Joel Glazer sets fan forum date (4th June)

jlecesne

I’m not sure what everyone is expecting to hear. There will be plenty of prepared statements about how important the fans are, that they are going to start listening to the fans, we want to win trophies, we’ll be active in the transfer market, etc.

The way that they saddled the club with debt is criminal. They took over a debt free club and put it hundreds of millions of pounds in debt. Unless I hear something (which we won’t) about them using personal assets or personal loans to start clearing said debt I will still believe them to be scum and want them gone.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Means nothing and as others have said, actions speak louder than words. There are quite a few things, beyond 9-figure transfers, that they can do to make the fans happy.

Let's see them do it of preferably they can feck off.

bosskeano

they better have some damn good security when they arrive and leave that meeting

ROFLUTION

"Morning fellas, glad you all came for this nice and decent soccer chat. Just saw a Bryan Giggs compilation yesterday, how about we do a statue for that fella? The female audience would love that. Alright folks, time's getting late here in Tampa, catch ya later man uuu heads. Btw here's a picture of the Tea Lady of old Trafford. Guess what, we'll have two of those next year, so buy Man Utd stock!! Goodbye and Glory Glory!"

RedDevilzFox

Its easy to be cynical but they don't even need to do this. Fans have been barking for years.

The fact that he is trying to engage is a positive step IMO.

Reactions: Rood

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Fully expect us to have some shiny new toys for him to talk up. No way he joins this on the back of things right now, especially if we don't win the Europa next week.

laughtersassassin

I'll be interested to see two or three things.

1. IF there is anything significant said about the debt (Doubtful)

2. If He backs up anything from his statement with a tangible action (Doubtful)

3. if we make our main summer signing before it to try distract and cool tensions. ( Probable)

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Its easy to be cynical but they don't even need to do this. Fans have been barking for years.

The fact that he is trying to engage is a positive step IMO.
I’d concur with this, although as ever the proof is in the actions not the words. The glazers need to back up the open letter with concrete proposals and then action them. Until such a time it is correct that protests continue to draw attention to Fans grievances.

On the flip, If we do have a few signings to deflect criticism then at least we won’t be scrapping around on deadline day praying for a miracle again.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Between our EL game and 4th June there is hardly any time to shower the fans with superstar signings, come on...

Loon

:lol:
‘Basically I’m here to nod a lot, make some patronising comments; so you lot will then shut the feck up and let me continue to make money.... off you and your club.“

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
That's what it needs though, I don't want no loose cannons meeting with Joel, I want the meeting to be productive and beneficial.

They'll be from MUST and they know what needs to be said and done in a professional manner too.
I was thinking more along the lines of stooges to be honest, but yeah people from MUST would be ideal.
Yep. You don't want to kill the forum immediately by having a group of hostile people with zero tact involved.
The members of the Fans Forum are already in place as there are already a few Fans Forum meetings every season, in the past it was usually with Woodward and various other staff

Currently there are 11 members representing different aspects of the fanbase; this includes 1 member from MUST, 1 from The Red Army, 1 from a supporters club, 1 from local area etc

tenpoless

Use RedCafe as a platform you idiot. Just sign up for a new account and verify yourself by posting your own pic holding a paper with a handwritten text "OnlyCafFans".

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
The members of the Fans Forum are already in place as there are already a few Fans Forum meetings every season, in the past it was usually with Woodward and various other staff

Currently there are 11 members representing different aspects of the fanbase; this includes 1 member from MUST, 1 from The Red Army, 1 from a supporters club, 1 from local area etc
Pressure for 50+1 should be a “red line” (thank you); then fix stadium, invest in players, permanent fan representation. Could be decent if based on some of the previous work done by MUST. Key to have the right people there.

Dve

This will be funny.

"Mr. Joel, Fred isn't that good, we need a midfielder".
"We have a player named Fred ?".
"Yes. He´s from Brazil. And Donny should be given more game time".
"Well, I´ll see what I can do, but I guess I´ll have to talk to... you know, the curly guy"

Last edited:

jem

Assuming its an open and honest forum, fans should take this opportunity to get some messages across specially around spending and supporting Ole.

Any discussion of Glazers selling and leaving would be a waste of an opportunity. They will leave when they see fit.
And hiring proper football people rather than the likes of Woodward, Judge, and Arnold.

Colin Clarke

Why is anyone expecting anything m
I’m not sure what everyone is expecting to hear. There will be plenty of prepared statements about how important the fans are, that they are going to start listening to the fans, we want to win trophies, we’ll be active in the transfer market, etc.

The way that they saddled the club with debt is criminal. They took over a debt free club and put it hundreds of millions of pounds in debt. Unless I hear something (which we won’t) about them using personal assets or personal loans to start clearing said debt I will still believe them to be scum and want them gone.
Exactly. Unfortunately for Joel the time for talking is over. No matter what he says or doesn't say, what promises he makes to placate the fans, he can only cool their anger by actions. We have heard all the promises before. Now we need Action. The right funding for the team, the right funding to repair the stadium. Proof the family want us to be winners again.

Aouer-United

I think he will be a flop, I'm not convinced by his performance over the last 16 years, always hidding behind and goes invisible in all games, it is ridiculous he takes home 20m a year

stw2022

50+1 won’t ever happen. It’ll be a criminal waste of an opportunity if the hardliners shove that fanciful unicorn to the centre of the stage to the cost of other things that could actually be achievable

shahzy

Maybe I'm getting hoodwinked, but could this actually be positive change? They've never done this or even tried to do this in the past, actually listening to fan's views even if it doesn't materialise. It's atleast nice to be heard.

Or this could just be a PR exercise that the PR exec has ordered as they advise that it's impossible to continue ownership if the fans are this riled up going forwards as it would hurt revenue

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Of all of them, Joel is the one who seems to have an actual interest in the club. As said could be all PR bollocks but if we can get a dialogue going and move in a more positive direction for all involved and start working towards resolving the issues. I can't see them selling and I can't see anyone stumping up the cash to buy us. It's not as if there's a bunch banging on the door with bids. We may have to find a way for us all to move forward. I do want them out, but I can't see it happening. Not without detrimental aggressive planned action by the fans to critically reduce the income and the value of the club, which would be a long campaign over a few seasons and pretty much destroy us to rebuild in the future. Something I'm not sure anyone wants.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Pressure for 50+1 should be a “red line” (thank you); then fix stadium, invest in players, permanent fan representation. Could be decent if based on some of the previous work done by MUST. Key to have the right people there.
50+1 is not going to come from the Glazers, that has to come from the government but some kind of share sale process would be the next best thing

Getting a fan on the board is the bare minimum that should be expected since Chelsea and Spurs have already commited to that - I am sure he will also commit to some kind of ground improvements since it was probably in the planning anyway

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
FANS' FORUM
The Fans’ Forum offers an opportunity to discuss issues relevant to match-going fans.

Along with representatives from MUDSA and other outside Fans’ Groups, there are 10 fans from groups that reflect the mix of supporters who attend matches and meet with senior Club officials. They represent Season Ticket holders, members of the Official Membership scheme, MUSC, Executive Club members, the Family Stand, fans aged over 65 and local resident fans.
Supporters can send in questions to be raised at the Forum up to four weeks before a meeting takes place. Each representative has an email address you can use to contact them and discuss issues or raise questions.

The most recent Fans’ Forum was held on Friday 16 April 2021.
So basically you can email these guys questions (which they will then choose to raise... or not).

https://www.manutd.com/en/fans/fans-forum/fans-forum-representatives

Here is the last minutes of meeting to give you an idea of what to expect
https://assets.manutd.com/AssetPick...ril_2021_Final_Minutes1619197103898_img1x.pdf

TLDR... Meh

Glazers Out!

It has to be 50 + 1 and Glazer's Out. How would he even know about or acknowledge that that if it's not brought up.

The other demand should be that he promises not to keep trying to go for Relegation immunity or a Super League.

Ekeke

My concern is that the fans ,who are in attendance and get to put forward questions, might be alittle too nervous and give him abit of a free ride.

There certainly needs to be a balance obviously .
I expect it'll be the opposite and they'll complain about other things like good players ("AWB isnt good enough on the ball we need a new RB" etc) as well as real issues and it'll confuse and dilute resolution of the biggest and most important changes that could be made

RUCK4444

I hope one of them screams ‘Announce Sancho!!’

I actually hope they put pressure on him about squad investment and don’t harp on too much about the stadium. We get back to winning ways the stadium will take care of itself.

Glorio

I really hope none of the fans calls out specific players when asking for improvements.
I'm sure the players will be interested in this, and hearing random folk dissing you online on random social media sites is one thing, hearing it from an appointed fan contingent in an official meeting with the owners is completely different. Could be soul destroying.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I expect it'll be the opposite and they'll complain about other things like good players ("AWB isnt good enough on the ball we need a new RB" etc) as well as real issues and it'll confuse and dilute resolution of the biggest and most important changes that could be made
I really hope none of the fans calls out specific players when asking for improvements.
I'm sure the players will be interested in this, and hearing random folk dissing you online on random social media sites is one thing, hearing it from an appointed fan contingent in an official meeting with the owners is completely different. Could be soul destroying.
I guarantee you there will be nothing like this

most of the members are long time fans, it's not a bunch of clueless kids like you make out!

minutes of previous Fan Forums are available online - it's a professional set up

poleglass red

probably a bunch of mild questions he's already had access to pre meeting. The main thing we as fans want, is a cheese room. I'd be surprised if the Glazer's will publicly address this thorn in their side. The money is there, the demand is there, get it done.