Joel Glazer sets fan forum date (4th June)

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Joel must be feeling brave all of a sudden. Although, you'd imagine those given the opportunity to ask him questions would have been pre-selected based on how "nice" they are.

If he really wants to test his manliness, then he should sign up here.

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus
My concern is that the fans ,who are in attendance and get to put forward questions, might be alittle too nervous and give him abit of a free ride.

There certainly needs to be a balance obviously .
Very Much doubt they will give him a free ride with all the media now openly attacking the way the Glazer Family has owned and managed United.

Ekeke

I guarantee you there will be nothing like this

most of the members are long time fans, it's not a bunch of clueless kids like you make out!

minutes of previous Fan Forums are available online - it's a professional set up
I hope thats true, my worry comes from posters on here

steffyr2

It has to be 50 + 1 and Glazer's Out. How would he even know about or acknowledge that that if it's not brought up.

The other demand should be that he promises not to keep trying to go for Relegation immunity or a Super League.
That would be a short meeting.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
What a ridiculous demand to make!

Yes Mr Joel Glazer. We want half of the club that you own & oh yes and we want you to leave too.

Which basically makes 50+1 redundant.

50+1 will only work with the Glazers in power, getting someone else to take over and then cut his purchase in half for 50+1 makes no real business sense. Who in their right mind would buy something at 50% and then give half of it away for free?

We're going to have to work WITH the Glazers, whether you like it or not. They aren't exactly going anywhere and it seems as though they are doing all the right things to put themselves back into the good books of the fans. (If they were ever there to begin with anyway)

It has to be 50 + 1 and Glazer's Out. How would he even know about or acknowledge that that if it's not brought up.

The other demand should be that he promises not to keep trying to go for Relegation immunity or a Super League.

Maticmaker

:lol:

MUST behaving professionally and being productive
:confused: Exactly!
What is the make up of MUST, I thought they were the original MU Shareholders Trust, who will be their representatives at this meeting and are they representing just ex-shareholders, or all levels of fans and supporters, in the UK and World Wide?

Will a list, of those purporting to speak for the fans be issued, will we get a chance to review their intended manifesto?
Surely this cannot be left to a group of 'self appointed' fans, what is their strategy, what are the main points they will put to Joel?

If it turns out to be , "we hate you... so Joel, just do one" then I think we all know where that will end.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
The members of the Fans Forum are already in place as there are already a few Fans Forum meetings every season, in the past it was usually with Woodward and various other staff

Currently there are 11 members representing different aspects of the fanbase; this includes 1 member from MUST, 1 from The Red Army, 1 from a supporters club, 1 from local area etc
Thanks @Rood I'm not familiar with how previous engagements went, do you think the existing participants will make for an effective and productive discussion?

Red_toad

What a ridiculous demand to make!

Yes Mr Joel Glazer. We want half of the club that you own & oh yes and we want you to leave too.

Which basically makes 50+1 redundant.

50+1 will only work with the Glazers in power, getting someone else to take over and then cut his purchase in half for 50+1 makes no real business sense. Who in their right mind would buy something at 50% and then give half of it away for free?

We're going to have to work WITH the Glazers, whether you like it or not. They aren't exactly going anywhere and it seems as though they are doing all the right things to put themselves back into the good books of the fans. (If they were ever there to begin with anyway)
When did they buy the club? It's all in loans so belongs to the banks!
The club is now worth 3 or 4 times what they paid for it, so they're still quids in with giving half away and paying off their debt
I don't believe anyone is asking them to give the club away, more make changes to how decisions are made within the club and finance the club better. There is no excuse 16 years later to be 500 million plus in debt and the stadium visibly crumbling.

Yakuza_devils

Let's hear from him first. This guy seems really want to make a change.

He already get rid of the useless Ed, it's a very good start. Next, he should get rid of the useless group of DOF and etc. Get proper football people to run the club.

They must also commit to investment into the squad and stadium.

Finally, the supporters should have more say in the club decisions.

stw2022

There is a chance to actually achieve something but fear the noisy “SELL TO AN IMAGINARY BILLIONAIRE YOU FECKS” will ensure nothing constructive or progressive happens

Flying high

He already get rid of the useless Ed, it's a very good start. Next, he should get rid of the useless group of DOF and etc. Get proper football people to run the club.

And their plans to pay off their debt with their money, maybe?

Because if we as a club are going to have to pay it off, then any extra spending to temporarily appease the fans will just make the situation worse. This must be addressed directly. Vague promises of refinancing will not cut it.

Yakuza_devils

And their plans to pay off their debt with their money, maybe?

Because if we as a club are going to have to pay it off, then any extra spending to temporarily appease the fans will just make the situation worse. This must be addressed directly. Vague promises of refinancing will not cut it.
It's a good point but IMHO we have bigger fish to fry. I'm no finance expert and I will leave it to other to comment on loans, debts, repayment, interests matters.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
When did they buy the club? It's all in loans so belongs to the banks!
The club is now worth 3 or 4 times what they paid for it, so they're still quids in with giving half away and paying off their debt
I don't believe anyone is asking them to give the club away, more make changes to how decisions are made within the club and finance the club better. There is no excuse 16 years later to be 500 million plus in debt and the stadium visibly crumbling.
The poster I quoted said that what should be said at the meeting is "50+1 and Glazers Out."

Makes no sense

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I hope for his sake Ole win's the Europa League trophy. :D

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's brave doing that if he actually goes. It will probably be a careful selected group of fans anyway though.
Just a bit.
It'd won't be an open invitation to the hooligan crew!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My concern is that the fans ,who are in attendance and get to put forward questions, might be alittle too nervous and give him abit of a free ride.

There certainly needs to be a balance obviously .
Definitely.
Meek polite guys letting him do a PR thing aren't great.

But the goons who stormed the ground, throwing sh!T isn't going to help either.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
:confused: Exactly!
What is the make up of MUST, I thought they were the original MU Shareholders Trust, who will be their representatives at this meeting and are they representing just ex-shareholders, or all levels of fans and supporters, in the UK and World Wide?

Will a list, of those purporting to speak for the fans be issued, will we get a chance to review their intended manifesto?
Surely this cannot be left to a group of 'self appointed' fans, what is their strategy, what are the main points they will put to Joel?

If it turns out to be , "we hate you... so Joel, just do one" then I think we all know where that will end.
Seems you don't know much about MUST, not difficult to find answers to your questions! https://www.imust.org.uk/

And anyway MUST will be just 1 of 11 fan groups represented on the Fans Forum - the list has already been posted in this thread and the open letter sent by the Fans Forum with a list of demands has been widely circulated already and can be found at the link above

Plus you can hear me discussing the fans 'manifesto' and 5 point plan on this show from a couple of weeks ago - fast forward to 31:00 if you don't want to hear the whole thing
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...d=0CAYQkfYCahcKEwiw7vHMu9nwAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Thanks @Rood I'm not familiar with how previous engagements went, do you think the existing participants will make for an effective and productive discussion?
Yes I believe so - as mentioned, these Fan Forum meetings take place several times a year and usually it is the fans putting questions to Woodward so the format is nothing new, just this time Joel Glazer will attend (I assume he will not be there in person though)

There have actually been some positive things achieved by the Fans Forum working with the club in recent years - singing section, safe standing, ticket price concessions etc

Marcus

Yes I believe so - as mentioned, these Fan Forum meetings take place several times a year and usually it is the fans putting questions to Woodward so the format is nothing new, just this time Joel Glazer will attend (I assume he will not be there in person though)

There have actually been some positive things achieved by the Fans Forum working with the club in recent years - singing section, safe standing, ticket price concessions etc
I want to hear what he has to say and the timeframe within which he will act on what he promises (which I am sure he will make). Investment in players, stadium and training ground. Commitment to have ongoing genuine dialogue with fans with concrete outcomes. Also a declaration to abandon the idea of a super league and to keep the club located in Manchester.

Crustanoid

Nothing less than:

Repair Old Trafford
Repay all debt they have laden us with
Investment on a massive scale to make us perennial title/CL challengers like we should be given the money we earn
Sort the women’s facilities so we challenge every year. Looks as though the plastic teams always seem to dominate there. In what universe is that ok?
We need the best youth facilities to reflect our heritage there
50+1 at the very least or else sell up

Anything less and the parasite needs to sell up

Number32

Joel did nothing to Ed's resignation. He only has 17% of voting power among the boards member, his brothers and sister have a veto over his decision. So, it's impossible to ask him get rid of anyone or hire a proper football people to run the club. He is surely not Roman or Sheikh who can be a dictator in their football club.

clarkydaz

Joel did nothing to Ed's resignation. He only has 17% of voting power among the boards member, his brothers and sister have a veto over his decision. So, it's impossible to ask him get rid of anyone or hire a proper football people to run the club. He is surely not Roman or Sheikh who can be a dictator in their football club.
His brothers and sisters dont care a jot about the club, they stay in America and wait for the cheques. Joel put his name on the superleague and addressed the fans, so safe to think he is in charge

predator

Youth NITK
Imagine Joel pulls a madness and announces Kane. I wonder what the public opinion of the Glazers would be if they were to sign Kane and he was a roaring success?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I want to hear what he has to say and the timeframe within which he will act on what he promises (which I am sure he will make). Investment in players, stadium and training ground. Commitment to have ongoing genuine dialogue with fans with concrete outcomes. Also a declaration to abandon the idea of a super league and to keep the club located in Manchester.
I think that's all pretty achievable, even with the Glazers we don't need to worry about that last one!

Some fans have more unrealistic goals - clearing the debt, repaying all the money taken out, handing over shares to the fans etc. Those things are clearly never going to happen

captain666

A step forward would be for the Glazers to forego any dividend payments/consultancy/management fees and salary for,say,5 years and commit that money to the redevelopment of Carrington and the Cliff,OT is going to take way more to make it 21st century.Knocking it down is not really an option.
£100M of their OWN money on top of the budget into squad improvement this summer,plus what we generate in the many hopeful sales!
Not being a finance guru I believe reducing our debt level will increase our tax liability so let that one lay for the moment.
Let's hear him out before shouting him down.

032Devil

A waste of time and ridiculous to think the Glazers would listen to fans demands. False appeasement and carry on business as usual.

Maticmaker

Seems you don't know much about MUST, not difficult to find answers to your questions! https://www.imust.org.uk/

And anyway MUST will be just 1 of 11 fan groups represented on the Fans Forum - the list has already been posted in this thread and the open letter sent by the Fans Forum with a list of demands has been widely circulated already and can be found at the link above

Plus you can hear me discussing the fans 'manifesto' and 5 point plan on this show from a couple of weeks ago - fast forward to 31:00 if you don't want to hear the whole thing
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...d=0CAYQkfYCahcKEwiw7vHMu9nwAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ
Thanks

Matriac

According to reports they tried to convince Ed to stay, but he wanted out.

We just restructured the club to the new DOF setup, should we not maybe give it a chance to see how it can work? It seems to build on the changed direction from when we initiated the Transfer committee in the summer of Mou's final season, which most people believe was a positive change, that our transfers from then on over all has become better than they were in the years before. Now they are supposedly given even more time and power to work to improve our scouting and long-term squad management. Murtough might not have been a name we knew very well, cause he's not a former pro player, but that doesn't mean he isn't a football person fit to do this role. I'd much rather want his 10+ year experience including head of PL Elite Performance, than a former player who's work since has either been as a Pundit or 2 years learning the trade in a role like perhaps Fletcher is doing now.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I think that's all pretty achievable, even with the Glazers we don't need to worry about that last one!

Some fans have more unrealistic goals - clearing the debt, repaying all the money taken out, handing over shares to the fans etc. Those things are clearly never going to happen
Unrealistic goals? With the potential for legislation, for sanctions for UEFA etc, is it not time for fans to tell Glazer what we want? Don't worry about what is realistic at the outside, just set out your stall. What does it take for us ease up on #GlazersOut? Let's face it, this engagement would not be even happening but for that kind of pressure. So let's keep realistic in the back pocket until we see what the little chap has to say.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Unrealistic goals? With the potential for legislation, for sanctions for UEFA etc, is it not time for fans to tell Glazer what we want? Don't worry about what is realistic at the outside, just set out your stall. What does it take for us ease up on #GlazersOut? Let's face it, this engagement would not be even happening but for that kind of pressure. So let's keep realistic in the back pocket until we see what the little chap has to say.
For sure - Im all for aim for Mars and hopefully you reach the Moon!

Im just giving my view on realistic outcomes here

Yakuza_devils

According to reports they tried to convince Ed to stay, but he wanted out.

We just restructured the club to the new DOF setup, should we not maybe give it a chance to see how it can work? It seems to build on the changed direction from when we initiated the Transfer committee in the summer of Mou's final season, which most people believe was a positive change, that our transfers from then on over all has become better than they were in the years before. Now they are supposedly given even more time and power to work to improve our scouting and long-term squad management. Murtough might not have been a name we knew very well, cause he's not a former pro player, but that doesn't mean he isn't a football person fit to do this role. I'd much rather want his 10+ year experience including head of PL Elite Performance, than a former player who's work since has either been as a Pundit or 2 years learning the trade in a role like perhaps Fletcher is doing now.
For Ed, not sure whether he wanted out or head need to roll after the super league. Anyway, getting rid of him is the right move.

For the DOF and the rest of Murtough Team, most of them have been here for many years. Our manager/player recruitment, style of play and football side of things at the club is still shit. The only very successful signing for the last 8 years is Bruno. The rest we pay over the odds to get them. For manager, contrasting style one after another. As of now, our style of play is still very negative compared to top clubs in the world. Some of our matches the players seems to play together first time in their life.

We don't need ex-pro footballer and etc. We need proper DOF with proven top experience running top club in Europe. Not yes man from Ed's era.