John Motson has died

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
77 doesn't seem like an age at all for a bloke who always seemed like he was pretty old. I had no idea Martin Tyler was the same age.

RIP Motty.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I love the way he says "oh Ballack!" like a father who's watched his 5 year old spill his juice all over his dinner

theatreofdreams777

My favourite commentator along with Clive Tyldesley. His FIFA 99 commentary was a joy to listen as a child even with Mark Lawrenson being there as co-commentator.

He had such a unique & distinctive voice. When I hear it even on BBC, I immediately used to think about FIFA 99 (my first FIFA game). Sadly there's no rich voice like his in football commentary anymore.

RIP to an absolute legend of football commentary.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
How was he only 77, I'm sure he was old at the peak of his career.

Fond memories of FA Cup finals and PS1&2 Fifa editions narrated by Motson.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Genuinely couldn't stand his commentary but condolences to his family nonetheless. His voice was iconic.
I definitely didn’t agree with everything he said but he was much better than anything ITV ever put up.

Guapa

Legendary figure in the game.The benchmark for all Broadcasters.RIP Motey.

Ibi Dreams

Grew up with him being the biggest voice in the game. I can still imagine his voice much more than I can some of the current commentators. Sad news, but a great career. RIP

Yorke to Cole

Along with Barry Davies, they were the "voices" of top flight English football for so long.

One of my favourite moments was the 1994 FA Cup semi final against Oldham when Mark Hughes scored the equaliser in the last minute of extra time;

"It comes out to Butt, Milligan gets a head to it, Beckford was needed, he wasn't there. It's hooked back in for Hughes..... it's THERE ".