John Cofie - Where art thou?

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Couldn't find another thread, just said on twitter than he's out for another 4-6 weeks which is a shame with the game against Chelsea coming up.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
That's a blow. He was having a fine season up until his injury.

Does Will Keane have any chance of making the Chelsea match? We seem to be terribly short of strikers in the U18s.

LouisRocca

Will Keane was back to full training yesterday acording to his twitter. Hopefully he'll be ready for the FAYC semi

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Will Keane was back to full training yesterday acording to his twitter. Hopefully he'll be ready for the FAYC semi
Actually felt that he has had a bit of a off-season. Might blame injuries. But then I saw his stats at United Youth, and according to this page he has eight starts, seven goals for the acadamy. Seven starts, six goals for the reserves.

SecondFig

Actually felt that he has had a bit of a off-season. Might blame injuries. But then I saw his stats at United Youth, and according to this page he has eight starts, seven goals for the acadamy. Seven starts, six goals for the reserves.
Wish I had off seasons like that.

But seriously, I kind of felt the same way - didn't think he was having anything like as good as a season as last year - in my case this shows why you should never judge a player on highlights.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Wish I had off seasons like that.

But seriously, I kind of felt the same way - didn't think he was having anything like as good as a season as last year - in my case this shows why you should never judge a player on highlights.
I don't think he started well, but was coming back into it before his injury.

Heffo

Didn't both Brandy and Ebanks-Blake get pretty serious injuries at important stages of their development though?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
He does remind me a lot of Ebanks-Blake. Big, strong and pacey lad, decent finisher.
I thought his finishing was very good in the youth team. In his first season here he only played a handful of games, mostly just sub appearances, and lead the team in goals, I believe until the last week of that season.

I haven't seen much of his loan spell from last season, though.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning

So it's been confirmed - he goes on loan to Sheffield United.

Hope he proves himself there. I cannot see him playing for Manchester United, so I wish him good luck and hopefully Sheffield get promotion to the Championship.

x42bn6

Does anyone see a bit of a Fabien Brandy / Ebanks Blake outcome to this?
Hopefully more Ebanks-Blake than Brandy. :(

On 28 February 2011, after unsuccessful trials with Leicester City and Preston North End, Brandy signed for Notts County until the end of the 2010–11 season. Brandy made 4 appearances for the club but he was released at the end of that season when his contract was not renewed.

Brandy spend more than 6 months as a free agent until, in January 2012, he joined Greek Superleague club Panetolikos on a free transfer, but left the club without appearing for the first team.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Febian_Brandy

lysglimt

Scout
I can't think about Ebanks-Blake without getting that wondergoal for Wolves in the Championship, into my head.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Not great quality but here is a video of Cofie's goal for Sheffield United in a friendly against Rotherham. Great strike and not a bad start to his loan spell.

http://youtu.be/B0Xb8rKdcXw

Cevno

Notts County: New-signing John Cofie wants to go places with the Magpies

FROM Ghana to Germany, Burnley to Manchester United, Royal Antwerp to Sheffield United and now Notts County, John Cofie wants to go places in his career.

The 20-year-old striker is set to make his debut for the Magpies in their League One game against Crewe Alexandra at Meadow Lane today (3pm) – and he has quite a story to tell.

Born in Ghana, he lived in Germany as a kid because his dad was in the army and it was there that he was spotted by Burnley.

He was so desperate to make it as a footballer that he used to travel all the way from Germany to Lancashire to play for the Clarets youth team before moving to England.

Then Manchester United came calling and he has been at the biggest club on the planet since he was a teenager, being loaned out to their feeder club Royal Antwerp last season and Sheffield United earlier this season.

He is now at Meadow Lane, having signed a one-month loan deal with the Magpies.

It will be extended if he scores the goals to put Notts back into the promotion race – so he has already set his sights on his next destination, Wembley in the play-offs final in May.

With the club's strikers Yoann Arquin, Enoch Showunmi and Francois Zoko all misfiring, the Magpies' caretaker boss Chris Kiwomya is ready to unleash Cofie on Crewe – and he says he is ready to go.

"I want to help the team go places," said Cofie.

"We're five points off the play-offs so hopefully we can get a promotion.

"I'm going to go out there and work my heart out, give everything and hopefully help us win games.

"I'm going to get in and around the box and hopefully a few chances will fall to me and I will be composed enough to finish them off.

"I feel ready. I'm fresh and fully fit and I want to get out and do well."

Cofie already knows Notts midfielder Joss Labadie – and says he jumped at the chance of swapping reserve football at Old Trafford for first-team action at Meadow Lane.

"Manchester United is a great club and it's good to be there," he added.

"Playing reserve football is amazing because it's at the highest level.

"But it's still boy's football and I want to play men's football.

"It's good to be out on loan and play first-team football and I'm looking to enjoy this."

Magpies caretaker boss Chris Kiwomya is confident the youngster will prove a big hit.

Notts have so many creative players in their team, like Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Alan Judge and Jeff Hughes and he believes Cofie will give the side the cutting-edge they have badly lacked since letting star striker Lee Hughes leave last month.

Arquin has not scored for 15 league games, Zoko has scored one in 15 and Showunmi has one all season.

Kiwomya's first game in temporary charge ended in a 2-0 defeat at Stevenage.

"We have some good players in and around the box, but we were a bit short in the final-third against Stevenage and hopefully he (Cofie) can bring us something," he said.

"I didn't think we gave Stevenage's centre-halves enough problems, there was not enough pressure on them, and they should be coming off the pitch knowing they've been in a game.

"It was disappointing because we had so many crosses – I think Jamal put in 18.

"I think it's good to get a new face into the club. He's coming from a prestigious club so he knows football.

"It's good for the rest of the players in the dressing room because they know they have got another option – and it brings a bit of energy to the team.

"As a centre forward myself I know what has been lacking.

"It's those intense runs into the box, explosive runs to get across people, so that's what I'm going to be working on.

"You have got to get the right people who can bring that to your team – and that's what we're trying to do.

"We're trying to get another centre forward in.

"I think if we do that we will have a great chance of getting into the play-offs.

"The players that have been given the chance have taken it sometimes, but not on a frequent basis.

"We're lacking a real predator."

Read more: http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/story-18100231-detail/story.html#ixzz2KO44Ilh5

Cevno

He's scored on his Notts county debut too. And so have ex United youngsters Brandy and Ajose.