Joel Pereira | 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell_eire

I think that he has looked good so far. His presence and positioning have been decent and his distribution is miles better than Grant's.

I hope he gets a good loan in the Championship this coming season; 40 games this year and he could be second choice keeper from next summer.

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
Record is posting today that Joel is going on loan to my club, also Mourinho's club, Vitória de Setúbal.

I think it will be great for both, since he is going have lots of work and I really doubt he will not be the top goalkeeper.

Good opportunity to grow

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Following would be my ideal path for Joel:
-I hope he plays regularly in a Championship team or the top leagues like (France, Netherlands, Portugal) etc.
-So that he can get a two year loan at a premier league/bundesliga/Italian/Spanish league team. If he proves to be Top quality there, maybe we can let Real finally have De Gea in exchange of some/one of their top class substitutes.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Record is posting today that Joel is going on loan to my club, also Mourinho's club, Vitória de Setúbal.

I think it will be great for both, since he is going have lots of work and I really doubt he will not be the top goalkeeper.

Good opportunity to grow
No offence to your side but I hoped we'd be able to get him a better club

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
No offence to your side but I hoped we'd be able to get him a better club
No offence taken, don't worry. "Better" club can be dangerous because he can still sit on the bench but just on a diferent place. This is a good opportunity for him to play all season and grow

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not Sure how good he is. I can’t say that I’ve typically seen him save what he isn’t supposed to save as such, although I accept his sample of games is very small.

Russell_eire

I've been hoping for the Championship to get him used to the physical side of things, but I suppose the most important thing is that he gets games.

Morpheus 7

Think a lower table Scottish club could have been a good idea. Dealing with the physical side of corners ect. Not sure if he can approve for the premier league with this side. Starting weekly is the most important thing.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
2 stupid things Mourinho has done with him.

The first was to end his loan to Belenenses when he was playing there 6 months and developing.

The second was to say he could be the best Portuguese keeper from his generation.

He returned to be a third keeper just to return to the first stage, which is to be loaned again to Portugal. The only good news is since he is a starter for Portugal under 21's at least he will have more competition.

Well tbh even if he was better, when you are on a club with De Gea as number 1 the chances to develop there aren't that high.

Congratulations @Bruno Marques

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal

The distance between the city of Manchester in the United Kingdom and the city of Setúbal is approximately 2,533 kilometers, nothing that would make Joel Pereira think that it was in any way preventing him from returning to Portuguese football by the hand of, as he says, one of the most emblematic and historical Portuguese clubs.

"I'm very happy to be here. I've been to I Liga and it was a great experience, unfortunately it lasted little, only ten games. But now I want to stay the whole time in a historic club like Vitória. I hope to be very happy in this emblematic Portuguese football club that any player is proud to represent, "he said in exclusive statements to the Vitória FC website.

For this son of emigrants, born in Switzerland, but with dual nationality, which allowed him to represent the national teams in the training classes, Sub-21, including, return to Portugal to represent Vitória de Setúbal, the birthplace of José Mourinho, his coach at Manchester United, has a special flavor. It's a way of being closer to yours.

"I was born in Switzerland and at home we always spoke Portuguese. Every year the family makes a point of coming to Portugal. Now in football I am like an emigrant and coming to play for Portugal is a way to be closer to my roots. Before coming here I talked a lot with Mr. Mourinho, with his assistant, Ricardo Formosinho and also with Silvino Louro, the coach of goalkeepers who are also from Setúbal and represented at the highest level Vitória. Their opinion was very important to me because they know the club and the people who work here. We all thought it could be an important step for my growth as a player. Mourinho told me he was going to a big club, where he would be very happy and here I am, ready to work and help Victory to make a success, "he said.

There are no similarities between the English League and the Portuguese League. They are different realities, different cultures, but the language of football, this is the same anywhere in the world. That's why Joel sees his entry into Vitoria FC as an opportunity to return to Manchester United even more confident and more experienced so that he can discuss a place in the Red Devils' eleven in the future.

"Football in England is another very different reality from ours, but sometimes it is necessary to take a step back and then take two steps forward and achieve success. That was the reason that led me to accept this challenge. I only see good points in my experience in Vitória. And I'm here to give the best of me. Right now Vitória is the best for my career and I'm here to fight for my place. They are different realities but I will feel good. In England the passion with which people will see football is significant. Manchester is one of the biggest clubs in the world, there is a lot of pressure on players and we have to be prepared for those challenges, "he said.

Joel barely had time to pack his bags and get to know the corners of the house, which is, as it were, the Bonfim Stadium. He debuted with Extremadura in the game of presentation to the members and two days later he participated in the training game with Benfica in Seixal. Now he promises to work to find his space in the team.

"I almost did not sleep after a long trip but I did not want to miss the presentation game. I did not even think twice. I felt a special affection when they announced my name and I thank the Victory fans for this gesture that made me feel. Now it's my turn to reciprocate. "

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
If you loan out a goalkeeper then you should have the "assurance" that he plays (unless of course he's awful in games and/or training).

I mean why should Vitoria de Setubal loan out a young goalkeeper from Manchester United if he's just their No.2 goalkeeper :confused:
It's kind of easy to think about it. Vitoria already has a first team goalkeeper. You cant get a new one and replace the old one just because you get a new one. You need the right circustances to do so not to break the first goalkeeper morale.

Anyway, Joel is starting today

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
Awful exhibition today. One complete failure in one of the goals and he looked weak and indecisive on the other

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Just here to point he looked ok today but @Bruno Marques probably followed closely the game. This guy needs to consolidate at a club be in Portugal or another league because when you have someone like De Gea your best bet is to be his number 2. He isn't special but could develop more instead rotating between the bench or sucessive loans imo.

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
Just here to point he looked ok today but @Bruno Marques probably followed closely the game. This guy needs to consolidate at a club be in Portugal or another league because when you have someone like De Gea your best bet is to be his number 2. He isn't special but could develop more instead rotating between the bench or sucessive loans imo.
To be fair, i couldn't really follow the full game cause i was out of town. He looked tight in the first half, that's what i really saw. I also liked him vs Guimarães. Probably the pressure of the "big" game against Porto was on his shoulders and that's why he failed more in that game.

He needs more time playing so he can grow up

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
To be fair, i couldn't really follow the full game cause i was out of town. He looked tight in the first half, that's what i really saw. I also liked him vs Guimarães. Probably the pressure of the "big" game against Porto was on his shoulders and that's why he failed more in that game.

He needs more time playing so he can grow up
Yes he needs to play at the same club for more than 1 season imo. We don't have great keepers in Portugal.

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
To be fair, he will not be missed. I expected way more of him. Hope everything goes well for him in the future

Mickson

He's not been very good these two past seasons. Very shaky for United in the first team and a poor loan. Dean Henderson is definitely ahead in the pecking order. I hope he goes to Reading and shines though.

Based Adnan

It's a weird one because when he went on loan to Belenenses (also in the Portugese league) he was one of their best players during his time there and sparked interest from Benfica to replace Ederson. Strange how 2 seasons later he goes to play in the same league and does poorly.

Acole9

Outstanding
Don't Reading have Mannone as their main goalkeeper? Can't see him being first choice there.

kundalini

khoazany

It's a weird one because when he went on loan to Belenenses (also in the Portugese league) he was one of their best players during his time there and sparked interest from Benfica to replace Ederson. Strange how 2 seasons later he goes to play in the same league and does poorly.

Momentum is important for young players. That's why I'm frustrated to see we kept him at the club last season.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
No loan for him would be really shit.....yesterday were strong rumours that he would go to Kortrijk.

Edit :lol:
Joel signed a 4 year deal + 1 year option in the summer of 2017. So he is contracted until summer 2021. There are numerous articles online giving details. Here is one:

https://www.skysports.com/football/...joel-pereira-signs-new-manchester-united-deal
Oh thanks.....looks like i was on Andreas Pereira's page on transfermarkt.de

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.