John McGinn

simplyared

Everyone talking about Greelish. I'd take this guy any day of the week before him. A tenacious midfielder with a great deal of skill ta boot. He'd slot into our midfield no doubt and would be a great replacement for Herrera. Views on him!

SambaBoy

Good solid player who's also creative. Don't think he will ever be United level or good enough for the top 6. Can see him joining Everton/Leicester/Wolves etc if Villa can't progress. His best bet is staying there and being a fixture in the team for the next few years.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He’s a been an brilliant signing for them. Energetic and combative but has a very good sense of the game around him and an ability to make key decisions at the right times. He’s really impressed me every time I’ve watched him play.

Will be one to watch this season.

El Zoido

He’s been excellent whenever I’ve watched him. All the Villa fans I know rave about him, I expect he’ll get a bit more recognition in the Premier League next season.

simplyared

Reckon we should go for him now. Snatch him before someone else does. Thinking about another Scot who went to Liverpool from a Championship club and became a key player for them.

Stevondo8

Was impressed with him in the play-off final the other day. Only time I've ever watched him but looked to have more about him than Grealish (although as I say, I'm basing that entirely on one game).

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Looks like a great player. His goal against Wednesday is still my favourite from this season. The future should be bright for Scotland too, would be gutted if we didn't qualify for something with people like him, Robertson and Fraser in the side.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
It was pretty obvious he was Premier League quality when he was at Hibs. Celtic fannied around signing him and other sides missed the opportunity.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I really like him and would welcome this transfer. I'm surprised at 50mil, though.

He's the master of falling on his butt whilst being pressed from behind, still keeping the ball under control, and managing to spin round the opposer to continue advancing play.

Reiver

I've said in the Tierney thread that I love Scottish players playing for Utd but I dont think McGinn is good enough. Seen him plenty of times in the SPL and for Villa, as I like keeping on tabs on Scottish players. He's done very well at those levels. However, I'd see how he gets on in the EPL for a season first before going for him. There's a lot I like about him - work rate and commitment being two. I also feel he's one of those players that always has a bad mistake in him, mainly from trying to do too much with the ball/dwelling on it. I think this has been most obvious at international level but I've seen it wherever he's been.
It hurts to write this about a Scottish player who has been linked with Utd but I would be cautious, especially at 50 million. This is just my opinion and I know plenty of people who rate him highly. But at the price quoted in the article, right now I just don't think he's worth it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I've watched a decent amount of Villa games and I'd never in a million years pay £50m for him, I think he needs to take another step before top 6 clubs start sniffing. He'd be worth a punt at £15-20m or so but no more than that.

Needham

I really like him and would welcome this transfer. I'm surprised at 50mil, though.
He's the master of falling on his butt whilst being pressed from behind, still keeping the ball under control, and managing to spin round the opposer to continue advancing play.
Keep reading that as a long double entendre. Agree about 50 million though.

SambaBoy

If they are already demanding £50m for him, let's see how he does in the Prem first. It's a massive price to pay for someone with only SPL and Championship experience. If he has a very good season, then I can't see the £50m price tag budging too much and he may be worth a move then.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Keep reading that as a long double entendre. Agree about 50 million though.
I love you, Needham! :D

Even though it's really high, I wouldn't mind paying that for him now. I'm confident that, like Maddison, he'll take the league by storm and end up costing a lot more in a years time.

Bwuk

50m is stupid money - but I think he’ll do very well next season.

I’d rather McGinn than Longstaff.

ash_86

I was certain one of our tier 1 said we were interested in Bruno

diarm

50m is stupid money - but I think he’ll do very well next season.

I’d rather McGinn than Longstaff.
I doubt it's one or the other. They're totally different players.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Seems legit. Next up, Man Utd prepare 58m bid for Aston Villa superstar centre back - Axel Tuanzebe. With the follow up piece titled 'Solskjaer has lost it'

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I was certain one of our tier 1 said we were interested in Bruno
Ah yeah actually, I think Simon Peach mentioned it. Still though, I don't think Stone has mentioned him, we're at least not as interested in him as we seem to be in Longstaff.

ash_86

Ah yeah actually, I think Simon Peach mentioned it. Still though, I don't think Stone has mentioned him, we're at least not as interested in him as we seem to be in Longstaff.
Yeah. I think we would move in based on what's happening with Pogba I think. Longstaff would be our next one imo

Rednotdead

Not sure if he's Utd quality but it'd depend on how he blended with the rest of the midfield.

To my mind what we really need is a purely destructive midfield player. Is Ole looking at Dalot for that role now we've signed AWB?

Trophy Room

Oh dear. One thing is that he’ll run all day, good energy. Decent in possession. We won’t pay 50 mill for him. That’s someone talking out of their arse. Good back up.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Scored the goal of the season in my view.

Came here for this. What a strike.

As for the links, I’m not convinced. I am very excited to see him in the prem, I think he’ll be great for Villa, not sure I’d be as excited about us signing him. Where are the stat men to tell me why I’m wrong?

SambaBoy

Not sure if he's Utd quality but it'd depend on how he blended with the rest of the midfield.

To my mind what we really need is a purely destructive midfield player. Is Ole looking at Dalot for that role now we've signed AWB?
Dalot for the DM position? Has he ever played there in his career and shown signs he could play there?