how its evident when Jamie pulls it up. He'll read the first few sentences out aloud and his mind is made up, thats what he focuses on. The actual article is mumbled into irrelevance.
Please don't say you're still listening to his podcast and even checking out his reddit?

You've hated this guy for years! Don't do it to yourself.

UnrelatedPsuedo

There was a great post on his sub about how he processes information and how its evident when Jamie pulls it up. He'll read the first few sentences out aloud and his mind is made up, thatsbwhat he focuses on. The actual article is mumbled into irrelevance
He tried to get Tony Hawk talking about CTE. Hawk was more knowledgeable. Tried to love it towards surfing and Laird Hamilton. Hawk knew him, had surfed with him and again, was more knowledgeable.

I gave up after maybe 30-40 minutes. I really like Tony Hawk too.

cyberman

Please don't say you're still listening to his podcast and even checking out his reddit?

You've hated this guy for years! Don't do it to yourself.
Was reading up on his 100m deal!
Caught the last fight companion because Eddie was on and I wanted to hear his thoughts on leading Tonys corner.
Ive regretted it ever since

Adcuth

I've not listened to his show in a while, I sometimes catch clips of his show when I get recommended on YouTube, always tends to be some far right opinionist telling me how shit feminism or woke culture is. Which I know is more to do with YouTube algorithm, you watch 1 video of Candice Owens on his show getting embarrassed on climate change it's all I get recommended on YouTube.

Spotify has 350 million users with 150 of those premium looking at those numbers you'd assume he'll be fine but I'd like to know how many actually use the podcast side of it. I've been on premium for 6 years and never used the podcast side of it.
I listen to the Steve Austin podcast on it.