John McGinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Who - or what - is a John McGinn? Supposedly we want him from Villa and he will cost £50m. If even close to true, it's total madness. I'm beginning to think someone is just putting names in a hat and drawing them out while wearing a blindfold... I just hope it's not Ole. Among all the youngsters we are linked to, we need some top-class experienced players

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
MODS: sorry have seen a thread on this guy in the "Football" forum. Didn't think to look there. please delete this if you think appropriate. Thanks

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's a good midfielder, imo. Like Maddison for Leicester, I reckon he'll settle in at PL level fast and end up being on a lot of teams radar if he stays at Villa.

For those who don't know him, he's a box to box midfielder. Defensively, he gets stuck in, covers a lot of ground, presses like Herrera. Offensively, he's a good dribbler, is very good at shielding the ball under pressure, has a good pass on him, and is a goal threat with a good long range strike and his deep runs into the box.

Personally, I'd be all for this transfer right now, but I'm also interested in seeing how he and Grealish cope together against PL level midfields.

Bwuk

He's a good midfielder, imo. Like Maddison for Leicester, I reckon he'll settle in at PL level fast and end up being on a lot of teams radar if he stays at Villa.

For those who don't know him, he's a box to box midfielder. Defensively, he gets stuck in, covers a lot of ground, presses like Herrera. Offensively, he's a good dribbler, is very good at shielding the ball under pressure, has a good pass on him, and is a goal threat with a good long range strike and his deep runs into the box.

Personally, I'd be all for this transfer right now, but I'm also interested in seeing how he and Grealish cope together against PL level midfields.
Take out Pogba, and Grealish/McGinn would both walk into our midfield.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Take out Pogba, and Grealish/McGinn would both walk into our midfield.
I think so, too!

Apparently, according to @FootballHQ , they're interested in Phillips from Leeds. Honestly, if they get him alongside keeping Grealish and McGinn, I think they'll have one of the better midfields in the league.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
He has good technique and can run and run and run.

Probably worth £20m, but he's very important to Villa and they don't need to sell, which is where the £50m comes into play.

It's not what he's worth, but it's what you'd have to pay if you want him. Similar to AWB.

Tel074

Who - or what - is a John McGinn? Supposedly we want him from Villa and he will cost £50m. If even close to true, it's total madness. I'm beginning to think someone is just putting names in a hat and drawing them out while wearing a blindfold... I just hope it's not Ole. Among all the youngsters we are linked to, we need some top-class experienced players

This is journalism at its laziest. As you say they just pluck names out of a hat and run stories on them. There is absolutely no hope we will be signing McGinn and for 50 million haha . He cost Villa 3 million a year ago

Last edited by a moderator:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
sorry but I didn't sit and watch every championship game last season.. or is he up the ballon d'or?
He was the most chased after player in Scotland when he was at Hibs, both Celtic and Rangers wanted him but he wanted to play in England so went to Villa and arguably was their best player

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Sounds like there's not much chance we can get him given his importance to Villa and the fee that they would want.

Pav1878

Oh come on, this place has gone mental.

John Feckin McGinn, give me strength!

This is Liverpool when they signed all those British players and achieved the square root of F all.

Has anyone stopped to think that surely not all these British players we are signing are going to turn into a Robertson?

This window is an absolute shambles.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't believe this rumour at all personally.

The Sun also linked us to Brun Larson from Dortmund but I don't see people talking about him either.

luke511

Seriously annoying seeing this £50 mil price tag stick after one Sun article. Bet his agent's buzzing over how easy it is to manipulate the general public.

ash_86

Don't believe this rumour at all personally.

The Sun also linked us to Brun Larson from Dortmund but I don't see people talking about him either.
I think it's more to do with the author who wrote the article. Alon Nixon is quite a reliable source for Championship news.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Oh come on, this place has gone mental.

John Feckin McGinn, give me strength!

This is Liverpool when they signed all those British players and achieved the square root of F all.

Has anyone stopped to think that surely not all these British players we are signing are going to turn into a Robertson?

This window is an absolute shambles.
Stop believing every peice of shite you read on the internet. Just because someone has written it, doesn't mean it's true.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I like him but needs to be playing at least a season in EPL to see if he can hack it. If it is a £15m sort of a punt then fine. He’s like a mini Herrera in terms of style but with more forward drive.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it's more to do with the author who wrote the article. Alon Nixon is quite a reliable source for Championship news.
Fair enough, can't say I usually look passed the Sun headlines. I'd be very surprised if this happened though, but I imagine we are keeping an eye on how he performs this year.

Pav1878

Stop believing every peice of shite you read on the internet. Just because someone has written it, doesn't mean it's true.
I haven't read that on the internet, it's my own opinion based on what I've seen the club do so far, the names we have brought in or are seriously linked with and the names that are going elsewhere.

ivaldo

I haven't read that on the internet, it's my own opinion based on what I've seen the club do so far, the names we have brought in or are seriously linked with and the names that are going elsewhere.
Where are these names we are being linked with coming from then? You're own investigative work? Do you have insider knowledge on the John McGinn rumour?

A9X SJ

Was cracking player at Hibs not sure he could make the step up again, Celtic should have stopped being tight & payed the intial fee before he went to Villa

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

Pav1878

Where are these names we are being linked with coming from then? You're own investigative work? Do you have insider knowledge on the John McGinn rumour?
Nope, do you?

What's your point?

Clearly I'm giving my opinion on this transfer rumour as you are.

Clearly not having the same opinion as you offends you somehow.

LonelyFire

Someone must be in contract discussions....

In all honesty, he’s nowhere near Utd quality -
I’ve seen plenty of him from Hibs through to now. He’ll probably do ok in the PL but not the top level.

ivaldo

Nope, do you?

What's your point?

Clearly I'm giving my opinion on this transfer rumour as you are.

Clearly not having the same opinion as you offends you somehow.
It's not a hard point, is it? You're commenting on transfer stories online, but you haven't read any of it online. You're opinion is literally based on something you're trying to tell me you haven't read. Great stuff.

Sterling Archer

That is expected. I am actually worried about fans who think McGinn is better than pogba in our team :houllier:
Incredible reactions, eh? It's not like he might come in for cup games and sub into the league maybe replace someone like Pereira. Nope. Straight into Pogba's spot.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Ole’s transfer list is fantastic, if he was still Cardiff manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.