Joey Barton - ex manager - wannabe podcaster

kentafuji

Surely that must have had good odds

Starts June 2nd.

Surprising to say the least. Wasnt expecting him to jump into management.

Thoughts?

Isn't he banned from (playing) football until the start of the season after next?

This is the sort of appointment that could end in tears in a matter of days.

Last edited:

Toad

He won’t be able to official take over until his betting charges end. Fleetwood fans must be delighted.

Hephaestus

Isn't he banned from (playing) football until the start of the season after next?

This is the sort of appointment that could end in years in a matter of days.
No, his ban got reduced by five months on appeal and runs out on June 1st, hence why he can't take over until the day after that. Hopefully it ends badly for him.

ti vu

He has bad reputation as player, but does strike as a sensible guy with some of his comment regarding football than you mainstream commentators and pundits. Stranger things happen, who knows? Some people may not have the character to be good players but management is a whole different job. Despite all his trouble and not supreme talent, he didn't have hard time to find club. He must have something that work with managers and recruiting staffs, so anything can happen.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
There is a plus to come out of this in that he will have to leave his talksport post. :D

Luke1995

Does this means he has retired from profesional football or he could still end up in a player-coach role ? I read his book and in the end he mentioned he wanted to return to the Premier League or to playing somewhere.

Chip Butty

Supports
That lot
I hope someone points out to Joseph, that offering your team out, will not be considered a good motivational tactic.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Proof that even the biggest bellends can continue to succeed in life.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
His team talks will probably start with him banging on about how he should have played for England, then he'll move on to a choice Friedrich Nietzsche quote. That'll be followed by offering a square go with the captain, then stubbing a cigar out on the eye of the goalkeeper, he'll compare the opposition's best player to cat piss, quick swig of vodka, then saunter out of the room bellowing "this charming man".

I'd play for him.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Good enough to manage England surely? He's as good as anyone in the country! ;)

Deleted member 101472

A lot of people
I need an example. I cannot fathom the possibility that there are people out there who think joey Barton is a breath of fresh air. Also media don’t count, they have to push narratives.

buckooo1978

he should be able to attract some French players with his command of the language

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I follow him on Twitter and sometimes think he’s funny.

Shame on me I guess.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
This is actually fascinating, I look forward to seeing how he does, even if he does come off as a twat in the media.

Revaulx

Does anybody still think he’s a breath of fresh air? Or realised he’s just a massive bell by now?
He’s quite funny, and can on occasion be surprisingly perceptive, but a breath of fresh air he is not.

Plus anyone giving him a job that requires even a minimum degree of responsibility is a moron.

RedDevilUnited369

Joey Barton walks into a job whilst on a football ban. Meanwhile Sol Campbell and other black ex footballers can’t even get a coaching role.

The system is still broken.

However, I wish Joey all the best.