John McGinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Spoke to my mate Aston Villa fans, he thinks he’s not that good, not our level of expectation.

Ace of Spades

He has good quality, not just a good engine but some experience in the PL, with a team that he is settled in would be better than moving at this point. He has made good progress at Villa, should continue to do so next year.

Bwuk

He’s class. He’ll be great for Villa in the prem.

RedDevilRoshi

Absolutely loved him when he was playing for my local team here in Scotland - Hibernian. That goal just epitomises what sort of player he is.

Hope he has a wonderful season in the Prem.

Bwuk

Absolutely loved him when he was playing for my local team here in Scotland - Hibernian. That goal just epitomises what sort of player he is.

McGeoch always looked good next to him as well, but it’s never really panned out for him since then.

RedDevilRoshi

McGeoch always looked good next to him as well, but it’s never really panned out for him since then.
Dylan McGeouch’s main issue was that he was very injury prone. Definitely a very good footballer and someone that controlled a lot of games from deep but staying fit was the issue. I’d take him back at Hibs in a heartbeat though.

McGeouch - McGinn - Allan

That was a fantastic midfield for us. They all clicked with each other and developed into one of our best midfield for quite some time. McGeouch was the deep lying playmaker, McGinn the box 2 box, combative and driving midfielder and Allan was the number 10 playmaker.

Scholsey2004

He'd be absolutely terrific in the kind of pressing side ole wants to build. Very mobile. Good quality too.

Bwuk

Whilst I really like him, I don’t think we should splash 50m on him.

I watched his highlights reel against Charlton and he reminds me of Milner. Technically sound,hardworking individual.
Couldn't be any worse than Fred,though we'd like to aspire higher.

Ranchero

Who - or what - is a John McGinn? Supposedly we want him from Villa and he will cost £50m. If even close to true, it's total madness. I'm beginning to think someone is just putting names in a hat and drawing them out while wearing a blindfold... I just hope it's not Ole. Among all the youngsters we are linked to, we need some top-class experienced players
No no no no no no no no no. No.

The Bloody-Nine

If you're young, British, and you've kicked a ball professionally, you're apparently worth £50 million these days.

Lee565

Has to be made up nonsense, so Alex Ferguson wants United to sign him for 50 million, this is the same sir Alex that kept banging on about no value in the market.

Alemar

Why don’t we go for a normal midfielder? We need to aim for Saul or better, not McGuin

ManchesterYoda

I've never watched him play. Looking at his stats, it seems his main strengths are dribbling and pressing/winning possession back. He also got 16 goals+assists last season. That clip and your comment support that. I think having a ball winner that is a good dribbler could come in handy for fast breaks and counter attacks.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Why don’t we go for a normal midfielder? We need to aim for Saul or better, not McGuin
Athletico are one of the toughest teams to negotiate with. You either pay the release clause or there is no negotiation. His release clause is around 150m. His value isn’t even half that imo.

Enfant terrible

For the style of play and pace Ole wants, I cant see why we arent all over this guy. What am i missing? No pl experience? I cant see how that could be a deal breaker. Matic has planty of PL experience. Mata also. Would chose this guy over those two in a blink of an eye

Last edited by a moderator:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Longstaff and now McGinn. I'm just besides myself with excitment.
All because they have shit names.

Our fans are absolute clowns. If they both had fancy names they'd be highly rated.

fps

Our fans are absolute clowns. If they both had fancy names they'd be highly rated.
Absolutely. If he was called Davide Oolalaovitch the forum would be all over it.

marktan

Absolutely delighted for him! Hibs Legend!
Scotland seem to have a fairly decent spine, with Robinson, Mctominay, that striker guy that signed for £20m.. would be good to see them make a serious euros qualification push.

Nialinho

Quality player. All the people slating our supposed interest obviously didn't watch him in the Championship. Not surprising me one bit to see him shining right now.

NJM78

What a load of shit.
Are you waiting for Longstaff to score next before finding another post to prove whatever point you are trying to make. Clown definitely.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What a load of shit.
Are you waiting for Longstaff to score next before finding another post to prove whatever point you are trying to make. Clown definitely.
No I already know both are excellent. Try watching football rather judging by names.

Furthermore, nothing to do with goals. Try watching the fill performance and not just stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.