Joey Barton | Does a Schteve

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
He's right though. Why do people respond to him if they don't want to hear what he says? Click unfollow and stop moaning.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
:rolleyes:

Barton appeared to prompt an exchange of shoving and finger-pointing after a heavy tackle on Ivorian striker Guy-Roland Niangbo, during a friendly against Ligue 2 outfit FC Istres.
The 30 year-old was stripped of the QPR captaincy and before he was warned that he potentially could be sacked for another serious breach of discipline following his behaviour in the match against Manchester City on the final day of the season.
Barton was sent-off for elbowing Carlos Tévez, kicking out at Sergio Agüero and then appearing to aim a butt at Vincent Kompany.
Sanctions against the controversial midfielder included a £480,000 fine, in addition to a 12-games suspension and £75,000 fine by the Football Association.
QPR later launched their own disciplinary review before saying: “QPR can confirm Joey Barton has been fined six weeks’ wages and will no longer be club captain.”
The midfielder subsequently joined France side in August.
The latest dispute was the result of a lunge by Barton on the Ivorian, who then angrily squared up to Barton. The incident comes just days after he clashed with AEL Limassol's goalkeeper Matias Degra in the Europa League.
Barton is eligible to play in Europe, but is still excluded from domestic duty until Nov 17 when Marseille meet Bordeaux.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-friendly-after-diving-into-heavy-tackle.html

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world

'Mercenary' Carlos Tevez is all that's wrong with football, says Barton

Marseille midfielder Joey Barton has labelled Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez a "mercenary", suggesting the striker represents "what's wrong with modern players".

The Argentine forward endured a controversial 2011-12 campaign, being placed on gardening leave by Roberto Mancini for failing to warm up during a Champions League before returning to lead the club to the Premier League title.

However, Barton - currently on loan from QPR - feels Tevez's behaviour cannot be defended, and also suggests his own 12-match ban was harsh in relation to John Terry and Luis Suarez punishment for using racist language.

"Tevez? He's a mercenary", Barton told The Times.

"You can't really back him. Sure, I'm a hoodlum, I've got into scrapes - but Tevez is someone who in the last six months has gone on strike, gone off to Argentina to play golf, tried to get himself sacked.

"If that's not the epitome of what's wrong with modern players, I don't know what is. And don't forget, Tevez punched me first."

The 30-year-old midfielder clashed with Tevez and other players during QPR's final game of the season against Manchester City, and received a 12-match ban for his dismissal and violent conduct during the incident.

And Barton believes the FA were unduly harsh on him, citing long bans other players have received as evidence for the severity of his punishment.

“The FA charged me for separate offences that took place in the same 25-second sequence," he added.

"Yet Pablo Mills [banned for six games for fighting while with Crawley Town] threw a number of punches but was charged for one offence. Paolo Di Canio [banned for 11 games in 1998 while playing for Sheffield Wednesday] fights a player, gets sent off, pushes the referee over, raises his hands to Nigel Winterburn...

"In the cold light of day, no-one was dead. Aguero got a dead leg. It self-evidently didn't affect him because 20 minutes later he was scoring the winner. Tevez and Kompany were fine."

Barton thinks the FA have harmed themselves with the length of his ban in relation to the punishments handed down to John Terry and Luis Suarez, both found guilty of using racist language on the football pitch.

"I think the FA reckoned I'd appeal and they could make it nine games," he continued. "Maybe by not appealing I won a small, perverse victory. Because it makes them look bad. John Terry got four games. Luis Suarez eight. So I'm Terry plus Suarez?

"What it says is, if I'd racially abused the City players I'd have got a lot less than for 30 seconds of the red mist descending. What message does that send to kids? Where does that leave 'Kick Racism Out Of Football'?"
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/engla...s-tevez-is-all-thats-wrong-with-football-says

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
At least he has something different to say unlike most other footballers. Might be a bit of a bellend but he is an interesting chap.

Drifter

American
Barton: I only went for the money

QPR midfielder Joey Barton has revealed his move to Loftus Road was motivated by money.

The 30-year-old is currently on loan at Marseille after falling out with the QPR hierarchy over his misconduct in the season-ending game against Manchester City. And his admission about his move from Newcastle last year could end any faint possibility of him rebuilding his bridges following the appointment of new boss Harry Redknapp.

"When I went to QPR it was a choice dictated by money," he was quoted as saying in the Sunday People. "I didn't like what I had done, and I swore I'd never do that again. It was the first time in my life that I had taken a decision for money. I did it because my partner was due to give birth - but I did not feel good about it."

Refreshing to hear a bit of honesty.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
Barton: I only went for the money

QPR midfielder Joey Barton has revealed his move to Loftus Road was motivated by money.

The 30-year-old is currently on loan at Marseille after falling out with the QPR hierarchy over his misconduct in the season-ending game against Manchester City. And his admission about his move from Newcastle last year could end any faint possibility of him rebuilding his bridges following the appointment of new boss Harry Redknapp.

"When I went to QPR it was a choice dictated by money," he was quoted as saying in the Sunday People. "I didn't like what I had done, and I swore I'd never do that again. It was the first time in my life that I had taken a decision for money. I did it because my partner was due to give birth - but I did not feel good about it."

Refreshing to hear a bit of honesty.
He might be a bit of an idiot, but at least he is being honest about the reasons. If only others could do the same.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's a twat. Don't act like a cnut towards a club who's paying you such good wages. Try to show some respect.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Honest, perhaps. Though admitting "I only went for the money" a month after lambasting someone for being a mercenary, sort of undercuts yourself.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Again, sometimes its better to say nothing than being honest.
Exactly. I am sure the footballing world is littered with players who have made moves purely motivated by the cash. But they manage to keep it to themselves.

He is a gobshite. Managed to fall out with every club he has been at. There must come a Time when he will realise its him with the problem.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
He reckons he's too smart to be a footballer...

Joey Barton believes believes he has a higher calling in life after claiming he is 'too intelligent to be a footballer'.

The QPR midfielder, who is currently on loan at Marseille after being thrown out of Loftus Road in disgrace, regularly uses Twitter to quote famous philosophers and musicians.

The 30-year-old has a chequered history both on and off the field, something he continues to claim is behind him despite his last act in English football - a red card at Manchester City and subsequent attack on two players - earning him an 12-game ban.

However, speaking in France, Barton said: 'Perhaps I shouldn't say it, but I'm maybe a little too intelligent to be a footballer.'

The claims in a French newspaper attracted derision from former Arsenal and Manchester United player Mikael Silvestre.

On Twitter, he wrote: 'The uneducated Joey Barton is fascinating for the degree of his stupidity, his ego and his megalomania!'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...all-Marseille-league-debut.html#ixzz2DGqN4Tsg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...all-Marseille-league-debut.html#ixzz2DGq1zi4y
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
What an utter gobshite of a man. Great retort from Silvestre though!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's an attention whore and it is crazy journos give him exactly what he craves for.He's a nobody who's made his reputation by being a cnut and not a footballer

stubie

Is this the level journalist's have stooped to?

Taking Joey Barton seriously

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Almost as bad as Steve McClaren's Dutch accent! Not sure what to make of Barton to be honest. He spoke a lot of sense about the FA after his 12 match ban and then the bans to both Suarez and Terry. But statement's like "I'm too clever to be a footballer" are just moronic. Reminds me of when Cartman says he's not poor and stupid enough to be a NASCAR driver.

Heardy

It's one of those things, I imagine many people talk like that on holiday after a week or so.

It's more a case of trying to sound more local such that your voice is more receptive to people around you.

It's picked up in interviews like that but I dare say if you plonked me or you in a foreign country in a month or so, we'd subconsciously do exactly the same thing.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
It's one of those things, I imagine many people talk like that on holiday after a week or so.

It's more a case of trying to sound more local such that your voice is more receptive to people around you.

It's picked up in interviews like that but I dare say if you plonked me or you in a foreign country in a month or so, we'd subconsciously do exactly the same thing.
If you want to sound local, then you have to speak the language rather than trying to speak your own language with a silly accent. Been living in France since 2001, and when I speak English to my parents, they think I come from another country aind not England itself. A foreigner who speaks broken English in their own country will often find that they understand those who speak broken English to them, rather than someone who speaks to them in the Queens English.

vanthaman

Winner
He may be a cnut but he can actually be quite funny so I like him.

His explanation for speaking "bartonese" as he calls it is its easier to speak like someone out of allo allo to French journos than in a scouse accent, he has a point.

Maybe all scousers should speak like that

Heardy

He may be a cnut but he can actually be quite funny so I like him.

His explanation for speaking "bartonese" as he calls it is its easier to speak like someone out of allo allo to French journos than in a scouse accent, he has a point.

Maybe all scousers should speak like that
That's my point. He sounds kind of stupid to an Englishman, but he sounds far less scouse, and is probably far more understandable than speaking 10 words to a second in his mother tongue so to speak.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
To be fair to Schteve and Zhoey, I used to do it to an italian girl I went out with for a bit. Until she told me it was actually much harder to understand because she learnt listening to English people, and that if she started saying "grat sea melee" to me it wouldn't be nearly as helpful as I think.

There's a certain logic to it though, and it does at least display an attempt - albeit small - to communicate on someone elses terms rather than just shouting louder in English.

The best bit about Zhoey's accent though is the inserted "ers" which make it sound more authentic, but are also hilariously redundant since they indicate an affected "I'm thinking about what ze english for zis word is" moment that he doesn't need.

At one point he even corrects himself after making a deliberate gramatical error in his own language!

Gazza

It's not as amusing to listen to when I do it, but I find myself speaking a bit Americanized having lived here - obviously it's the same language but it's easier for me to modify my accent a bit at times when I can't be bothered explaining myself slowly to someone, so I can understand the impulse.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Looks like he will be challenging for Major honours in France this year. Marseille are second, level on points with PSG, with a goal difference of +6! 17 for and 11 against.

LARulz

:lol: Brilliant. Just saw it now on SSN and never seen them all laugh so much, even the camera crew