Johan, Bjorn, Mateo and Dillon too.

Zlatattack

Zidane Iqbal - Not French, not Pakistani, not Indian, rather he's Indonesian. Didn't realise Iqbal was an Indonesian name. I bet his parents loved Zidane - there's no way that's an indonesian name...mind you it's Algerian isn't it?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Zidane Iqbal - Not French, not Pakistani, not Indian, rather he's Indonesian. Didn't realise Iqbal was an Indonesian name. I bet his parents loved Zidane - there's no way that's an indonesian name...mind you it's Algerian isn't it?
Zidane Iqbal! Amazing!

lysglimt

Scout
Welcome to the Academy of Life lads, enjoy

Wouldnt that make Our U18-squad ridiculously big ?

Even if players like Laird, Levitt, Garner, Puigmal, Traore, Ramazani, Greenwood, Elanga, Bernard and Williams are moved up to the reserves or first team. That still leaves more than 10 players (McCann, Divine, Hockenhull, Helm, Mengi, Mastny, Denham, Bejger, Stanley, Neville, McGee, Haygarth and Mellor...probably forgot one or two)

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Wouldnt that make Our U18-squad ridiculously big ?

Even if players like Laird, Levitt, Garner, Puigmal, Traore, Ramazani, Greenwood, Elanga, Bernard and Williams are moved up to the reserves or first team. That still leaves more than 10 players (McCann, Divine, Hockenhull, Helm, Mengi, Mastny, Denham, Bejger, Stanley, Neville, McGee, Haygarth and Mellor...probably forgot one or two)
The first ones and Mellor are too old now. It is 11 seconds years up and 15 new first years in. Then still eligible Greenwood has already moved up, and the likes of Mengi, Elanga, and maybe McCann might get early promotion too. Then a second year or two usually disappears and gets released early as well.

jb8521

We've known for a while that Mipo Odubeko probably wasn't going to sign his contract, but Alfie Hughes not signing is a surprise.
I believe Alfie's family were worried he wouldn't get enough game time this season to develop

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
By the sounds of it we've got another fairly exciting bunch there. Very interested to see how Hoogewerf gets on the way the Ajax fans were talking about him on Reddit.

mat85

NAC again seems to be losing a talented youth player. In England it is reported that Manchester United takes over youth player Björn Hardley from NAC. Hardley will play in the under-18 at the English superpower.
The 16-year-old Hardley (born on the beautiful date 19-12) has been playing at NAC since he was 11. He started in D1 and attended the Breda youth academy in recent years. The fact that Hardley has talent is evident from the fact that he was selected for the Futures of Orange under 17 last December. It is not inconceivable that, partly due to that selection, he got on the radar at Manchester United.

Although there is no official confirmation yet, club followers in England seem certain that Hardley is making the switch. If the messages are correct, NAC receives a training allowance. If FIFA classifies Manchester United as a Category 1 club, this could amount to a minimum of 180,000 (90,000 per training year from the age of fifteen x 2).

lysglimt

Scout
The first ones and Mellor are too old now. It is 11 seconds years up and 15 new first years in. Then still eligible Greenwood has already moved up, and the likes of Mengi, Elanga, and maybe McCann might get early promotion too. Then a second year or two usually disappears and gets released early as well.
Ok thanks - but that is still a very high number, isn't it ?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Is it a rule where you can't have more than 15 scholars in a year? People on reddit seem to think so and hence think that moves for Cherki and Mejbri won't be happening this year.

jb8521

Is it a rule where you can't have more than 15 scholars in a year? People on reddit seem to think so and hence think that moves for Cherki and Mejbri won't be happening this year.
I think that used to be the rule but now the rules are that you can't have more than 30 players combined from u17 & u18 players so we still have 2 spaces available because we only took on 13 players last year

jb8521

Oh right, has he had injures or has somebody else just got the nod over him in the 15/16s, and if so who?
He's had some injuries & Savage, Iqbal & Wellens all played quite a lot along with Shoretire & Forson playing up from the u15s & some players from the u18s like Helm & Haygarth playing down at times. Add in the signing of Svidersky & possibly Mejbri & McCann already in the u18s & he's probably right to worry about how much game time he'd get

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's had some injuries & Savage, Iqbal & Wellens all played quite a lot along with Shoretire & Forson playing up from the u15s & some players from the u18s like Helm & Haygarth playing down at times. Add in the signing of Svidersky & possibly Mejbri & McCann already in the u18s & he's probably right to worry about how much game time he'd get
What's the consensus on Svidersky, is he highly rated? He generated a bit of buzz when we signed him but it was scarcely mentioned how good he was.

RedTiger

Half mast
The Indonesian version of the name would have been Jidan as Algerians are the only muslims to my knowledge that pronounce the J sound as Z. Most definitely his parents were massive fans of Zidane.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Cheers @jb8521, comprehensive reply as always.

It's a once in a life time opportunity but I can kinda understand Alfie Hughes and those representing him thinking that way with the players currently ahead of him, but I can't get my head around Mipo's argument(if true)that he feels Mason is blocking his path, Mason is possibly a once in a generation talent and is more likely to be playing in the first-team or the 23s this season while Mipo has still a fair way to go to prove he's even good enough for the 18s, the kid will always score goals and it's probably unfair to judge him on his brief appearances for the 18s last season but goals apart he doesn't seem to offer a lot more.

Thanks for your reply to @KM above, that was my next question ;)

the chameleon

Is that Wellens kid the son of Richie Wellens? I remember promoting Richie from the academy as my rock in central midfield in CM2000

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think that used to be the rule but now the rules are that you can't have more than 30 players combined from u17 & u18 players so we still have 2 spaces available because we only took on 13 players last year
Cheers mate.

jb8521

Is that Wellens kid the son of Richie Wellens? I remember promoting Richie from the academy as my rock in central midfield in CM2000
Yeah he is. I think his younger lad is in 1 of the younger age groups as well

jb8521

Cheers @jb8521, comprehensive reply as always.

It's a once in a life time opportunity but I can kinda understand Alfie Hughes and those representing him thinking that way with the players currently ahead of him, but I can't get my head around Mipo's argument(if true)that he feels Mason is blocking his path, Mason is possibly a once in a generation talent and is more likely to be playing in the first-team or the 23s this season while Mipo has still a fair way to go to prove he's even good enough for the 18s, the kid will always score goals and it's probably unfair to judge him on his brief appearances for the 18s last season but goals apart he doesn't seem to offer a lot more.

Thanks for your reply to @KM above, that was my next question ;)
No problem

jb8521

What's the consensus on Svidersky, is he highly rated? He generated a bit of buzz when we signed him but it was scarcely mentioned how good he was.
Yeah he's highly rated. West Ham had him with their u23s when he was on trial with them at 14. He tore his cruciate playing for Slovakia u17s a while back so hopefully he recovers well from that.

SaboTaj

Well, Indonesia does have the largest Muslim population in the world.