Joel Glazer: If you want to know the road ahead find someone who’s been there

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Weird to see this bastard on a field celebrated in gear, making press releases. He talks about making ambitious moves such as with Tom Brady to be successful. Any chance we'll ever see this from him for United?

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Weird to see this bastard on a field celebrated in gear. He talks about having to get Tom Brady and having ambition in their NFL trades. Any chance we'll ever see this from him for United?

What? from Tom Brady?!

Not sure he's a great fit to be honest.

Skills

Snitch
Haven't we bought the most expensive defender in the world and most expensive midfielder in the world under them?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Haven't we bought the most expensive defender in the world and most expensive midfielder in the world under them?
it kind of shows how little they know about the sport? Pogbas obviously been very good in patches but was never ever going to be leader in his early to mid 20s. Massively distracted and poor in patches.Has looked to be on the way out of the club for 4 of his 5 summers here. Flagship signing. Never built a team around him. I do sympathise with the player to an extent though. How was he going to win with Matic lingard and pereira starting beside him. I doubt thats what the club pitched him before he signed. They will most likely make him the highest paid player in the league to stay. I think that’s going to be another huge expensive mistake.

Maguire looks like finally trusting the scouts even if it is scouting by numbers. Let’s not buy him and send the coach you just signed up to a huge long new deal off into a meltdown and then pay 25% more for him a year later on top of paying off the highest paid coach in the country to leave. Who’s the best English centre back in the league. Oh it’s still that guy but he’s a lot more expensive now. Best get it done anyway. At least he’s the kind of player Fergie would have signed and hopefully a signal that we are returning to the approach that made us successful in the first place.

Sanchez: I called it before he signed. Absolute disaster all round.

Di Maria: did anybody even talk to him before he signed?

lukaku: not the right fit. Worse than useless after he fell out with Pogba. Since been replaced with a loan and a free transfer

Making DDG the highest paid keeper in the world.

giving Woodward with no background or contacts in the game so much power. Not moving him aside at any stage.

letting the stadium fall into disrepair

letting the youth system fall behind on their watch. fair enough they’ve since addressed this.

letting Haaland and Upamecano slip through their fingers when they were in the building and going for peanuts. We are just very weak when it comes to recruitment and way too smug about it too.

the stupid contacts we keep handing out

the dof lie after every poor window preparing to make bids.

Briefing the press that Bruno loses the ball too much for a top team and then going back 6 months later cap in hand and paying more. They tried their best to not get that deal done. They killed the sancho deal and left us without a right winger for yet another season but they may get him a bit cheaper a year later because of a pandemic. they got a bit of luck there and with Bruno and now the narrative is they know what they are at... madness.

They are absolute spoofers and by far the biggest problem at the club is that they get final say on everything.

Last edited:

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
To be fair we’ve spent a fecking fortune since the retirement of Sir Alex, poor recruitment isn’t their fault. Just a few months ago people were losing their shit not spending €120m on Sancho and now he might be available for far less. We’re nearly there I believe, 2 or 3 top additions and we can go to the next level.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Yep. And also the most expensive striker in lukaku at the time. We have spent a lot under them and is a reason why we are in second at the moment.

With regards to the quote, I believe it will just be a continuation on what we have been doing. I am quite positive this summer, we will spend a lot again and attract some of the best talent in the world. Mike Phelan has been at the top under Sir Alex as a manager, so I believe his experience is helpful to Ole. If we use the same formula, we will definitely get back on top of Europe again. The only thing missing is a manager that can bring all this talent we have together and form a strong team capable of challenging for the highest Honours.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
To be fair we’ve spent a fecking fortune since the retirement of Sir Alex, poor recruitment isn’t their fault. Just a few months ago people were losing their shit not spending €120m on Sancho and now he might be available for far less. We’re nearly there I believe, 2 or 3 top additions and we can go to the next level.
We have, but they haven’t. Everything we’ve spent is money generated by the club, adhering to a budget.

SuperiorXI

They own the club, the buck stops with them.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Weird to see this bastard on a field celebrated in gear, making press releases. He talks about making ambitious moves such as with Tom Brady to be successful. Any chance we'll ever see this from him for United?

These guys actually make my skin crawl... not a jot of charisma between the lot of them
Strange comments.

I don’t like these type of (capitalist) owners but I can’t say I dislike the Glazers as individuals. The fact that they own two of the most recognized clubs/organizations in the world tells me that they know their onions.

The Bucs with Brady, AB, Gronk and probably one of the best D-line in the NFL has done some remarkable achievement by winning the SB, in the middle of a Pandemic with only a few weeks of virtual preparation. Right now Tampa Bay is the place for every free agent to go.

United is on is way up and not far away from reaching the mountain top. Ole is making great progress , just like Bruce Arians did this season with Brady & Co.

We could easily have some owners with lower ambitions.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Click bait article. I knew as soon as the Buccs won papers like MEN would be all over it speculating about spending at Utd.
They are 2 quite different sports in terms of spending and recruitment. What happens in NFL or American sports in general has no bearing on us. Our recruitment under various managers has been woefully inadequate while others have bought shrewdly with good results. It’s about decisions at board level and is lacking a good DOF is key to those signings

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He doesn't give a shit about football. We don't have to force him to. Just invest more of our working capital on the team.

Coops73

These guys actually make my skin crawl... not a jot of charisma between the lot of them
Their apologists, defenders and supporters make my skin crawl and is probably while we’ll see them rape our club for a long while yet.

clarkydaz

Strange comments.

I don’t like these type of (capitalist) owners but I can’t say I dislike the Glazers as individuals. The fact that they own two of the most recognized clubs/organizations in the world tells me that they know their onions.

The Bucs with Brady, AB, Gronk and probably one of the best D-line in the NFL has done some remarkable achievement by winning the SB, in the middle of a Pandemic with only a few weeks of virtual preparation. Right now Tampa Bay is the place for every free agent to go.

United is on is way up and not far away from reaching the mountain top. Ole is making great progress , just like Bruce Arians did this season with Brady & Co.

Their father handed them the golden goose that cant fail financially, no matter how much they have potentially messed us up. Dont give these people any credit whatsoever bar their ability to rinse the clubs name

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
If we are to win trophies again, I hope to god these cretins don't stink up the celebrations. So weird that owners are presented the trophies in the Super Bowl. Is it an American thing?

RedDevil@84

Can someone explain what he meant by that and how is it related to Man Utd?

They appoint the guy in charge of recruitment.... if recruitment is not working they appointed the wrong guy, they are at fault for not rectifying that.

Fosu-Mens

United is on is way up and not far away from reaching the mountain top.
Unless Pep leaves City and the knowledge in their squad is suddenly forgotten, then we are still far from the top.
Takes more than buying a couple of great players to close the huge gap in ability/institutional knowledge on how to play/pass/attack/press as a team.

Chairman Steve

American sport is like the polar opposite of what happens here.

Owners are front and centre of the team a lot of time from Steinbrenner and the Yankees to Jerry Jones and the Cowboys. I have no idea why NFL has a system where the trophy presentation is made to a bunch of suits and not the playing and coaching staff who played the season, but whatever.

Meanwhile here, owners are shoved to the back and any form of dialogue from them regarding their team is criticised and the majority of people will tell them to shut the feck up and let the team play.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If we are to win trophies again, I hope to god these cretins don't stink up the celebrations. So weird that owners are presented the trophies in the Super Bowl. Is it an American thing?
Yeah but imagine Joel Glazer the 3rd appearing in every introductory montage to a CL game on TV (as the anthem climaxes), lifting the trophy, tears trickling down his ginger beard, the players a mere reflection in the trophy

Ali Dia

American sport is like the polar opposite of what happens here.

Owners are front and centre of the team a lot of time from Steinbrenner and the Yankees to Jerry Jones and the Cowboys. I have no idea why NFL has a system where the trophy presentation is made to a bunch of suits and not the playing and coaching staff who played the season, but whatever.

Meanwhile here, owners are shoved to the back and any form of dialogue from them regarding their team is criticised and the majority of people will tell them to shut the feck up and let the team play.
I’d love to hear something from them, anything. How do they think it’s been going and how will they improve etc. No chance though.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

What i can deduce from that article is that we’re signing ronaldo

Chairman Steve

I’d love to hear something from them, anything. How do they think it’s been going and how will they improve etc. No chance though.
Of course but they assign their flunky Woodward to do that for them.

Just like how gooners get pissed off when they want Kroenke to speak but they end up getting his flunky son Josh.

It really wouldn’t surprise me if they couldnt name half our starting lineups most weeks. They probably think De Gea and Fernandes are their Mexican landscapers in Tampa.

g11

Strange comments.

Bucs and Man Utd seems to have very similar path :)
Bucs was 27-53 before this year with multiple failures in FA signings and 1st/2nd round drafts.
Their GM/Litch's seat was on fire - he then went all in the last two years - creating a good offense and a dominant defense.
Brady is GOAT but Bucs' D won the Super Bowl.

Now we just need to have Ed Woodward to realize that we need to have a new CB.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
So - Ronnie then?

If not this summer, then...well, I suppose he can keep himself in shape until 2027.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Funny seeing the reaction to them winning the Superbowl.

We've been calling them rancid cockwarts, rightly, for the best part of 15 years but people expect them to have passion for United? We're a money making machine for them, nothing more, and we're stuck with them forever. Deal with it.

Crustanoid

Scum of the earth.

If you’re looking for a reason why we have struggled for the last decade near enough look no further.

They laugh at us while they pocket money gained from our love of our football club

Ali Dia

Of course but they assign their flunky Woodward to do that for them.

Just like how gooners get pissed off when they want Kroenke to speak but they end up getting his flunky son Josh.

It really wouldn’t surprise me if they couldnt name half our starting lineups most weeks. They probably think De Gea and Fernandes are their Mexican landscapers in Tampa.
:lol: :(

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
People still bringing this up ? Glazers has been one of the best owners in whole footballing world. They have continuously spent fortunes as transfer fees which at which point we all were so happy about. Its not their problem that players failed miserably or managers couldn't get the best out of them.

95% of the club's would kill to have Glazers as owners.

laughtersassassin

People still bringing this up ? Glazers has been one of the best owners in whole footballing world. They have continuously spent fortunes as transfer fees which at which point we all were so happy about. Its not their problem that players failed miserably or managers couldn't get the best out of them.

95% of the club's would kill to have Glazers as owners.
Are you dense?

Juanuzayne

Lol@ people still complaining about the Glazers. What more do you want? They have dished out enormous transfer fees year after year. They are not the problem. The people identifying the targets are.