Joey Barton - ex manager - wannabe podcaster

Chairman Woodie

I was surprised by the news. Last person I expected to go into management is Joey Barton. Asking for trouble.

poleglass red

Your inner thug can be hidden, can be suppressed but ultimately it always resurfaces. His stint at Rangers, he could have been a cult hero up there but his inner thug appeared. Something about that guy, he can temporarily hid behind his big words and seemingly normal demeanor, but then boom, his inner dragon is unleashed. It's no publicity is bad publicity for that club I guess, but Barton isn't and won't ever be a manager. Could he be a coach, probably, but he doesn't have that filter most people have to distinguish between right and wrong, to be the main man at any club. Good luck to him, he may even do a good job for a while until he fights someone at training. Stick to the radio la......

Deleted member 101472

Your inner thug can be hidden, can be suppressed but ultimately it always resurfaces. His stint at Rangers, he could have been a cult hero up there but his inner thug appeared. Something about that guy, he can temporarily hid behind his big words and seemingly normal demeanor, but then boom, his inner dragon is unleashed. It's no publicity is bad publicity for that club I guess, but Barton isn't and won't ever be a manager. Could he be a coach, probably, but he doesn't have that filter most people have to distinguish between right and wrong, to be the main man at any club. Good luck to him, he may even do a good job for a while until he fights someone at training. Stick to the radio la......
Only room for one cult hero in Scotland (23 seconds in)

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Joey Barton walks into a job whilst on a football ban. Meanwhile Sol Campbell and other black ex footballers can’t even get a coaching role.

The system is still broken.

However, I wish Joey all the best.
Sol Campbell is a moron who no one likes. The system may be broken but it isn't the reason why Sol Campbell doesn't have a job. That's down to his brain being broken.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

He’s a fecking loon.

Joeace2020

How do nutjobs like these even get considered in the first place for managerial roles? I don't understand what people see in Joey Barton.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
How do nutjobs like these even get considered in the first place for managerial roles? I don't understand what people see in Joey Barton.
I'd imagine it's a bit of a boys club down in the lower leagues of English football.

More about who you know than what you know.

GeorgieBoy

Joey Barton as manager and Ched Evans as their centre forward. A very controversial recruitment policy going on at Fleetwood.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Someone dug up an old tweet of his :lol:

Needham

Easy solve for Barton. Just go on twitter and say the Barnsley manager said something racist. Or that he -Barton- was defending the honour of Julian Assange. That's what I'd be advising him as his legal counsel. If this nonsense does get taken to court, Joey should give his testimony in that fake French accent.

ROFLUTION

All I remember is when he got redcarded against his favorite team - City on the last day of the season where Aguero then won it. What a fecking coincidence.

Maybe my mind reads like Karl Pilkington, but there should be an object that would be the opposite of statues, for people to walk by and think "Let's never be like Joey Barton. What a cnut". A cnut statue park. That'd be something to visit.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
If people want to hear about all the horrible things he has done down the years, you should listen to the Crime in Sports podcast episode about him. Plus it's a quality podcast anyways.

CallyRed

All I remember is when he got redcarded against his favorite team - City on the last day of the season where Aguero then won it. What a fecking coincidence.

Maybe my mind reads like Karl Pilkington, but there should be an object that would be the opposite of statues, for people to walk by and think "Let's never be like Joey Barton. What a cnut". A cnut statue park. That'd be something to visit.
I'd happily take the family on a visit.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Armchair psychology incoming...

He's clearly got anger issues and I don't know if he'll ever turn it around. His form of conflict resolution appears to be aggression-first and I assume it has been forever given what he's done in the past. I think he's got more than enough cash to admit himself into proper therapy but it feels almost like he's spent the past few years attempting to justify his behaviour to himself - idolising Nietzsche, creating a podcast about how sport drives people to the dark recesses of the mind, etc.

Suarez, for instance, had similar anger issues which manifest into biting people on the pitch. I'm fairly sure when he moved to Barcelona they forced him to undergo therapy to resolve his conflicts. In fairness to the guy he seemingly has turned a new leaf since. Barton hasn't.

Edit: That French accent though :lol:

Last edited:

Bojan11

I still can’t believe BBC let this cretin go on question time. He’s a thug plain and simple.

Champagne Football

He'll go to jail over this. Guaranteed.

He would've forged a decent career in punditry as a reformed fruitloop similar to Stan Collymore. With his psychopathic temper he should've known better then to take on a job that could provoke him into a psycho meltdown.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
So what actually went on? A mans been arrested on suspicion of racially aggravated assault and I don't think it's Barton?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Now Barton's emphatically denying all allegations.

Looking more and more possible that a few jumped the gun in this thread.